This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010
Rides Kaiba

Blurb: Duct tape his mouth shut and you can have a nice trophy husb
Send a message via MSN to AllisonWalker
Default Question of morality

Here's the story: So you're walking home from school/work one day when you come to a set of trolley tracks that split into two ways. You see a huge car coming down the road and people are on the tracks at both split one and split two. Split one has three people laying in the way, while split two only has one. There's a lever right infront of you if you wanted to change the tracks... so, what would you do? There's not enough time for the people to get out of the way, so yelling at them isn't an option.
Old 09-17-2010

Marshmallow

Neither just let whatever's gonna happen happen Don't need that murder stink on my conscience
Old 09-17-2010

Blurb: Scar got de monies.
Send a message via MSN to FluffyFTW

Personally, I wouldn't be able to use the lever.

I'd bravely attempt to stop the car, before it drives down either tracks.
Old 09-17-2010

Marshmallow

Actually I would pull the lever and grab the one person and throw him with the three so that way its fair...

NO-ONE GETS SPECIAL TREATMENT
Old 09-17-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

I would go, these poeple are clearly all morons for deciding to lay on a traintrack and all deverse to die, then I would walk off, while wondering why this question appeared again, when already been answered in another thread <_< >_>

http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...ead.php?t=6066
Old 09-17-2010
Rides Kaiba

That was several months ago, Fared. Don't be a jerk about it.
Old 09-17-2010

Blurb: Still too lazy to do anything
Send a message via MSN to Anreyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
I would go, these poeple are clearly all morons for deciding to lay on a traintrack and all deverse to die, then I would walk off, while wondering why this question appeared again, when already been answered in another thread <_< >_>

http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...ead.php?t=6066
You know, I probably wouldn't say they deserve to die, but they.. probably do deserve it for being idiots and lying in railroad tracks. On a more serious note, I honestly don't think I'd be able to touch the switch, I'd probably just walk away. I'd feel worse knowing that I sort-of-kind-of directly killed someone than if I knew the people were killed and I did nothing about it and had nothing to do with it. People die every day, shit happens, and I'm not a superhero, it's not my job to save them.
Old 09-17-2010
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anreyla View Post
You know, I probably wouldn't say they deserve to die, but they.. probably do deserve it for being idiots and lying in railroad tracks. On a more serious note, I honestly don't think I'd be able to touch the switch, I'd probably just walk away. I'd feel worse knowing that I sort-of-kind-of directly killed someone than if I knew the people were killed and I did nothing about it and had nothing to do with it. People die every day, shit happens, and I'm not a superhero, it's not my job to save them.
the reason I gave a joke answer is because another joke question, the problem is that Allison has clearly asked this with the intent of it being given a structyred and thoughtout response, however the problem is that there is no logical and thoughtout answer to this question because of many reasons, but main truth is, that if anyone ever found themselves in this situration, then no one actually knows how they would act, its same as any fright of flight situration, some run, some stand and act, no one and i mean no one, knows what they will do, till they do it, because all this thoughts we are having right now about what logically, morally or socially makes a better answer won't come into it, when we find ourselves in such situration, all that will come into our head is the word shitttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!! and our bodies will do rest for us.

-However that being said, I did already put a logic based answer to this question in Zairaks thread and in there explained is no answer because no question ether, however cannot be bothered to write it again, so if interested, it there
Old 09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
the reason I gave a joke answer is because another joke question, the problem is that Allison has clearly asked this with the intent of it being given a structyred and thoughtout response, however the problem is that there is no logical and thoughtout answer to this question because of many reasons, but main truth is, that if anyone ever found themselves in this situration, then no one actually knows how they would act, its same as any fright of flight situration, some run, some stand and act, no one and i mean no one, knows what they will do, till they do it, because all this thoughts we are having right now about what logically, morally or socially makes a better answer won't come into it, when we find ourselves in such situration, all that will come into our head is the word shitttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!! and our bodies will do rest for us.
That's very true, it's like when someone gets run over by a car and everyone's saying "why didn't he move, he saw it, but he just stood there!", the mind kind of comes to a grinding halt in those types of situations. Looking at it with a clean mind, and knowing myself as well as I do, I think I'd probably just walk away, though who knows, when that adrenaline starts pumping, you don't really know what you're going to do.

Though I suppose she's not asking a complete end all, be all answer, 100% this is what you would do, just what you think you'd do.
Old 09-17-2010

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

Stand there with one finger up and my mouth open as if I'm about to say something as the train chugs by. Because If I don't have time to yell, I don't have time to pull on a f*cking lever either.
Old 09-17-2010
Chumba Wumba

well your probably right, I have probably completely over analysed the question itself, but seeing as this is a topic on morals (or that is what the title alludes to anyway) then it has a pretty lucid basis from the start and in my opinion, this means that need to have pretty sound idea of what is being asked before even think about answering it, because this means we have nothing besides the question to base our structured answer upon, and so why I went into point of the question

PS Allison, just so know, I was only joking in my first answer, though if I was being jerk, then guess means not much i can do about it as naturally a jerk ^_^
Old 09-17-2010
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

I would do nothing as these people are clearly trying to commit suicide.

Also, these hypothetical questions are not as thought provoking as you might think.
Old 09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOcean View Post
Stand there with one finger up and my mouth open as if I'm about to say something as the train chugs by. Because If I don't have time to yell, I don't have time to pull on a f*cking lever either.
Hahaha, indeed. (And I do agree with killshot in a way, it wasn't too hard to come to a conclusion to this. Sure, I'd feel bad if I let the people die, but I'd feel worse if I had to pick. Plus.. Those people must be blind. And deaf.)

Last edited by Anreyla; 09-17-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2010

I'd watch as some people get smooshed, then shrug and move on with my life.
It's not my fault they're lying on the tracks.
Old 09-17-2010
Rides Kaiba

Story change: the man on track two is a repairman.
Old 09-18-2010

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonWalker View Post
Story change: the man on track two is a repairman.
That's easy then, he can save them. He should know when the trains are coming if he's working on the tracks, it shouldn't be too hard for him to shoo the silly people off the tracks before the train even gets to the point where there's nothing anyone can do.

Then I bring a thermos of tea and we drink to another succesful rescue.
Old 09-18-2010

Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonWalker View Post
Here's the story: So you're walking home from school/work one day when you come to a set of trolley tracks that split into two ways. You see a huge car coming down the road and people are on the tracks at both split one and split two. Split one has three people laying in the way, while split two only has one. There's a lever right infront of you if you wanted to change the tracks... so, what would you do? There's not enough time for the people to get out of the way, so yelling at them isn't an option.
Easy,...Ahem, that very day i was outside with my rocket launcher, doing practice shots when one of my rockets went berserk and hit the train pushing it off it's rails and putting it to a halt. The train's conductor was fine since he got out of the train fine with his crew. But he was not in a happy mood with me, and my rocket launcher. He started cursing at me, shaking his fist in the air "What is a idiot like you doing with a rocket launcher?!" The repair man was right beside him shaking his tool in the air "fucking idiot!" It seems i'm a idiot to them. The people on railroad was pissed off at me too, seems they was waiting for the train so they can flatten a coin...
Old 09-18-2010

Blurb: In Eternal God-Mode

My response, without looking at anyone else's to ensue it's just me in the raw, would be to attempt to warn them or push someone out of the way. I couldn't sit there with myself and the overwhelming power of life and death and try to play god: choose who lives and who doesn't. And I certainly couldn't sit back and do nothing either.
Old 09-22-2010

Blurb: I will crossdress for tequila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
I would do nothing as these people are clearly trying to commit suicide.

Also, these hypothetical questions are not as thought provoking as you might think.
This exactly.
Old 09-22-2010
Rides Kaiba

You guys are no fun at all.
Old 09-22-2010
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

FAIL QUESTION WAS FAIL

THEREFORE LOCK'D

[ Basically this thread went so far downhill, so quickly that it has ceased to be useful >_> ]
Closed Thread