This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > News, Rules, and Announcements > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010
Administrator

Default Behold, Your Doom

And now I have something to show you that isn't a video. It's a comic. By me. And my good friend Bam.

PLUSHIE DOOM!

This started as an inkling of an idea back in 2008, when we were talking about creating an original concept that we could pitch and have out there as something that wasn't Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. A webcomic. SMELL THE ORIGINALITY!

But seriously, this thing is probably going to end up being my pride and joy. Not that I'm not proud of YGOTAS, but this is one hundred percent me. And Bam. The story and characters are me. Bam provides the gorgeous artwork. Brings the people and places to life.

We're intending to do this on a fairly regular basis. Three updates a week is what we're looking at right now, although I know from experience how difficult it can be to stick to schedules. Ahahaha. Yeah. Moving along.

Anyway, it's called Plushie Doom, and you should anticipate awesomeness. It'd give me great pleasure if, a year or two from now, someone at a convention came up to me and said "Man, Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged stinks, but that Plushie Doom thing is good stuff! Also, will you wear this Incredible Hulk mask?"

Maybe not the last part.
Old 05-24-2010

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04

Totally not the last part... An Iron Man mask is more in time at the moment
Old 05-24-2010

Blurb: Scar got de monies.
Send a message via MSN to FluffyFTW

I wonder why you've named your comic Plushie Doom.

The illustrations are brilliant. Can't wait to see more!
Old 05-24-2010

Blurb: Omae wa mo shindeiru

No alt text? awwwwwwww
Old 05-24-2010
Boss

You forgot the punchline. Or... maybe the bit before the punchline, what is that even called... Anyway, it's a few sandwiches short of a joke. Frankly, I'm not convinced you've fully grasped how to convert your humour from the spoken to the written word.

Not saying it won't be good, I'm well aware that I should wait until it gets going, especially if it's a plot driven kind of thing. I'm just compensating for the fact I'm going to have to sit here watching everyone comment on what an 'epic win' the emperor's new bell-bottoms are before he's even out the front door.

Looks nice enough for a webcomic, though. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2010
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underling View Post
You forgot the punchline. Or... maybe the bit before the punchline, what is that even called... Anyway, it's a few sandwiches short of a joke. Frankly, I'm not convinced you've fully grasped how to convert your humour from the spoken to the written word.

Not saying it won't be good, I'm well aware that I should wait until it gets going, especially if it's a plot driven kind of thing. I'm just compensating for the fact I'm going to have to sit here watching everyone comment on what an 'epic win' the emperor's new bell-bottoms are before he's even out the front door.

Looks nice enough for a webcomic, though. Good luck.
Seconded
Old 05-24-2010

Blurb: My English is bad, I know.

I like the art :)
Old 05-24-2010

Send a message via AIM to TitanAura

Looks like BAM has a lot to do now. ^_^ Though I miss her original DeviantArt account.
Old 05-24-2010
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

BAM is amazing.

This has potential. I don't love it yet, but maybe I will. :)
Old 05-24-2010

Blurb: ^Stupid
Send a message via AIM to scott.exe

Quote:
Also, will you wear this Incredible Hulk mask?"

Maybe not the last part.
Dang straight, Spiderman or gtfo.
Old 05-24-2010

Lk, i think that your comic strip is going to be great. There is only one strip out and i can already tell that it has amazing potential. And i know this is going to sound weird, and don't get me wrong because i am a true blue dire hard YGOTAS fan, but i think that its great that you are doing some other things. And btw really looking forward to season 3!!!
Old 05-26-2010

Blurb: Regularly giving fictional characters depth they don't deserve.
Send a message via MSN to Sunnylore

Already subscribed and can't wait to see more. Also, after reading the about me bit I'm tempted to try 'sunlighting' something... Hey if anyone is aptly named to attempt it it's me, right? Looking forward to more! <3
Old 05-26-2010

Blurb: Guh? Muh? Wuh? Zuh?!
Send a message via MSN to Seraphim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusRocks View Post
Seconded
Third...ed

Edit: Link to the second comic.

Last edited by Seraphim; 05-26-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2010
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

I liked the second one better. Gave me a smirk.

But that's because I'm a part-time secretary and I understand the annoyance that is people who come to the desk asking stupid questions. :P
Old 05-27-2010

The art style really is great. Very promising stuff so far.
Old 05-27-2010

Blurb: Eternally balancing well mannered and insane natures
Send a message via MSN to ggbhtg

It has great illustration, but the punchline for the 1st comic didn't have much of an impact to me since I've seen this situation before.

However, the 2nd comic was better, depending on how you contextualize it, so I have a good feeling that the issues to come will increase in quality.
Old 06-06-2010

Blurb: i make films with kroze.
Send a message via AIM to BryyMiller Send a message via MSN to BryyMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underling View Post
Frankly, I'm not convinced you've fully grasped how to convert your humour from the spoken to the written word.
... um, dude.... you do know that LK writes scripts to each episode, right? I mean, that's kinda how any show works.
Old 06-06-2010

Blurb: you can learn a lot about your loved one by her reaction when you tell her you're married

What I believe he ment is that to his opinion, while LK can make a lot of things sound funny, he is not that funny writer.

I disagree, not only because YGOTAS would still be funny without his crazy voices, but also on the account of that one fanfiction he posted ("tide" was the name, I think) it's obviouse that he has a great writing gift.

As for the comic, didn't liked it actually. maybe once the plot kicks in it will be funnier. I'm sticking with GGGUYS for now :P
Old 06-06-2010

I like both of them, but the second one was funnier in my opinion. Hopefully it gets even funnier when the plot kicks in!
Old 06-06-2010

Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.

The secretary reminds me of my friend, she tells me all types of story's of what happened at her job, good stuff. The art work is done well, love it. I would love to see more of this, since it gives me a smile ^.~
Old 06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryyMiller View Post
... um, dude.... you do know that LK writes scripts to each episode, right? I mean, that's kinda how any show works.
Bryy, that's written-to-spoken, not spoken-to-written. Complete opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRlol View Post
What I believe he ment is that to his opinion, while LK can make a lot of things sound funny, he is not that funny writer.

I disagree, not only because YGOTAS would still be funny without his crazy voices, but also on the account of that one fanfiction he posted ("tide" was the name, I think) it's obviouse that he has a great writing gift.

As for the comic, didn't liked it actually. maybe once the plot kicks in it will be funnier. I'm sticking with GGGUYS for now :P
His fan-fics tend to have drama as the main genre and humor second. Maybe, as an author, those genres are where he works best in.

Last edited by Seraphim; 06-06-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-08-2010

Quote:
... whut? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Bryy, that's written-to-spoken, not spoken-to-written. Complete opposite.
I'm sorry, but there is no such thing. You need to be a good writer in order to know how to use language in the context of voices.

Do you guys even realize that you are calling LK a bad writer? And by extension, you are calling YGO a bad series? I mean, do you get that?
Old 06-08-2010

Blurb: you can learn a lot about your loved one by her reaction when you tell her you're married

Quote:
Do you guys even realize that you are calling LK a bad writer? And by extension, you are calling YGO a bad series? I mean, do you get that?

I'm sorry, but there is no such thing. You need to be a good writer in order to know how to use language in the context of voices.

now you'v lost me.

You said that he can't convert his humour from the spoken to the written word.
what did you mean, if not that he isn't a funny writer (as in writing. duh.)

as for calling YGOTAS bad.. WTF? we both said that we think he is a GREAT writer (if you're reading this, LK, please ignor this ass-kissing, no need to boost your ego too much), so that remark makes no sense in its contex.
Old 06-09-2010

Quote:
Yes, along with an understanding of logic, comedy, drama, social behaviors, normal human speech, timing, proper flow of the plot, etc. Being a good writer in an aspect of media and certain genres require a list of criteria to consider. Just because he's good in one niche which requires certain criteria to succeed, doesn't he is good in ALL. Good at making a web-comic, he is not. Now, is the web-comic series is bad? That has yet to be seen.

No one, and I mean absolutely no one has even said that the YGOTAS series is bad. It does has it's low points, but I'm sure those are because of a lack of interest at the time, personal reasons, or maybe he couldn't think of a better joke at the time.

Also, do you realize that what you just rhetorically asked has little relation to the meaning of what was typed by either Underling or I? And by extension, sound like a condescending ass? Do you get that I can mimic?

Quote:
now you'v lost me.

You said that he can't convert his humour from the spoken to the written word.
what did you mean, if not that he isn't a funny writer (as in writing. duh.)

as for calling YGOTAS bad.. WTF? we both said that we think he is a GREAT writer (if you're reading this, LK, please ignor this ass-kissing, no need to boost your ego too much), so that remark makes no sense in its contex.
Drlol, my dear, you aren't helping anyone's argument, even your own.

Last edited by Seraphim; 06-09-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-09-2010
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

The art is good, but the humor is lacking a little.
I see potential, keep practicing, you'll get there.
Old 06-09-2010

He's up to #8.
Quote:
I'm going to be pretty intrigued by people's reactions to the comic over the next couple of weeks, as I'm finally getting to the point where some of the more important characters are showing up/the storyline's actually kicking off.
OK, it is plot driven. I'm still not sure if it is a comedy, because it's not funny.
Old 06-09-2010

It's some what funny.
I'm liking them more and more.
I wish they were longer so that the plot could progress faster.

P.S in retrospect, I agree about making no sense earlier.
Old 06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Yes, along with an understanding of logic, comedy, drama, social behaviors, normal human speech, timing, proper flow of the plot, etc. Being a good writer in an aspect of media and certain genres require a list of criteria to consider. Just because he's good in one niche which requires certain criteria to succeed, doesn't he is good in ALL. Good at making a web-comic, he is not. Now, is the web-comic series is bad? That has yet to be seen.
Look. I know what you're trying to say. I just wrote a play about this.

Writing an episodic webseries is literally no different from writing an episodic series. Both are scripts.

There is no difference. Instead of SCENE ONE, you have PANEL ONE.

So to be saying that LK's humor is better when read with wacky voices..... that's incredibly lame.

Quote:
No one, and I mean absolutely no one has even said that the YGOTAS series is bad.
I never said anyone did. I said they called LK a bad writer, and in turn that implies that the series he writes is bad.
Old 06-10-2010

But we did'nt say that, I said that I thought you ment to say that.
my bad.
Old 06-18-2010

Blurb: "Fred the Deacon is watching every unholy move you make."

Funny. xD Why is it called "Plushie Doom," though? o__0))
Closed Thread