This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions

Old 09-18-2012

Default Creative Morality

This topic is about the morality of creating works, in any medium, with discriminatory connotations. This includes artwork, film and literature, among other mediums, that proclaim, in whole or in part, messages of a racist, sexist or religiously discriminatory nature.

A prime example of this would be the recent turmoil over the anti-Mohammed film. It has caused no small amount of riots and violence in several countries.

This topic is not meant to be limited solely to aforementioned current event, but it does provide quite a good context for the discussion. The topic is, again, meant to apply to discriminatory works in general and the morality or lack thereof in the creation of them.

Should these works be allowed to be created? Does freedom of expression extend so far as to allow their existence? When does liberty have to take a backseat to practicality?

Old 12-30-2016

...Wait...
Old 12-30-2016
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

I don't even remember the controversy that spawned this thread.
Old 12-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
I don't even remember the controversy that spawned this thread.
I'm pretty sure I made the whole thing up, to be honest.
Old 01-15-2017

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

Do you mean to tell me that you lied to me, to all of us, for a little over three years?

You bastard. I'll bet sign ups were never even open, were they?
Old 01-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir502 View Post
Do you mean to tell me that you lied to me, to all of us, for a little over three years?

You bastard. I'll bet sign ups were never even open, were they?
Oh, no, not at all.

It was for much longer than three years.