This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > News, Rules, and Announcements > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010
Administrator

Default BACON NO JUTSU!

So the first of the new caption contests is over, and we have our winner. It's none other than...

digitLninja with the following caption:

"As time seemed to stand still, The Pharaoh began to regret his earlier decision to wear bacon flavored underpants..."

Runners-up are DarkSpine29 and Zalyni! Honorable mention goes to JesusRocks, who should be reminded that persistence is futile.

This means digitLninja gets thrown into the hat for winning a fabulous mystery prize after four weeks of caption contest fun!

But in the meantime, it's time for our next instalment. I have the fabulous Birde Williams on hand to help me judge, so it's time for you guys to make with the funny.

Once again, entries must be text only, no photoshop entries will win - although simply sticking text onto the image is okay (frowned upon, but okay - it's much easier to just write the text, guys). Must be no longer than 100 words in length. And guys, try to avoid using YGOTAS quotes. I'm not going to pick a winner that just recycled my own writing. That'd be like handing the winning place to myself.

To enter the contest, just click the words "Bacon no jutsu!" at the top of this post and enter your response. Alternatively if that's too confusing, just click the "FORUM" button underneath Yami's smug face at the top of the screen and go to the News section. Thread's in there.
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: I came here to laugh at you.

Yugi: What have you been doing?
Tristan: I've been up studying for the past three days and I am now a genius! I am so smart! S-M-R-T...I mean S-M-A-R-T!
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: Praise Jashin!!
Send a message via AIM to AbridgedHidan Send a message via MSN to AbridgedHidan Send a message via Yahoo to AbridgedHidan
Default My Entry

Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: WTF is a Blurb?

Must admit, not impressed with the winners/runners up. Even some of the furry jokes, despite the recycled rubbish was funnier.
Old 03-28-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsaintscoot View Post
Must admit, not impressed with the winners/runners up. Even some of the furry jokes, despite the recycled rubbish was funnier.
That's, like, the worst caption ever.

Tristan doesn't even look like he's saying that.

Make it more yellingish.
Old 03-28-2010

Send a message via AIM to AbridgedHidan Send a message via MSN to AbridgedHidan Send a message via Yahoo to AbridgedHidan
Default Second Entry

Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: "It's bad luck to open an umberella inside! And its GREEN!! ARE YOU INSANE??!!" ~ Outnumbered <3

Quote:
quit thinking! Its bad for you! You do it too much, go complain somewhere else...

I have no caption. i just needed to say that. Please ignore me and continue with your caption contest...
Old 03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKuriboh View Post
That's, like, the worst caption ever.

Tristan doesn't even look like he's saying that.

Make it more yellingish.
Tristan: Must admit, not impressed with the winners/runners up. Even some of the furry jokes, despite the recycled rubbish was funnier.
Yugi: Make it more yellingish.
Tristan: I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE WINNERS!!! EVEN THE RUBBISH FURRY JOKES WERE FUNNIER!!!

Also, I apologise for not being gracious to the winners. I think Australian humour is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different to your British comedy.

Last edited by swordsaintscoot; 03-28-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: Trading cards are the fabric of life.

Yugi: Tristan are you okay?
Tristan: I STEPPED ON A NAIL OH GOD THE PAIN!
Old 03-28-2010

Default Not a Caption Contest Entry so ignore this

Quote:
Also, I apologise for not being gracious to the winners. I think Australian humour is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different to your British comedy.
Well the British have tea and crumpets while Australia has the Outback.
Old 03-28-2010

My response to you AbridgedHidan is this:
Tristan: I am secretly Australian.
Yugi: Oh, howza outback mate? Gunna fry meh ap some Kangaroo tanight?
Tristan: DON'T YOU STEREOTYPE ME!!!
Old 03-28-2010
Administrator

Quote:
It's cool, G. I appreciate that my sense of humour isn't the same as everybody else's. After all, I don't even really like comedy myself.
Old 03-28-2010

Location: On a mobile warship called the British Isles. Bet you thought it was a country, eh?
Blurb: I talk to myself a lot. Sometimes it's the only way to get intelligent conversation.

Surprise Buttsecks: Some people have worse reactions than others.

And yes, I know its not origional.
Old 03-28-2010

Quote:
My response to you AbridgedHidan is this:
Tristan: I am secretly Australian.
Yugi: Oh, howza outback mate? Gunna fry meh ap some Kangaroo tanight?
Tristan: DON'T YOU STEREOTYPE ME!!!
XD

That's more like it!

But in all seriousness, yeah, we all have different taste in comedy. Each place and person has their own style of doing things.
Old 03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKuriboh View Post
It's cool, G. I appreciate that my sense of humour isn't the same as everybody else's. After all, I don't even really like comedy myself.
Can I ask why you do it then? Sometimes you seem like the type that says that they aren't good at something, but secretly knows they are just so they get attention.

Seriously though, how can you not really like comedy, but be so involved with it? Even your Black Adder role is comedy.
Old 03-28-2010

Location: On a mobile warship called the British Isles. Bet you thought it was a country, eh?
Blurb: I talk to myself a lot. Sometimes it's the only way to get intelligent conversation.

Hancocks cameo in Yu Gi Oh suddenly took a turn for the worse when he shoved Joeys head up Tristains ass.

Or...

Tristain: PHOTOBOMB!

Last edited by DarthWario; 03-28-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2010

Yugi: Oh no. It appears that Tristan is unleashing the true power of the Dragon Slayer magic.

(credit goes to those who read or watch Fairy Tail.)
Old 03-28-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Can I ask why you do it then? Sometimes you seem like the type that says that they aren't good at something, but secretly knows they are just so they get attention.
I like to make people laugh. That's why I do it. Liking comedy, and liking the reaction I get out of people when I write it, are two different things.

Also, I never once said I wasn't good at this. I just said I don't like comedy.

Quote:
Seriously though, how can you not really like comedy, but be so involved with it? Even your Black Adder role is comedy.
Plenty of actors do stuff they can't stand. It's called acting. Not that I can't stand Blackadder - I do like comedy when it's done exceptionally well - but acting is acting. You do it. You don't sit there thinking "God, I'm funny!" while you're doing it. You're performing.

It's a pretty simple concept. The artist isn't doing it to entertain himself. Least I hope he isn't.
Old 03-28-2010

Default Third Entry

Old 03-28-2010

Yugi: Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time till one of us went batshit crazy on this show.

Or...

When Anime characters watch 2 Girls 1 Cup

Last edited by DarthWario; 03-28-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-28-2010

I can understand your ideas there LK. It's just foreign to me, putting effort in to something where you only like the end result. *Typical Selfish Guy* lol.

I don't understand why they wouldn't be doing it to entertain themselves. Isn't that the very essence for everything? If a person doesn't like acting, why would they do it to make others happy?

To me, the very motive of selflessness is selfish in itself. You're doing it because YOU LIKE to see others happy.

Also, I'm not dumping on you. I think it's great that you do things for others and not yourself.

I guess we're just very different people, I really can't understand the idea of doing something you don't enjoy.

An actor shouldn't act, if acting doesn't entertain them. If they like the reaction, but not the medium, maybe there's a more appropriate way to make people happy, that both parties can enjoy.

BTW LK. You have said you're not very funny before. :) I believe it was in someone elses youtube channel, and iirc, you were dressed in a pink dress or something. :3
Old 03-28-2010
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

Entry #1

Tristain: WHAT DO YOU MEAN MILLHOUSE IS NOT A MEME!!!!

Entry #2

Yugi: Nobody likes Tristain, especially when he's angry.
Old 03-28-2010
Administrator

Quote:
I don't understand why they wouldn't be doing it to entertain themselves. Isn't that the very essence for everything? If a person doesn't like acting, why would they do it to make others happy?
I didn't say they didn't like acting. I said they might not like comedy, or the movie itself, or the director. But they take the job because it's either something they believe is a challenge, or because they owe a favour, or for the money, etc. All kinds of reasons.

At the end of the day, I like acting. Blackadder is the only project my theatre group is working on. I want to act, so I auditioned for Blackadder. Even if I didn't like Blackadder, that seems fairly logical. It's the only project readily available to me.
Old 03-28-2010

For the Lulz

Numba 2

Last edited by Mastap14; 03-28-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-28-2010

Entry #1
Yami: It's your turn to take the bite, Yugi. I got the werewolf, you get the Vampiric Tristan.
Entry #2
"4Kids would do anything to kill Yugi, even if it means uncensored violence, language, guns, cigarettes, and yes, even showing Tristan without makeup."

I'll publish more entries as I come up with them.

Last edited by BeingAbridgedFan101; 03-28-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: My blurb gives me super strength
Send a message via AIM to RoZo

Entry #1:

Tristian: My voice made me a Twilight fangirl, I mean boy...

Entry #2:

Tristian took WAAAAY too many happy pills...
Old 03-28-2010

Yugi: He has the axe now? Wonderful. I need a distraction...
Ryou: Hey Yugi, whats going o-*tristain attacks Ryou*-OH BUGGER! IS THAT MY LIVER? OH GOD THATS MY LIVER!
Yugi: Well, that works.

Or...

Tristain seriously needs to go see a dentist. Either hes missing all his molars, or they're way too sharp to use without slashing the inside of his mouth every time he eats...no wonder he's so angry.

Last edited by DarthWario; 03-28-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-28-2010
TOOMAH

Blurb: Every Villain Is Lemons

Entry #1
Tristain, after reading twilight, decided to become a real vampire.

Entry #2
Tristain= Son of Count Dracula?

Entry #3
Tristain= Son of Count Chocula?

Entry #4
Tristain: Take that Joey! Your creepy chin has nothing on my scary face!

Entry #5
Tristain's reaction to hop-scotch being taken away.
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: "Would you kindly?"

This is the reaction Yugi got when he spoiled the new Harry Potter movie for Tristan.

or

Tristan just sat on a tack, as you can see it is very painful.
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: I'll show you Inadequate!

The crack was too awesome for Tristan, so awesome that now he thirsts for the blood of a midget.
Closed Thread