This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Site Help and Suggestions > Help
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2009

Here. If you have any problems from either making an Abridged Series, to troubleshooting, to ideas.

This is the place to help.
Old 03-13-2009

I'm noot making a series, but I am in need of good free video editing software. Any suggestions?
Old 04-05-2009

I would recommend Sony Vegas 8.0.

But I don't really know how to get it really. Sorry.
Old 04-10-2009

I need a good audio editing software which makes voice clear and remove all noises especialy microphone blows (well I'm getting pro mic soon but I'm precausious anyway) I used GoldWave and Audiacity but I don't like them :(

as for vid software...
Movie Maker.Simplest one...
Old 04-11-2009

Blurb: Mmm, fingers.
Marshmallow

Hmm...well Tai, there are also programs like RecordPad and Screenblast ACID 2 that might be good. Also, if you're making an AS, I would really invest in getting something better than WMM. (Sony Vegas Pro 7 or 8 are VERY good choices.) It may seem like the easiest way, to use WMM, but trust me, it's worth it in the long run. Once you get the hang of the software it'll make WMM look like...a horse and cart compared to a car. :3
Old 04-11-2009

Hmm I will try to use these programs...
I do have Sony Vegas 7 still I'm learning slowly it's usage.If I ever going to do AS I will use it instead of movie maker because MM lowers video quality and I usualy need 3 lines of audio (voice,music and sound effects)
My friend is already using Sony Vegas and I'm enving her skillz >:/ but first I need to learn a decent english accent because I can't make 'Gurren Lagann A-bridged' where everyone speak polish accent and Viral is from Liverpool (because I can imitate 'eyyyyy f** lad')

btw what do you think about accent-lacking people trying to make fandubz D:
Old 05-03-2009

I've decided that I'm a tottal sh*thead with voices
So still I can provide help with videos.I'm quite skilled with fitting voices together with picture,I am also able to get rid of subs.
Anyone needs help?I just like to do vids
Old 07-10-2011

My brother and I are planning on making an abridged series for Digimon Adventure 02, any suggestions on making it funny?
Old 07-12-2011

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

do you have an idea what you are doing? do you know how to use editing software somewhat decently (eg making words match mouth flaps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZdI...layer_embedded
this is an example of something done well (I didn't make it but its a good example) jokes will come as the series goes along but you have to at least know something about what you're doing (and preferably why) its easy to make an abridged series, its hard to make a good one
you gotta give people something new, something fresh and original
the same tired shit on windows movie maker where 2 people voice the entire cast with uncaring, droning voices that have breathing sounds is nothing new, and no one will watch it.
a personal tip- you're not a voice actor and shouldn't voice more then one or two characters. you get no respect from it, you just look like a tool who didn't want anyone else "in"
Old 07-14-2011

Bear in mind what is essential and what is not.

Abridged series are intended to be funny, but don't try too hard to come up with jokes. Try and play with the events that happen with each episode.

For example, I'm taking part in a Digimon Frontier Abridged Series, and I handle 99% of the script. I watch each episode back, but muted, so I can put my own words into each character's mouths. I use what I remember from the episodes but I try and put my own spin on it. As a result, the characters usually end up with very different personalities compared to their "TV show selves."

For example, Neemon is very silly and stupid in the actual show, but my abridged Neemon is short-tempered and aggressive, and loves to make fun of Bokomon and the kids. It's a lot of fun to play around with him, and I don't need to force jokes into his mouth to make him genuinely funny. Try sticking various personalities onto the characters and you might be surprised.

Now, here's something that's a little overrated: Lip synching. I do use it for DFAbridge but not everyone needs it to make their shows funny, though I will admit it does add that extra bit of polish. Lip synching is time-consuming but it looks great in the end. If you're interested, I have a few tips that can help.

Instead of playing a scene with the character's mouth moving back and forth over and over again, take individual screenshots (Sony Vegas is really useful for this method) of the character's mouth phases:

1) Mouth closed
2) Mouth partially open (not necessary but it makes the mouth movement look fluid)
3) Mouth fully open

Use these pictures to animate. The mouth should be open when a sound is being uttered and the mouth should be closed in between sounds. Stick a teensy little clip of "mouth partially open" in between each "fully open" and "closed" to make it look more fluid. It takes time but it's simple and can be fun.

Also, make these screenshots easy to locate. For instance, when I have several mouth movements for JP, I name the first set like so:
JP1-1 (JP's mouth is closed), JP1-2 (JP's mouth is partially open), and JP1-3 (JP's mouth is fully open).
When I'm done animating that scene, and I see another JP scene that calls for lip synching, I take more screenshots and replace the first number in each name with the following number, like so:
JP2-1, JP2-2, JP2-3.

I hope this synching tip helps!

Also, never be afraid to ask for help if you feel you need it. I'm working with a team of trusted friends and they usually help contribute ideas when I find myself stuck.

Last edited by AzzyFox; 07-14-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2011

My freind and I are making a couple abridged series, I have a few episodes scripted for each of them, and we are thinking of some onrunning jokes
Old 07-16-2011

Hey, I'm a pretty good editor, I know how LK does it, and I'd be willing to edit for you if you want. Just PM me, and I'll show you some videos I've done.
Old 08-05-2011

Where can I get the animated clips to abridge and edit them?
Old 09-27-2011

Blurb: What fun is there in making sense?

Where can I find downloadable HD episodes of Magi Nation? The ones I have are crap quality.
Old 09-30-2011

I'd suggest Google search.
Old 10-07-2011

And I'd suggest actually buying the DVDs and supporting the industry.
Old 10-18-2011

Blurb: What fun is there in making sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzyFox View Post
I'd suggest Google search.
Couldn't find anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uraby210 View Post
And I'd suggest actually buying the DVDs and supporting the industry.
Where am I gonna find Magi Nation DVDs?

Hey, aren't you the One Piece Abridged guy?