This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > News, Rules, and Announcements > News

Old 07-08-2011
Administrator

Default I hate paperwork

The title of this post has nothing to do with anything, it's just the first thing that came to mind at this moment.

So for those of you living down under in Australia, you'll be moderately anxious to hear that I'll be flying out there (30 hour trip!) next Tuesday, touching down in Sydney on the Thursday afternoon. What happened to Wednesday? I like to think it went the same place as the Walt subplot in Lost. A pocket of subspace where forgotten plot threads go to die. Or maybe it's a time zone thing, who knows.

I've probably mentioned already, so I'll make this fast - SMASH! in Sydney is happening July 15th at the Sydney Convention Centre, and AVCon is happening July 22nd to the 24th at the Adelaide Convention Centre. Big up to those cons for bringing me over, I'm super thrilled - and for those of you fans attending, you'll be guaranteed to see some new material!

Also, I'd like to thank helixD for personally going to Anime Expo and promoting Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged like the trooper he is, as well as TeamFourStar's Takahata101 for braving the masses and performing endless Nappa/Dartz/Rower quotes.

So let's try and get a discussion happening, too. If you were to cast a Hollywood live action YGO movie, who would play the roles? I'd want Chris Parnell as Yami and Will Arnett as Kaiba. JUST SAYIN'.
Old 07-08-2011
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

I want Veronica Taylor to play Tea, since she's such an awesome voice actor. <3
Old 07-08-2011

Hmmm, young Martin Short as Yugi, but switches to Sylvester Stallone for Yami. I think Anna Faris would do a semi-decent job of an excitable slightly annoying Anzu. I don't know who would make a great Kaiba, but I think Justin Bieber would be good for Mokuba on account of all the general lameness. I only seem to know old actors though, very little good new meat.
Old 07-08-2011

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

Pegasus J Crawford needs to be played by Tilda Swinton.
Old 07-09-2011

Send a message via ICQ to SiriWesen Send a message via MSN to SiriWesen

Till Schweiger has to be Bandit Keith. (but i don't know, if he ever played in a Hollywood movie... I just think it would be funny to see him as Bandit Keith... in America )
Old 07-09-2011

I think that Danny Devito could play Grandpa:D Crocodile Dundee does a good Jack Atlas and Scarlett Johansson would make a perfect Mai Valentine. Oh and one other thing isnt smash on july 16th not 15th?
Old 07-09-2011

Second on Danny Devito
Old 07-10-2011

Blurb: [^_^]=Sex=Hot=Sexy=YG117
5th Anniversary
Send a message via MSN to YG117

I remember Beckett Yugioh collector came out with a thing on who would play live action Yugioh characters.
I can't remember them all (I think Haley Joel osment was Yugi, Amanda bynes was Anzu)

But the onthat stuck out to me the most was Kevin Spacey as Pegasus.

And ever since then I have always associated Kevin spacey and Pegasus as one.
(They even photoshopped him to look like Pegasus)
Old 07-12-2011

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

Reb Brown as Bandit Keith
Old 07-16-2011

You know, while re-watching Tru Calling a few months ago I couldn't help thinking that Shawn Reaves (who plays Harrison Davies) would make a really good Joey Wheeler. Mostly because, in the show, he's got the accent, and the blonde hair, and is a bit of an idiot, and gets into fights frequently, and gambles, and is always trying to look out for his sister..... So he basically is Joey Wheeler.
Old 07-17-2011

oh what about christian bale playing bakura:D
Old 07-20-2011

Alan rickman as bakura
Old 07-20-2011

and Jennifer Coolidge as Mai
Old 10-11-2011

Send a message via MSN to redconvoy

I know this is late from July, but I always said that the guy who plays J.R. Chandler from All My Children should play Seto Kaiba. He may not be that tall, but he could pull off the character fine.
Old 10-30-2011

I think Mel Gibson would make an exalent Kiba. just saying. :0
Old 11-09-2011
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

All work and no play makes gcar a dull girl