This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2009

Default Azumangah Daioh

Yes, it's everyone's favorite "high school girl's doing cute things" slice-of-life comedy! ^_^

I've just watched the first two series DVDs on netflix, and I'm going crazy for want of somebody to discuss it with! @_@

All sorts of strange ideas keep popping up in my mind, no doubt placed there by the floating god-like cat-being that is Chiyo-chan's father.

What if Ms. Sakaki never stops growing, and she winds up stumbling around Tokyo 60ft tall, trying not to step on people and looking for a cat large enough for her to pet (tiger maybe? =o) how Kaorin react to that?

What if the girls had to deal with a vampire infestation? I can totally see Tomo hammering away at her stake with every sign of enthusiasm even after Yomi points out that it's nowhere near the heart. She would also probably suggest using Chiyo-chan as bait. Ms. Sakaki would be suspected of being a vampire, because she's all tall dark and mysterious, but Kaorin would come to her defense, or would she just go "If you're thirsty, you can bite me Ms Sakaki u_u" Would Chiyo-chan fall prey to the vampires? Would she go all Salem's Lot on them, hovering outside the window, her pigtails gently flapping, scratching against the glass, saying "Let me iiiin Osaka, let me in!" ?

Sooo many questions and strange ideas.

Found any good fanfiction? =o

I have. Osaka and the Yellow Sign is an improbably brilliant fanfic that seemlessly blends the extended Cthulhu Mythos and Azumangah Daioh.
Old 05-10-2009

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

well i am not really a fan of those ideas, but i did enjoy azumanga, the anime and the manga, i prefferred the manga and loved the characters, but osaka and sakaki owned completely

although chiyo chans pony tails were pretty awesome
and Mr takadachi, what a dog he was
Old 05-12-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

I hated Azumanga Daioh for a long time. Took my brother and a friend telling me it was good to give it a chance. And I'm glad I did.

MERI KURISUMASU.
Old 05-12-2009

LOLOLOL XDXDXD
it grows on you
Old 05-18-2009

I highly recommend it.
Old 05-23-2009

I swear, Azumanga Daioh is such a guilty pleasure! And the characters certainly grow on you after a while! Especially Osaka...

...And Mr. Kimura. XD
Old 05-24-2009

ewwww the perve LoL

sakaki in the kitty costume XDXDXD
Old 09-05-2009

Blurb: Honey Badger don't give a shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNecromancer View Post
Yes, it's everyone's favorite "high school girl's doing cute things" slice-of-life comedy! ^_^

I've just watched the first two series DVDs on netflix, and I'm going crazy for want of somebody to discuss it with! @_@

All sorts of strange ideas keep popping up in my mind, no doubt placed there by the floating god-like cat-being that is Chiyo-chan's father.

What if Ms. Sakaki never stops growing, and she winds up stumbling around Tokyo 60ft tall, trying not to step on people and looking for a cat large enough for her to pet (tiger maybe? =o) how Kaorin react to that?

What if the girls had to deal with a vampire infestation? I can totally see Tomo hammering away at her stake with every sign of enthusiasm even after Yomi points out that it's nowhere near the heart. She would also probably suggest using Chiyo-chan as bait. Ms. Sakaki would be suspected of being a vampire, because she's all tall dark and mysterious, but Kaorin would come to her defense, or would she just go "If you're thirsty, you can bite me Ms Sakaki u_u" Would Chiyo-chan fall prey to the vampires? Would she go all Salem's Lot on them, hovering outside the window, her pigtails gently flapping, scratching against the glass, saying "Let me iiiin Osaka, let me in!" ?

Sooo many questions and strange ideas.

Found any good fanfiction? =o

I have. Osaka and the Yellow Sign is an improbably brilliant fanfic that seemlessly blends the extended Cthulhu Mythos and Azumangah Daioh.
I know what you mean when you say Sakaki could grow to be 60 feet tall! XD But obviously that would never happen. But she could become one of the tallest people in the world! The tallest man in the world is Chinese I believe, and he's 7'9" I think?
Old 09-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNecromancer View Post

The Japanese were one step ahead of you, and already made a game like that.

But anywho, Osaka and Yomi are awesomefull.
Old 09-11-2009

Blurb: Awesomeness personified
Send a message via AIM to fairywings

I thought it was an enjoyable show, especially that one really hyper girl.. I am forgetting her name... I don't like many slice-of-life genres (other than Ichigo Mashimaro :D) but this one wasn't too bad. :) A vampire infestation might just spice things up a bit, haha.
Old 03-14-2011

Send a message via AIM to A. E. Stover

To be honest, I only checked this series out because Death Note's "B" mentioned it in Another Note.

I found it oddly endearing and I was surprised that I didn't regret watching it, especially after I realized it had no real plot... Probably because I watched it when I was a senior in high school and not as a junior :3