This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2011

Smile Hetalia

Who's your favorite character from APH and why?
Old 07-11-2011

Blurb: "Subete ga Barian sekai no tame ni"

Prussia because he's awesome.
Old 07-16-2011

Blurb: Card Games Are A Way Of Life~

Prussia and England Cx
Old 09-18-2011

Blurb: CURSES!! FOILED AGAIN!!!!!

i like Japan, Italy, and Prussia
Old 01-27-2012

Oh Hetalia, if ever a series did not fit under the seinen demograph, it was you.

I like Italia, Nihon, & Chuugoku, my friend Devon adores Roshia & Amerika.
Old 02-05-2012

Blurb: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!

England and Italy all the way!
Old 02-05-2012

Blurb: About a decade older than I look

I like Russia, because his evil(ish)ness makes me laugh, and England, because of his sarcasm, and America, because he's a lovable idiot.
Old 04-17-2012

Blurb: "I just love a good manhole!"

I love everyone so I CANNOT choose my absolute favorite but......

I adore Italy of course! PAAASTTTAAAAA~~!!!!!!!!!!! I love Germany and Prussia, and of course my Nordic boys! X3
(And the list goes on....)
Old 04-18-2012

Blurb: One does not silly walk into Mordor!

Prussia makes no sense and yet it's perfect. Historian problems. Prussia will always be my "wtf" state and Hetalia made it worse.
I have a seminar about "History and media" this semester but I'm not sure if I should ask my prof to do Hetalia. I mean shit I can't do it. It's so so... gay (literally). I guess I talk about movies about Napoleon. It's safer...
Old 04-18-2012

Blurb: Vince/Stuart = OTP!

I used to be torn between England and America, but since watching the World Series, my favourite has to be Prussia. I was so disappointed when I found out it was no longer a country, because the Prussia in Hetalia made me really want to live there.
Old 04-18-2012

*facepalm*

Let me tell you ... Prussia ... well I read somewhere a couple of days ago that "one does not silly walk into German history" and it seems that this is right. Prussia was indeed the strongest (military) state within the HRE, but I think it's a bit... annoying that only Prussia gets some screentime in Hetalia. Prussia was like Bavaria a kingdom in that time. It's not possible to speak from "Germany" before... before... let's face it... before 1919/1949. And we still haven't got a real unitary state like France. The 16 federal states are still very strong and self-governed.

However, in 1871 Prussia became the German Empire together with the other German states. Wilhelm was a Prussian (Hohenzollern), though. But the old kindom didn't exist anymore. Prussia became something like an ideal, you can say, because it had such a strong military under the Fredericks (father and son and by son I mean "the great") and most of the clichés about Germans are Prussian stereotypes, like being on time, being strong, being organized etc.
And well Hetalia Prussia is just... not like that. When I saw him the first time I had to smile, because I see him as a "dead idol" who lost his former glory. The "strong" Prussian eagle, the symbol of their kingdon, became a little yellow sparrow. But Prussia isn't really dead yet. Its idea is still present, at least here. So yeah, maybe one of the reasons why Hetalia Prussia isn't dead either.

And it would be more historical canon when Hetalia Prussia speaks French, because Frederick loved the French ideal and refused to talk German at court because he thought that German is the language for the mob. Mhm, Hetalia Prussia is a really strange transfiguration of a nearly "dead ideal"/person/state. Lol, now I would like to see more from Hetalia Prussia to compare and analyize his character with the real Prussian kingdom and its history. Might be an interesting topic for a short presentation.

But I know why I don't want to join the Hetalia fandom. I can laugh about it and I get every historical hint and I know what's just plain wrong when I see it, but most of the fans don't. And from the comments I read at tumblr etc. I realise that a lot of people think that there was Prussia and Germany... or Prussia and the HRE. It's not important for the future of this world to know that the HRE was a construct formed of more than 300 little and some bigger states and yeah one of those 300 was Prussia AND the Duchy of Austria. (With Napoleon the numbre of "states" shrinks to 45 and the HRE ends)

I could go on and explain the problems of the wars in the 1740's and 50's/60's ... but I won't...

And to live there... duh, as a woman it was maybe okay for that time, but I wouldn't recommend that if your incarnation was a man. The possibility that you die at the frontlines was really really high and no you hadn't got the chance to choose if you want to become a soldier. You were young and had good teeth... that was reason enough for the absolute monarchy to treat you like dirt. Frederick always thought that he's such a clerisy personality, but his state was nothing more than a military dictatorship, that's at least my personal opinion.
Old 04-18-2012

Blurb: The world is what you make of it.

Lithuania Because he is very strong [strong hearted], cute, awesome, and not so afraid of Russia as the other two. Plus he is very wise and more serious than German.

I Have other favorites but Lithuania is my all time Favorite so....Yeah!
Old 04-19-2012

I thought Lithauania is the brown haired guy who's very afraid of Russia and worries a lot about Poland?

I laughed my ass off when one of the Baltic nations mentioned that they're so different at all. Because it's so true. It has a historical reason for that. But that's another story.

However, my favourite is and will probably ever be (without any shipping stuff because I don't care) aph!Germany. XD Maybe because I see a lot of myself in him. Favourite episode is without a doubt the one with the Roman Empire (32). Personal favourite scene is when the Roman Empire starts to explain its history and Germany interrupts him and explain it with far more detail. That's so me... but I wouldn't have stopped at Cartago... and suddenly I would have mentioned that the Roman Empire was somehow reborn through the Holy Roman Empire (800/962) ... and that's the moment where I give RomanEmpireXHRE a historical basis to ship them. I call it "NostalgiaShipping". XD
Old 05-30-2013

Blurb: WHY SO BRITISH?

Russia...or Germany.
Old 06-25-2013

Location: Surrounded by Daleks, the TARDIS nowhere in sight. Help!
Blurb: If anyone's stealing the Pharaoh's leather pants, it's me!

Italy because he's so cute, funny, goofy, and adorable, I just wanna hug him! Russia is so psycotic, so he always makes me laugh. America is funny because he's a lovable idiot, and he also likes burgers like I do (and Yugi for that matter LOL), and not to mention that cute (although potty mouthed) alien friend with him. And I like how England and France always spar off. I love this show so much. Hey remember that con I mentioned I went to a couple weeks ago? Well there was this funny panal there put together by Hetalia cosplayers. It was called Hetalia Game Show Extravaganza! It was so funny! Me and Sis loved it. But we had to leave about in the middle of the Jeopardy game, so we didn't get to see it all in person, but we loved it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyZL-Se-4Os
Old 03-06-2014

Blurb: Blue Peeps Whitey Dragon Master

Canada is my favorite! He aways keeps on trying even though he doesn't get any respect from anybody. I mean, America even wears him as a hat ^^ And Italy is of course hilarious! But I think that Sweden and Finland should trade personalities. Finns are more scary, I mean they fought against Russia during WWII!