This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterGray View Post

yes.
yes i can

pictured, the meowmaster and its minions.

not pictured: the mountain of skulls they are posing on.
...I find your argument compelling.
Old 02-19-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Quote:

yes.
yes i can

pictured, the meowmaster and its minions.

not pictured: the mountain of skulls they are posing on.

Prophet of meowmaster.
Old 02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
I didn't say humans are unnatural per say, I'm saying our actions can single-handedly disrupt a fragile system and we should take care to avoid such actions. I would say that it is "natural" for the world to continue with or without humans, so we must make the conscious decision to act in the planets best interest.

By the way, by your definition, the existence of said deity would make it part of the natural world and would therefor not be unnatural.

Also, a special breed of spider just sounds ridiculous. What are you proposing, some sort of man-spider?
I feel that you are trying to say that we must act in our own best interest, not the planet's. If anything, given your claim that we can disrupt so much, it would seem to be better for the planet that we eventually trip up and extinct ourselves. Nature would recover eventually, even if not on this planet.

Oh, no, you misunderstand the concept of a deity. Think of it as our universe being a box, self-contained, and the deity being somebody outside the box. Inside the box, the universe continues as it would. But the deity, an external force, can reach in and change things on a whim. This would be against the natural flow of things in a self-contained environment. Further, anything that has the ability to alter everything in existence on a whim has to be considered 'not of nature', or unnatural.

Are you claiming that we shouldn't embrace human experimentation if it would better our society? Who is to say that man-spider intermixing would not better us in the long run? Spiders have many useful characteristics. Like doing whatever it is they do.
Old 02-19-2013
AssterGray Mod

Blurb: i set my clocks early cos i know i'm always late
Send a message via MSN to AsterGray

Quote:
I didn't say humans are unnatural per say, I'm saying our actions can single-handedly disrupt a fragile system and we should take care to avoid such actions. I would say that it is "natural" for the world to continue with or without humans, so we must make the conscious decision to act in the planets best interest.

By the way, by your definition, the existence of said deity would make it part of the natural world and would therefor not be unnatural.

Also, a special breed of spider just sounds ridiculous. What are you proposing, some sort of man-spider?

Discuss

Old 02-19-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zairak View Post
I feel that you are trying to say that we must act in our own best interest, not the planet's. If anything, given your claim that we can disrupt so much, it would seem to be better for the planet that we eventually trip up and extinct ourselves. Nature would recover eventually, even if not on this planet.

Oh, no, you misunderstand the concept of a deity. Think of it as our universe being a box, self-contained, and the deity being somebody outside the box. Inside the box, the universe continues as it would. But the deity, an external force, can reach in and change things on a whim. This would be against the natural flow of things in a self-contained environment. Further, anything that has the ability to alter everything in existence on a whim has to be considered 'not of nature', or unnatural.

Are you claiming that we shouldn't embrace human experimentation if it would better our society? Who is to say that man-spider intermixing would not better us in the long run? Spiders have many useful characteristics. Like doing whatever it is they do.
If we were created by a deity, then it would be the only natural thing and we would be the unnatural ones. After all, the deity existed before it created the universe. It would have altered the natural progression of things and created an unnatural world.

That's horrible. Human spider hybrids would scare normal people. They would always have to be on the look out for man-spiders.
Old 02-19-2013
Has been noticed

Blurb: Yo.
Cobra
Send a message via MSN to bakurachick

Quote:

Discuss

no.
Old 02-19-2013

Quote:

Discuss

That sounds like something Hitler would say.

Quote:
If we were created by a deity, then it would be the only natural thing and we would be the unnatural ones. After all, the deity existed before it created the universe. It would have altered the natural progression of things and created an unnatural world.

That's horrible. Human spider hybrids would scare normal people. They would always have to be on the look out for man-spiders.
This is true, from the deity's point of view. However, we have no concrete proof of such a being. Therefore, it is perfectly reasonable to base our perceptions on, well, our perceptions. That is, until such time as proof of a deity emerges, it is completely logical to treat our universe, and ourselves, as natural in its own context. It's all relative, you see.

As for your second point:

Last edited by Zairak; 02-19-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-19-2013
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

My boobs have somehow gotten bigger.
Old 02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcar90 View Post
My boobs have somehow gotten bigger.
You have 5 seconds to get back on topic before this is locked. Srsly.
Closed Thread