This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

There is no Nightwish, as far as I'm concerned.

Tarja got fired because she committed the horrible crime of having a life beyond Nightwish, so seriously, they are dead to me.

Nothing against whoever the new lead singer is, but... well, she's a vulture.
Old 06-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
There is no Nightwish, as far as I'm concerned.

Tarja got fired because she committed the horrible crime of having a life beyond Nightwish, so seriously, they are dead to me.

Nothing against whoever the new lead singer is, but... well, she's a vulture.
QFT.
At least Tarja's My Winter Storm was pretty cool... Ciaran's Well is brilliant.

All this non-death metal talk has influenced my today's song playlist quite dramatically...
Old 06-27-2009

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

I donno Nightwish are alright, not really original anymore, sadly
I like Fleetwood Mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soioqrYorq4
one of my many old band concerts I've seen
I've never seen a new band in concert lol, old bands are so much better
Old 06-28-2009

Blurb: NEPPU! SHIPPU!

Why the hell haven't I posted here yet??

Pink Floyd remains the center of my universe, musical or otherwise. Other than that, in no particular order:
Metallica-fan club member, saw them live in January, got a pick and everything

Megadeth-holds the better musicians over Metallica (so that argument's put to rest), but the lineup changes annoy me (so THAT argument's put to rest)

Slayer-screws your fake blood; holds one of the four great drummers of metal

Korn-Nu metal is good metal

Slipknot-Ot9 member, maggot for life; holds one of the four great drummers of metal

System of a Down-"Because we are cool...are you cool?"; holds one of the four great drummers of metal

Black Sabbath-Can't deny me my classics, preferrably with Ozzy

Led Zeppelin-All four of them are fucking gods; RIP Bonzo, your son's doing well

The Who-First band I saw live, still as good even minus two

AC/DC-Prefer Brian's voice over Bon, but Bon was damn cool

Rush-Three of the best musicians in existance; best damn drummer ever

Nirvana-Named for where we all strive to be; very convinced Kurt didn't kill himself and I don't feel like debating it

Iron Maiden-Noodily-noodily-noodily-noodily...BRUCE DICKINSON!!

Queen-Oh, you though Robert Plant could sing high...

Serj Tankian-He may be made of concentrated rage with System, but he's absolutely elegant alone or with the FCC

David Gilmour-I'll take black Strat over goldtop Les any day (no offense to Lizzy or Snowy fans)

Thin Lizzy-Proof that I don't hate Snowy, and they are really great beyond that one album everybody in the States knows 'em for

Roger Waters-And you thought grungers and punks were cynical and moody...say hello to the angriest man alive and some of the best music ever written, in and out of Floyd

The Beatles-only when they're trippy

Jethro Tull-don't hate them for being good, hate the Grammy folks; beyond that, they're just that; good

Richard Wright-he produced two very introspective albums before he passed on, and they sound great

Syd Barrett-also had a minor solo career; the albums are a little flawed, but I love them so, much as I love this genius

Ozzy Osbourne-Randy Rhodes vs. Zakk Wylde: place your bets; both are eclipsed by the original Prince of Darkness (Megadeth reference lying somewhere in this description)

Black Label Society-While we're on the subject of Wylde...

Philip Glass-He may not like the term "minimalism", but he is a champion of that my favorite kind of symphonic music

Dmitri Shostakovich-survived Stalin, Leningrad, and American audiences; one of my big favorites among the Russian composers

Ludwig van Beethoven-the earlier, classical-era stuff doesn't sit well, but that romantic period brilliance...(even if the 9th is overplayed)

Gustav Holst-I've had the priviledge of playing some of his band works, and they're just as good as his orchestrals

Johann Sebastian Bach-some are surprised that I dislike classical works and enjoy the baroque, but there's quite a few reasons behind that, and this is one of them; used a disc of his organ works to help me sleep at night during elementary school

Antonio Vivaldi-Okay, I'm kinda partial to anything Venetian, but hearing The Four Seasons where it was composed was damn cool, as was playing it as a kid

George Frideric Handel-one of the few baroque composers who wrote good timpani parts, intermittent as they were

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer-minor-known fact: ELP was originally going to be HELP (Hendrix, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer), but Jimi died until anything could happen, and the three remainders became champions of fusing orchestral with rock until punk and the unthinking majority killed them

Outworld-a power/thrash metal band from Texas, with one of the best guitarists in existence among them

Yngwie Malmsteen-Speaking of the best guitarists in existence...

Stone Sour-not just because of Corey and Jim; if that was the logic I used, I'd be into Murderdolls

Jimi Hendrix-the Experience, the Band of Gypsies...whoever he's with, it's all good if it's Jimi (but especially the Experience)

Iron Butterfly-my psychedelic urges need a break from Floyd and Barrett once in a while...so I have Jimi and these folks to choose from

And if I forgot anybody important, oops sorry.
Old 06-28-2009

Blurb: NEPPU! SHIPPU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
I donno Nightwish are alright, not really original anymore, sadly
I like Fleetwood Mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soioqrYorq4
one of my many old band concerts I've seen
I've never seen a new band in concert lol, old bands are so much better
Go see a Rush gig. You won't be sorry.
Old 06-28-2009

I've only seen 2 bands live - Rise Against and Bring Me The Horizon. Both were incredible, but the latter one was less enjoyable for the first hour or so due to the crowd, what with the kicks I got to the head from crowd surfers every 30 seconds or so... I started out right at the front and decided to go up the back in time for Bring Me to actually start playing.

Quote:
holds one of the four great drummers of metal
You ever heard Behemoth play?
Old 06-28-2009

Kochiha: Nice list. ^_^
Old 06-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiha View Post
Go see a Rush gig. You won't be sorry.

I have...I'm canadian! its pretty much gonna happen again anyways
Old 06-28-2009

I don't think I've put up a list of my favorites bands here yet - I suppose I might as well.
Here they are - not in any real particular order, except for the first 10 or so.

Draconian - Symphonic Death Metal at it's absolute finest. Their music is relentlessly heavy and yet still manages to keep a hypnotic, atmospheric feel throughout each of their songs - that, combined with a goddess-like female singer and brutal background growls, they're simply the best band I've ever heard.
Bloodbath - Excessive brutality and scenes of fantasizing about being cannibalized and chewed to death. You have been warned.
Opeth - They're a band that explores every corner of the music world, infuses it with death metal and shreds the fuck out of it with 10 minute long solos and frequent clean/growl vocal transitions, never failing to deliver. They're the band that changed my life.
Behemoth - The most insane band I know. The drummer is a God in the flesh and never ceases to leave me speechless.
Bring Me The Horizon - While I love metalcore, deathcore and screamo, most of it sounds too generic or serves only to be as loud as possible - that's where BMTH come in. They don't have a single song that doesn't send chills through my spine. They're a perfect band.
Arch of Hell - Very similar to Draconian, but they employ screams, rather than growls. They were my outright favorite band for a long time until I got tired of listening to the same songs day after day. They're the closest thing you'll ever find to operatic screamo.
The Agonist - A female scream/clean singer? Yes please.
Cradle Of Filth - An entirely unique band, courtesy of Dani Filth. They've got a great mix of symphonic and black metal elements and always seem to impress.
Slipknot - What needs to be said? They're one of the 3 or so bands that got me into metal in the first place (alongside System of a Down and Drowning Pool).
Nightwish/Tarja Turunen - The best symphonic non-death metal band and singer there is.
Rise Against - A change from my usual listening style - punk isn't usually my thing, but these guys have such a solid discography and were so amazing live that I can't deny that I love them anymore.
Amon Amarth - A solid melodic death metal band. One of the first bands of the genre I knew.
Arch Enemy - I first listened to them because I knew they had a female lead. Then I kept listening to them because their music was awesome.
In Flames - They're the band that got me into death metal in the first place. I'll never be able to thank them enough.
Dimmu Borgir - Something similar to Cradle of Filth without the unique voice of Dani Filth to spice things up a bit. Still, their music is brilliant.
Trail of Tears - Just another awesome symphonic-death type band. A friend recommended them to me and I got hooked for a while before other music took their place.
Bullet For My Valentine - One of the most popular and solid metalcore bands there is. They were the first band of the genre I listened to.
Norther - Just some more kickass melodeath. 'Unleash Hell' still sits comfortably on my list of all-time favorite songs.
Therion - Probably the most symphonic of the symphonic-death type bands I know, 'Typhon' being the song that started my sympho-death addiction in the first place. Their new album sucks, though.
Within Temptation - The band that got me into symphonic metal in the first place. They've got an incredibly solid song list.
Sirenia - Along the same lines of WT with backing growls every now and then - I haven't looked through much of their work but what I've heard so far is awesome.
System of a Down - The first metal band I liked, the funniest band I know and the band that, without them, I never would've ended up liking the music I do now. They're a classic band and always will be.
Scars on Broadway - Anything with Daron Malakian in it has to be good. I just wish they were a little heavier.
Serj Tankian - I freaking love his use of piano on the debut album. 'Sky is Over' is the best non-symphonic piano song I've ever heard.
Moonspell - More sympho-black/death awesome.
Guano Apes/Sandra Nasic - These guys came even before SOAD did - even today, I still love them. They have some brilliant songs and the female singer has an awesome tomboy-ish voice - I didn't even know it was a girl singing until I looked into it, and neither did my friends until I told them.
Lacuna Coil - ...Symphonic Pop Metal? Their earlier albums are a lot better than their previous work but 'Our Truth' still remains to be a damn cool song.
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - More sympho-black/death awesome #2.
Suicide Silence - The heaviest band in my library. They're awesome.
Parkway Drive - Along the lines of Suicide Silence and BMTH but not quite as cool.
Drowning Pool - Alongside SOAD, they were one of the bands that helped me along my way to where my musical taste is today. They were my favorite band for a long time.
Linkin' Park - Their last two albums fucking blow ass but their first two are brilliant, 'Meteora' taking the cake. They were my favorites for a while and were also one of the earliest metal bands I'd listened to.
As I Lay Dying - Metalcore ftw.
Atreyu - Metalcore ftw #2.
It Dies Today - Metalcore ftw #3.
Bleeding Through - Metalcore ftw #4.
Marilyn Manson - I disagree with his image and overall mindset but he has some pretty cool songs.
Lamb of God - I've listened through an album of their and was impressed. I'm sure I'd be more into them if I'd heard more of them...
Underoath - Metalcore ftw #5.
Tenacious D - Just cos they're funny.

...ugh, that took a while.
Old 06-28-2009

I like WT, one of the first forums I went on was the WT one lol

most of those bands I have no clue of who they are
Old 06-29-2009
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

I haven't made a list yet so here we go.

Agalloch
Alcest
Amesoeurs
Arcturus
Baroness
Blind Guardian
Burzum
Callisto
Cult of Luna
Dinosaur Jr
Falconer
Galneryus
Haggard
Helloween
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Kamelot
King Crimson
Kyuss
Manilla Road
Mastodon
Megadeth
Modest Mouse
Nirvana
Opeth
Pelican
Pixies
Porcupine Tree
Radiohead (Only "The Bends")
Rainbow
Red Sparrows
The Smashing Pumpkins
Stratovarious
Weezer ( Early albums)
Wolves in the Throne Room
Yakuza

There's a lot of metal, but nowadays I've been drifting away from it.
Old 06-29-2009

Amon Amarth- Great metal. VIKINGS!!
KoRn- good stuff
Sirenia- Nice touch. some of their songs are very catchy
Slayer- It's raining blood right now. imo, the best founder of Thrash Metal out of the 4 (Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer)
Bullet for my Valentine- I blame GH for getting me into them XP
Deeds of Flesh- Great straight-up Death Metal
Immortal- Without a doubt, the funniest Black Metal band ever.
Rotting Christ- Melodic Black Metal at it's finest (imo)
Wednesday 13- He makes great music. and if you disagree, he'll make bad things happen to you!
Murderdolls- This band got me into the heavier stuff, I suppose
The Black Dahlia Murder- My friend got me into them. they are very good!
As I Lay Dying- My brother got me into them. which is wierd cuz he likes really horrible stuff.
Children of Bodom- Nice stuff. they are very good!
Hammerfall- has one of the best vocalists in metal
Kamelot- First band I listened to in '07. discovered them Jan. 1, 2007
Marilyn Manson- Despite all the media coverage about this guy, he makes excellent music. and according to Dee Snider; "He gets it. He knows what it's all about! It's about being larger than life!"
Powerglove- BEST VIDEO GAME COVER BAND EVER!!
Sonic Syndicate- they make good music.
Tool- Maynard is a god. disagree with me, I dare you. they make some of the greatest songs to have ever been composed. they are an amazing band. enough said
Blink 182- 1st band to get me out of my rap phase
Jimmy Eat World- Futures was a good album. being kinda like AAR (All American Rejects), they're one of the few not metal bands that I can stand
OLD Linkin Park- Back in the days of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. those were great albums. their new stuff is absolutely horrible
KISS- haha. thank you Role Models.
Lamb of God- great, great band. all their stuff is genius!
Carpathian Forest- the 1st Black Metal band I've heard to use a saxaphone for a song. it was pretty much a Black Jazz song. but they have good stuff. and meet the expectations of Black Metal

Last edited by pandapat; 06-29-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2009

anyone like Huey Lewis and the News?
Old 06-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
Agalloch
Alcest
Amesoeurs
Arcturus
Baroness
Blind Guardian
Burzum
Callisto
Cult of Luna
Dinosaur Jr
Falconer
Galneryus
Haggard
Helloween
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Kamelot
King Crimson
Kyuss
Manilla Road
Mastodon
Megadeth
Modest Mouse
Nirvana
Opeth
Pelican
Pixies
Porcupine Tree
Radiohead (Only "The Bends")
Rainbow
Red Sparrows
The Smashing Pumpkins
Stratovarious
Weezer ( Early albums)
Wolves in the Throne Room
Yakuza
:D:D:D
Old 06-30-2009

i'll give a list if evenone else is

atmosphere - they were one of the first artists to make me think rap can be good, plus there is no one that has better lyrics than them

immortal technique - first underground rapper i ever listened to, hardcore political and in your face, just how i like it :D

system of a down - i love politcal shit :), i've never hear a band even remotly like them

burning in hell - powe metal at its best

ill bill - hardcore hip-hop and GOOD death rap, need i say more

pink floyd - i've just got into them and they sound great

green day - i can relate too there shit, im not emo but i am a 'reject' as an america would say

offspring - i just love there music
Old 07-12-2009

Blurb: Spehhs Merhinns!!

SLAYER - because there slayer. metal at its double-bass-pedalliest, and i know there must be better drummers than dave, but personaly i think hes the best.

METALLICA-First Metal band i liked FOUR HORSEMAN FUCK YEAH!

SLIPKNOT- Fucking hell, live they were unstopabble.

PANTERA- R.I.P. Dimebag, pantera were fucking brilliant.

PENDULUM- what can i say? i know loads of metalheads that love pendulum, i guess im one and the same.

IRON MAIDEN- every album, maiden 4 life.

SYSTEM OF A DOWN- They are (were) Fucking great, i love every album, i had toxicity, but it was stolen along with my dads van. :(

KoRN- a brilliant band, Munky owns.

thats all i can think of, oh yeah, and TENACIOUS D, cause there funny bastards.
Old 07-13-2009

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

Guns n roses XDXDXDXD
Old 07-13-2009

The Beatles-I grew up listening to them favorite song from them is "A day in the life"

Muse- Just love most of their music how they use a lot of imagination into their music is great "New Born" is my favorite song

Slipknot- I like how they have two drummers and how crazy their music is but Iowa and Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses) I think I got it right are my two favorite albums from Iowa "People=Shit" is my favorite and "The Blister Exists" is my favorite from the other album just because of the drum solo

Queen- Another one I grew up with "We are the Champions" fav only because when I was younger everyone in the car will always sing it whenever it played =D

To top it all off
Micheal Jackson- I mean come on man he's Micheal Jackson...MICHEAL JACKSON!!! He made Thriller...thriller...
Old 07-13-2009

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAZZLES13 View Post
The Beatles-I grew up listening to them favorite song from them is "A day in the life"

Queen- Another one I grew up with "We are the Champions" fav only because when I was younger everyone in the car will always sing it whenever it played =D

To top it all off
Micheal Jackson- I mean come on man he's Micheal Jackson...MICHEAL JACKSON!!! He made Thriller...thriller...
YUP you own wazzles XDXD
love all three of the ones u mentioned XD

oh and the doors off course
Old 07-14-2009

Yeah...=D
Old 07-14-2009

The doors/Jim Morrison
Bob dylan
John lennon
Michelle branch
Linkin park
Bonnie Tyler
Simon and Art Garfunkel
Johnny cash
Jimi hendrix
Queen
Guns n Roses
Weird al :D
"I dont like the drugs but drugs like me" By marilyn manson, not a fan but i am not gonna judge him either, some of his music aint too bad
The pet shop boys
Roxette
Cyndi lauper
Genesis
a few of madonnas songs but not her
Jordin Sparks haha i know XDXDXD
Paramores one song "thats what you get"
No doubt
Eric Carmen, he sung "hungry eyes" and "all by myself"
Bryan adams lol its true
A few Janet Jackson songs from "the velvet rope" and "all for you" ALBUMS
The Killers
Regina Spektor
Blink182
Yellow card (2004)
Simple plan (2003-05)
The all american Rejects
MY chemical romance lol i used to be a huge fan
The Rolling Stones
Oasis their 1995 album Owned

M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J M.J
all the songs, all the albums all the hits XDXDXD
Old 07-20-2009

Quote:
Simon and Art Garfunkel
hahahaha. seeing that made me think of the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy when Trebek asked Connery "Out of Simon and Garfunkel, who is Garfunkel?"

then Connery snaps back with "I Garfunkel'd your mother!":p
Old 07-24-2009

Fail not funny
Old 07-28-2009

Blurb: Fly Me To The Moon
Send a message via Yahoo to Yuuki Kuran

Artists
Yui
On/Off
Linkin Park
The Rasmus
Papa Roach
Black eyed Peas
Kris Allen
Flo Rida
Lady Gaga
Kat DeLuna
Sweetbox
Pussycat dolls
Kevin Rudolf
Three Days Grace
Pink
Uverworld
Kelly Clarkson
Kimeru
No doubt
My chemical Romance
Green Day
Old 07-28-2009

Location: In the space between your eyes and your nose. So you will never see me.
Blurb: What?...There can be only one?!?

Malcolm Middleton!
*crickets*
*the silence of unrecognition*
MF Doom
Slick Rick
Arctic Monkeys
Mars Volta
Winton Marsalis
Ornette Coleman
Jim Noir
Murder by Death
The Gutter Twins
Trivium
Underworld
The Clash
Skindred
Alestorm
Glasvegas
Bob Dyllan
Psychostick...THE definition of wasted talent. These guys are fucking awesome, especially the Bassist.
Tool
Dave Brubeck-The coolest Jazz musician ever! Also the only man able to make a 5/4 song sound awesome, and the only man to have survived writing in 7/4.
Charlie Parker - Because bird is always the word...Jazz reference ftw!
At the moment...

@ Maiseto: Have you heard Marilyn Manson's covers of 'The KKK Took My Baby Away' by the Ramones and 'Your Own Personal Jesus' by...(fuckfuckfuck...)Lou Reed (I think...)?
Waaaay increased my opinion of him as a musician. He completely changes the feel of the song while accentuating the lyrics' messages by adding his own, creepy synth-vox undertones.
Great songs as well.

Last edited by Serial Ulyssicider; 07-28-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial Ulyssicider View Post
Have you heard Marilyn Manson's covers of... 'Your Own Personal Jesus' by...(fuckfuckfuck...)Lou Reed (I think...)?
It's "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode.
Old 07-30-2009

have i heard the KKK took my baby away? no but i would like to
i like marilyns cover songs, the eighties ones are good :D
and you gotta love "i dont like the drugs but the drugs like me"
Old 08-05-2009

Quote:
Linkin' Park - Their last two albums fucking blow ass but their first two are brilliant, 'Meteora' taking the cake. They were my favorites for a while and were also one of the earliest metal bands I'd listened to.
Wait a minute, wait a minute... Linkin Park has only THREE studio albums: Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes to Midnight. What's this fourth one?

I know this is a bit late to the party, but I don't like parties.
Old 08-05-2009

Blurb: "I hope the island doesn't swim away or something...that would ruin my day"

FAVOURITE ARTISTS

Jay-Z
Eminem
Nas
Ice Cube
Ludacris
Clipse
Slaughterhouse (and all its members)
Muse
Smashing Pumpkins
Kanye West
Philip Glass

FAVOURITE SONGS (at the moment)
Kinda Like A Big Deal-Clipse ft. Kanye West
Take A Bow-Muse
Assassin-Muse
Exo Politics-Muse
The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning-Smashing Pumpkins
D.O.A. (Death Of Autotune)-Jay Z
Renegade-Jay Z ft. Eminem
Street Hop 2010-Royce Da 5'9
Warriors-Slaughterhouse
Underground-Eminem
The Warning-Eminem
Insane-Eminem
One Mic-Nas
Hero-Nas
Sly Fox-Nas
Big Brother-Kanye West
Pruit Igoe-Philip Glass
Shining Down-Lupe Fiasco ft. Matthew Santos
Holy Are You-Rakim
Auditorium-Mos Def ft. Slick Rick
Quiet Dog-Mos Def
Old 08-05-2009

Blurb: "I hope the island doesn't swim away or something...that would ruin my day"

Oh, and: They Don't Care About Us-Michael Jackson (almost forgot there)