This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2013

When I was a kid, I had hoped I'd grow up to be older and also not dying of the poor.

It's working out pretty well so far.
Old 01-11-2013

Blurb: If I save time, when do I get it back?

As a kid I wanted to be an archaeologist. I thought history was pretty dam awesome and I enjoyed finding things once lost.
This was probably my dream job around middle school. All throughout school this is what I told everyone I wanted to do. Granted I believe the jackie Chan adventures had a huge deal to do with this strange career choice of mine.

High school rolls around and now i'm on to game design. I play video games, I love video games, so why not? I start doing research looking for good companies and I literally keep drawing blanks and coming back to devry university. 10th grade I call them up and they tell me a lot of good info. I look up some reviews online and I find it's an uncredited college. Which all my teachers told me to avoid so I slammed that door shut.

11th grade year comes around and i'm into law now. All my friends tell me how I debate so much and research so much. I'd make an amazing lawyer. So I start doing my research and when I graduate high school I start on my new found career path to law. I joined a cheap college to start and got a free ride. Everything was going fine and dandy until Litigation class-.- UGH. Writing down so much information in perfect format's and yada yada yada. I found myself hating this career once my professor gave me the skinny about the job.
Competitive market, Better school = better job's.
Better family = better job's.
No name = Work extremely hard over family's with daddy's reference.
So My professor let me tag along on his case trial. My job was to play the role of his paralegal. And I gotta tell you playing paralegal made me absolutely HATE this job. And he was telling me most no name lawyers start off as paralegals. If I did not enjoy the job the career was probably not for me.

So here I am now on my last year of my 4 years off from high school just trying to find the career path that I would enjoy. Part of my problem is my career has to have an impact on lives. Not on stomachs or entertainment. Like saving lives, helping people out, etc etc. the career has to make decent money. The career has to have a stable work force.

Sadly I have not found many therefore I am currently doing researching on how to own my own buisness. I have worked for self started small buisness millionares. So I figure I will leech as much information on how they did it and give myself my own job environment. It will be as stable as I keep it. I will most likely have to take a loss on helping people but I can always just do community service to make up for that.

So right now I am starting my 10 year buisness plan. By my birthday this year I plan to have a final copy of the master plan to have a buisness started in 10 years or less.
Old 01-15-2013
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

10 years ago, I was 13. I don't think that I even remember thinking about my future in that way. I probably had no idea what I was going to be doing in 10 years. I don't even think that I would have been working for my classmate's dad's company, lol.

But where do I see myself in 10 years? Since I know myself better, I think I can answer this question a little bit more accurately than I would have if I were asking myself this 10 years ago. :P

Since I am engaged now... I see myself being married with a few kids. Perhaps done with having children, but maybe pregnant with one or two more (at separate times, twins don't run on either side of the family lol). BananaGhost and I plan on 4-5 kids. I don't see any reason not to stick with that plan. If for whatever reason we can't have that many, we may adopt. But anyways, married with kids and working. The oldest kid would probably be 7 or 8. Maybe I'll have had the time to write a book, but maybe not. I don't see us having a lot of money but I see us having enough to get by and save a little.

Sounds mediocre, and maybe it is, at least on some days. But I believe that the purpose of life is to love, and if I am loving the people in my life at least mostly the way I should, then life isn't mediocre at all. And I don't think that anyone's life is ever normal. There is only so much that I can plan for the future. I can't control the actions of anyone else. May as well take what comes to me.
Old 07-12-2020

Well, I guess I only have to wait 3 more years to find out.

As expected, I have managed to both become older, and not die of the poor.
Old 09-04-2021

Blurb: "Quit saving the world and get a hobby!"

10 years ago when I was active on this site I was making YGO AMVs to angsty songs, now I work in video editing and motion graphics. Thanks yugioh!
Old 01-09-2022
Lemon Stealing Whore

Well-Drawn Evangelion Yaoi Posted: 4,413
Fucks Given: -1

I expect to be locked inside quarantine from CORONAVIRUS in 10 years.