This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
Default Site Drama

I've noticed there's a lot of drama onsite by a lot of people that don't care or think it's funny to emotionally hurt people for no reason. Everyone has valid points, opinions, and emotions, it's not right to poke fun at them for what they believe and feel. I've been avoiding the site and certain people because of all the drama and pain this has caused me. when the drama starts up, I either get angry, say and do stuff I don't mean or I crash into a depression fit. (it's not the manic phases that will kill me, it's the depression fits that will.) I love this site, coming here and chatting with all of you guys, but I can't take dealing with the drama and some people feel the need to spread. I'm tired of it, and would like it to stop. When someone disregards my feelings and emotions, I feel worthless and like everything I am, think, feel, and do is garbage. Constructive criticism is ok, but there's a line between criticism and out right flaming and abuse. I'm used to dealing with problems and issues myself, but when I need to, I seek the proper help. If someone snaps on me, I'll snap back. When I get tired of the snapping and drama, I leave.

If anyone else has thoughts or opinions on this subject, speak up now.

Last edited by GcarOatmealRaisinCookies; 07-13-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-10-2010

O RLY?
Old 07-10-2010

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

1st I'd like to say...Please don't O'rly serious discussion threads.

Second I'd like to say that drama can only be created if you let people who cause it get to you. I know I've lost my temper a couple times at people on this site, but in the end the internet should never be serious business.

If someone is emotionally hurting you on purpose, ask them to stop. If they continue, tell a mod, and put the person on ignore. If you think someone is emotionally hurting you by accident, you should explain to that person that they are upsetting you and that you don't appreciate it. Either they'll understand, and try to chill out or they'll be pricks and we're back at option one.

Perhaps the problem is you're taking too defensive of a stance to start with. Instead of assuming that the people who are upsetting you are doing it on purpose you should stop for a moment and think about why what they said upset you. Because without exploring the triggers for emotional catalysts, you can't learn to work around them so that you can be more mellow and not take things to heart.

I'm not talking about someone calling you a tard monkey for no reason or anything like that. That's just people picking on each other, and honestly if you take that to heart you shouldn't be on the internet, because that will be found everywhere. Also that just relays back up to my first point.

Take it from someone who understands manic depression *very* well. You have to learn to digest your emotions. You have to learn to not allow them to rule you because the minute you do they will take control of your life and stop you from enjoying any of it. When your emotions are ruling you, and you can't do anything to stop them (because that does happen in our cases) do not put yourself in a situation where you know it will cause more problems. If that means leaving the site then don't come to the site, but don't let your fear of that happening stop you from coming here and enjoying the time you are here with the people you like.

This is very long and I doubt anyone will read it, but hey, I'm trying to help, even if my help isn't wanted.
Old 07-10-2010
Closet Trekkie

I've tried explaining why I'm upset to the people that upset me, they simply don't care how they treat people and keep right on being mean, and I've found going to the mods doesn't help, because the person gets warned, stops for a week or so, then goes right back to being mean as what started the original complaint. I also use the ignorlist, but curiosity kills the cat, sometimes and I can't take it.

I can put up with a little teasing on the internet, and when I can't take it anymore, I do tell people to stop, if they don't stop I get mean right back. My issue is with the people that don't stop when asked or stop for a week, then go right back to doing what they were doing that got me so upset.

It's not good for someone to be frustrated and worry if the next thing a person types is going to be an insult or a rare pleasant comment. That's what I experience every time I come here.

(and yes, Ocean, I did read your whole post)
Old 07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOcean View Post
1st I'd like to say...Please don't O'rly serious discussion threads [...] but in the end the internet should never be serious business.
Makes perfect sense. I think.

Perhaps the subject matter of this thread could be extended to incorporate internet etiquette in general.
Old 07-12-2010

Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.

This happens so much on the internet and real life, people will say things at you that might make you feel hurt or lose some of that pride in you. The same can be said to you, you might have side something that might have hurt someone and you don't know about it.
Never let what people say on the internet effect you, sure it's hard and you might take what they say to heart, but you need to relax and let it roll off. And going back at them telling them hurtful things will just fuel it and put you down to their level. Don't let them know they have hurt you, it's might make them happy they made your day miserable, and if your truly are hurt by what they said talk to a close friend about it, this will make you feel better.
If you wanna talk to me i would be happy to talk to you if you need.
Old 07-12-2010
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

I really don't think this kind of topic is suitable for a thread here. It's too much flame-bait, especially considering that it deals with stuff that is between forum users. Sorry Gcar, I feel that this is better suited to private conversations...

That said, if any other staff member disagrees, feel free to unlock the thread. I could be wrong on this >_>

Last edited by JesusRocks; 07-13-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-13-2010
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

I am reopening the thread, since I am now convinced I made the wrong decision.

Continue as normal, people... my apologies ^_^;
Old 07-13-2010
Closet Trekkie

Thank you JR
Old 07-13-2010

Send a message via AIM to TitanAura

Well I've been involved with drama on this site as well so I'm decently knowledgeable of the sort of crap that goes on here. Regardless, I usually attempt to keep it as far away from me as possible so that I might enjoy my popcorn (omnomnom). Heck, drama is the #1 reason I disappear from the YGOTAS.com radar for months at a time. *ponders* In fact, I think this stretch of forum activity is the LONGEST I've ever remained consistently active. That sentence right there probably just jinxed the whole thing. Might as well start the countdown now.

Forum Drama in 10....
Old 07-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusRocks View Post
I am reopening the thread, since I am now convinced I made the wrong decision.

Continue as normal, people... my apologies ^_^;
Well, as is standard practice for being wrong ON THE INTERNET....

*throws JR into septic tank*

Sorry JR. I'll pay for the dry cleaning bill. I'd suggest using an extremely acidic cleaner next time you shower if you don't want to smell like an outhouse over the next few weeks.

Old 07-13-2010

Blurb: I got face to personaly mess with me

See I because I'm not a bar fly I think I miss a lot of this drama. I know I've felt like I've have my sole crushed by other users on the site while doing death note TGF. So I took a time out for myself.
I'm just get upset when you find you have made a mistake and try to recity it and someone jumps on you for it.
Old 07-13-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

is that a hint at me yami?????? ^_-

=way I see it, poeple have different levels of resiliance and harshness, some deal with it in non-confrontal ways and other are very open with their confrontation, each person is different and that is only thing have in common. In end though, we have got to live with each other, but no one is ever going to love everyone else, so just like those you do

PS however remember an agrument takes two poeple, so if there is a fight, no matter how justified you feel in your side, it will be both sides fighting

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 07-13-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2010

Blurb: I got face to personaly mess with me

The more sole crushing part is a uncreative Kira or when you fiddle to give someone who's returned to play after a while a role and they do jack shit with it. Fate doesn't want me to have fun with my new dice.

I just silently agree to disagree then bang my head against the desk when someone else brings up the same idea I had later.
Last time i was really frustrated because of argument I made a song parody to vent.
Now I just go post something about it on twitter.

Last time we had reall drama that I know of the site rules got edited to but in to writing that underling may or may not be able to screw the rules.
Old 07-13-2010

Blurb: No. 8014

I personally miss all the drama
Personally, The drama is what made me interested in the site.
I love all the drama that existed and since people have become more PG and try avoid the drama, It seems quite boring around here =S
Old 07-13-2010
Closet Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamiangie View Post
See I because I'm not a bar fly I think I miss a lot of this drama. I know I've felt like I've have my sole crushed by other users on the site while doing death note TGF. So I took a time out for myself.
I'm just get upset when you find you have made a mistake and try to recity it and someone jumps on you for it.
I avoid forum games all together because of the drama that goes on this site.

Think, when's the last time I played a main round of DNTFG, when I used to be a regular at signing up? I'm playing in the current miniround, but plan on going inactive. I'm still concerned about signing up and playing certain games if certain users are playing them, also.

I've also left quite a few groups because the people I have the most trouble with, have become members, even exclusive groups that are invite only.
Old 07-14-2010
Rides Kaiba

Blurb: Duct tape his mouth shut and you can have a nice trophy husb
Send a message via MSN to AllisonWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOcean View Post
1st I'd like to say...Please don't O'rly serious discussion threads.

Second I'd like to say that drama can only be created if you let people who cause it get to you. I know I've lost my temper a couple times at people on this site, but in the end the internet should never be serious business.

If someone is emotionally hurting you on purpose, ask them to stop. If they continue, tell a mod, and put the person on ignore. If you think someone is emotionally hurting you by accident, you should explain to that person that they are upsetting you and that you don't appreciate it. Either they'll understand, and try to chill out or they'll be pricks and we're back at option one.

Perhaps the problem is you're taking too defensive of a stance to start with. Instead of assuming that the people who are upsetting you are doing it on purpose you should stop for a moment and think about why what they said upset you. Because without exploring the triggers for emotional catalysts, you can't learn to work around them so that you can be more mellow and not take things to heart.

I'm not talking about someone calling you a tard monkey for no reason or anything like that. That's just people picking on each other, and honestly if you take that to heart you shouldn't be on the internet, because that will be found everywhere. Also that just relays back up to my first point.

Take it from someone who understands manic depression *very* well. You have to learn to digest your emotions. You have to learn to not allow them to rule you because the minute you do they will take control of your life and stop you from enjoying any of it. When your emotions are ruling you, and you can't do anything to stop them (because that does happen in our cases) do not put yourself in a situation where you know it will cause more problems. If that means leaving the site then don't come to the site, but don't let your fear of that happening stop you from coming here and enjoying the time you are here with the people you like.

This is very long and I doubt anyone will read it, but hey, I'm trying to help, even if my help isn't wanted.
This.
Old 07-14-2010

Old 07-14-2010
Closet Trekkie

hmm, I knew this was a mistake, too many people on this site just don't care how they treat people and I think it's time I deleted this site from my favourites.

I may be a little too sensitive for this place, but that doesn't give you people the right to be assholes and get away with it.

FUCK OFF BITCHES
Old 07-14-2010

Blurb: I was very annoying in 2009
Marshmallow

I love you all, give me a hug....OH GOD NOT YOU TITAN....NOOOOO
Old 07-14-2010

Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.

This site has that much drama? Well since i'm kinda new i don't see it at all and it doesn't effect me at all.
Old 07-14-2010

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

Allison you are the biggest ass hole here, and more often then not the source for all the unnecessary drama and butting into issues no one wants you in
the site has drama and people have this preconceived notion they are entitled to be ass holes on the internet (I imagine cause they can't be IRL or they'd get the living shit beaten out of them)
people lose their basic kindness for their fellow man because they can
it just shows how low and stupid humanity has come in such a short time
Old 07-14-2010
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

Hey look how quickly this devolved from coherent conversation into explosions of emotion and accusations. Topic closed now. If someone has a good reason to open it back up then I'd love to hear it.
Closed Thread