This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2009

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

well thank you apple for defeding me and thank you fared for clearing it up:)
since this topic is actually on whether creationism should be taught in public schools i say Not as a science it shouldn't so i agree with you all there. I do not think it is right to not teach it at all in schools under a different subject.

After all the western world claims to still be a christian nation
"God save the queen" England's national anthem
"America, god shed his grace on thee" and in "god we trust" American anthem and slogan, well it was the anthem before star spangled banner
God defend NZ is another one
We are still a christian bout of countries whether you admit it or not
GOD still play a part in western nation society

just listen to former presidents and prime ministers
Henry VIII declared himself DEFENDER OF THE FATIH
we gont there though lol

no one can dispute that

so why would it make any sense scrubbing creationism from a country or countries that still claim to be christian and god trusting?
Old 04-25-2009

Blurb: If I save time, when do I get it back?

I skimmed and read a bit here and there and got caught up with this whole conversation.
I believe America should teach it.
Mai already stated america is a country founded and supposed to be based on "christian" soil.

I believe creation should be taught in schools because to just say its a theory is not good enough. evolution is only a theory and yet I had to listen to it for a whole 2 weeks in school just to learn its not proven. Then the big bang theory which is once again only a theory and one that isent a complete one at that. Theres still x variables in it.
To say religion and science dont go together is ignorance.
If anyone keeps up with the discovery channel or sciences LATEST discoveries you would see that scientist study the bible just like any other theory. They study to see "well if GOD is real and the bible says this happend......did it really happen?"
And the birth of Jesus. There was a movie recently released on science and religion. Expelled.
Quote:
Funny, serious, and one other element to it. Though I wanted to watch it I diddent get the chance. If anyone did watch it PM me about it T_T
Heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCxbhGaVfE

The main protagonist was basically talking about how a lot of scientist are ridiculed for trying to question darwinism because proof leads to the fact that humans were made by intelligent design. They are made jokes and revoked sometimes.

Watch the preview of the movie. It had me hooked and Im still determined to watch.
Why the fear of creationism??? ^_~
Old 04-25-2009

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Oshro View Post
Why the fear of creationism??? ^_~
Did you even read my post on the Wedge document?

That post is to this thread what the nuclear bomb was to WWII.
Old 04-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMind View Post
Did you even read my post on the Wedge document?

That post is to this thread what the nuclear bomb was to WWII.
I told ya I skimmed *sigh*
Ill go back and look for it
*walks away dragging feet on the ground*
Old 04-25-2009

so yet again this debate comes down to America, and if intelligent design should be taught in american schools? *sigh* there is a world outside of the america's

Anyway over mind cannot dispute that america along with the majority of the western world is still a god based nation
Old 04-25-2009

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisetofan View Post
Anyway over mind cannot dispute that america along with the majority of the western world is still a god based nation
America can believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster or even an Invisible Pink Unicorn for all I care. I have no qualms whatsoever, just as long as they keep that in the private realm of their homes or churches.

Society should be secular. If it ain't broken, why fix it?
Old 04-25-2009

*breathing deeply trying to not lose cool after reading the hyprocritical article*

Quote:
Science is the concerted human effort to understand, or to understand better, the history of the natural world and how the natural world works, with observable physical evidence as the basis of that understanding1. It is done through observation of natural phenomena, and/or through experimentation that tries to simulate natural processes under controlled conditions.
Religion claims to have a peice of the natural worls. Science's job is to study that history wether they like it or not hahaha. Its their job.
Science doesent say we study everything except religion. They try to better grasp concepts of the world. So for them to study creationism and then not want to teach about it why is that?

Were still back to point A
Science is hiding something.
There running out of theorys and ideas.
It's only a matter of time.
There getting the people to question less and accept more.
Old 04-25-2009

Quote:
Were still back to point A
Science is hiding something.
There running out of theorys and ideas.
It's only a matter of time.
There getting the people to question less and accept more.
Tehehehe so true
Old 04-26-2009
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
After all the western world claims to still be a christian nation
"God save the queen" England's national anthem
"America, god shed his grace on thee" and in "god we trust" American anthem and slogan, well it was the anthem before star spangled banner
God defend NZ is another one
We are still a christian bout of countries whether you admit it or not
GOD still play a part in western nation society

just listen to former presidents and prime ministers
Henry VIII declared himself DEFENDER OF THE FATIH
we gont there though lol

no one can dispute that
Quote:
Mai already stated america is a country founded and supposed to be based on "christian" soil.
Ish, please tell me I have misread this, your actually saying that USA soil is land of God, as long before Christians ever got their, the red Indians had their own religions and if your saying the mordern state of USA, then yes it was foundered by very religious group, does that mean it is not allow to change, that group was also White Supremacists, but expect your glad that idea has long sense been removed:-

Mai the western world has long sense move away from Christian beliefs as its core:-

-90% (not real state) of english people hate our national anthem, and want it changed as it is so clearly out of date

-Bush may have believed he was acting under will of god, but believe most Americans and most poeple in general wish he hadn't, of course when people make mistakes, it human, when succuss, it is god acting through them <erm> (lot of other presidents said they were acting under will of god, doesn't mean they did godly things)

-Tony Blair changed his religion to CoE, not to be more religious, just because had to be prime minster

-As for good old Henry, well that is hardly needed in a talk about modern age, however he admitted he broke away from Catholic Church, in order to gain fame and power, not on religious grounds,

Finally just because a country claims to be of one religion, doesn't mean we all are, only 12% still go to church in england, (that is including all religions,)

Quote:
I believe creation should be taught in schools because to just say its a theory is not good enough. evolution is only a theory and yet I had to listen to it for a whole 2 weeks in school just to learn its not proven. Then the big bang theory which is once again only a theory and one that isent a complete one at that. Theres still x variables in it.
If anyone keeps up with the discovery channel or sciences LATEST discoveries you would see that scientist study the bible just like any other theory. They study to see "well if GOD is real and the bible says this happend......did it really happen?"
And the birth of Jesus. There was a movie recently released on science and religion. Expelled.
No, they are not theories, they are hypothesis's which have some evidence to back them up, creationism is a story, which has been proven, cannot be truth, but can be in religious class. However intelligence deigsn cannot be in schools...... some of these, makes earth only 2000 years old, now maybe I am putting to much faith in world here, but seems strange that there are hundreds of societies in world, many non western or Christian and they too seem to believe the world is older than 2000 and their pasts go back further than this, so it would be pretty impressive group, that manged to trick us all into believing in this past, (not saying everything learn in history is right, hell the Anglo Saxon invasion never happened,) but this is going very far

Now I am not saying it should be illegal, creationism cannot be a school science, but it can be in religious classes, however intelligence degisn is something, you can learn yourself, but not a classroom of any sort, as it is 99.9999999999% provable as WRONG

Quote:
Well clearly, the scientific world is ignorant then:-

Quote:
The U.S. National Academy of Sciences has stated that "creationism, intelligent design, and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life or of species are not science because they are not testable by the methods of science."[17] T
Religion and science cannot go together as they look at two different things, like I have said more than once, what you are on about is historical science and mythological science which are different, both need studying, even if seems silly yes, but they are different fields.

Historical science is History, basically, and yes historians have to look at whether Jesus lived, I mean cannot, not do this, and some believe may have been a man of this type, whether was really son of god or not is hard to say, but evidence shows, was a man who made some trouble at this time

mythological science is merely looking at myths, magic.....etc and trying to see why we have/do believe in them and if evidence to them,

however neither of these these are physical fact based sciences, like soicalogy, they are science but they are far more subjective science and go more on opinion, as what look at, is from hard to impossible to prove

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 04-26-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-26-2009

Quote:

Religion and science cannot go together as they look at two different things, like I have said more than once, what you are on about is historical science and mythological science which are different, both need studying, even if seems silly yes, but they are different fields.

Historical science is History, basically, and yes historians have to look at whether Jesus lived, I mean cannot, not do this, and some believe may have been a man of this type, whether was really son of god or not is hard to say, but evidence shows, was a man who made some trouble at this time

mythological science is merely looking at myths, magic.....etc and trying to see why we have/do believe in them and if evidence to them,
Well no arguing with that logic ^_^
If thats the way science sees it then it's right to not teach it in "science class".

Though if its only a story.........how about literature lolz
Old 04-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMind View Post
America can believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster or even an Invisible Pink Unicorn for all I care. I have no qualms whatsoever, just as long as they keep that in the private realm of their homes or churches.

Society should be secular. If it ain't broken, why fix it?
well you are a communist and as an evil council member we do wish to destroy you LOL that damn group you created