This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Technical

Old 06-22-2010

Default Windows Installer, WINDOWS UPDATE and iTunes help - mega srs problem help plz kthnx!

So I want to download OS4 for my iPhone. To do that, I need to get the new iTunes, which I've been putting off for ages.

The problem is, when I try to install iTunes, it either doesn't even start and tells me there was an error with the QuickTime installation (which you apparently need for iTunes) or it loads all the way to the end stops, and gives me a huge long error message, before removing everything it's already installed.

Now, in the error message, I found "HRESULT: 0x800736FD". I googled that and it turns out that tons of people had the same problem. The main solution that worked was to install some Windows file, remove everything Apple related and then try again.

I couldn't install the Windows file. It froze at the end and then disappeared. So, I decided to just remove everything Apple related and install it all again. But I can't do that. When I tried to uninstall things, it came up with an error message saying "Another program is being installed". I checked the processes in Task Manager, including other users, no programs are being installed. When I googled THAT, lots of people had the same problem. They suggested THIS. Which also didn't work.
Now I've hit a dead-end and I NEED YOUR HELP AH

Because even if I work out why I can't uninstall programs, the re-installation of iTunes might still not work.

Last edited by niknnik; 06-22-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-22-2010

Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.

Well is your vista up to date? Seems like you're missing some important updates.
What i have read is if that doesn't work you should try reinstalling vista or get windows 7.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help you ;(
Old 06-22-2010

OK, so I'm now able to uninstall stuff properly, that link turned out to actually work. The iTunes still doesn't work though. Which is now an even bigger problem because I uninstalled the iTunes I already have.

There have been some updates which I need to get round to doing I suppose I might as well try them.

By the way, these are forums and help sites I've already looked at: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...RhPIjRGy4JDLmw
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...JT9HTAWpciNlyg
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...pRAVhUSY3RdlTA

And in case anyone's wondering, I'm using Vista, HP Pavilion, 2GB RAM, 32-bit, 1.73 GHz processor. Not that any of that really matters, apart from the Vista thing :V
Old 06-22-2010

I've got a serious problem now. I tried updating Windows (I don't even have a SP.. woops) up to SP2. It kept freezing on "downloading 1 update (0 KB total, 0% complete)". I googled this, found some solutions, none of them worked. Then suddenly Windows Update said there aren't any updates. I refreshed and it said it had encountered "error 80080005". Microsoft Support offers no help for this and upon googling, found nothing that worked. Now I'm screwed.
I suspect it is the lack of Service Pack 2 that's the reason why I can't install iTunes. But now I can't even update to SP2.
If anyone has ANY help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by niknnik; 06-22-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2010
Boss

>iTunes

Found your problem. You deserve everything you get.
Old 06-23-2010

>_>
Old 06-24-2010

Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.

I'm sorry nik, but i read that the error 80080005 is a well known error for vista thats been going on for years, known as a hijackware infestation 'only sometimes' Microsoft haven't fixed this problem for the vista, and doesn't seem they will. The best thing to do is reinstall vista again, and get all your updates before installing your other programs.

Or you can go pro like me and get windows 7 =)
Old 12-21-2011
TOOMAH

Blurb: Every Villain Is Lemons

Hmmm...