This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: feminism your view
we do not need to be feminist, the world is equal 11 36.67%
call me whatever you like, its just a word and i am proud of who i am 6 20.00%
feminism is stupid 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2009

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyShadow View Post
My father handles all financial obligations. >:V

I can see it now. You're going to blame him for what you believe to be my sexism. Don't even go there.

Not this again. You can't really judge whether women or men are smarter because, despite average statistics, there will always be one man smarter than one woman and there will always be one woman smarter than that, and there will always be one man smarter than that. It'll end with the smartest human in the world, and by that time, it'll be so miniscule a victory that no one will care.
actually i was not going to blame your father for anything, but thanks for the personal attack based on assumption

okay so you want me to show you the statistics and then you disagree with them when i do show you, i cannot win with you people
Old 05-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
Feminism is sexist and is one of the major causes to high divorce rates and lower childbirth rates.
woah, if i am to be flamed for not having decent citations to back up my arguments then surely this brash and undocumented statement should surely need to be cited or is it a different case because its about anti feminism and thats okay?
Old 05-09-2009

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisetofan View Post
actually i was not going to blame your father for anything, but thanks for the personal attack based on assumption

okay so you want me to show you the statistics and then you disagree with them when i do show you, i cannot win with you people
You people? Sexism at its finest.
Old 05-09-2009

Blurb: ...and shoot that old lady

Feminism isn't being sexist, it is simply arguing against discrimination against women, just as arguing against discrimination against men is masculism. It's only sexist if you are trying to balance something in favour for your sex.
Old 05-09-2009

thank you admiral, see he gets it and shock horror he is male
are you all gonna flame me now?
Old 05-09-2009

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAwesome View Post
Feminism isn't being sexist, it is simply arguing against discrimination against women, just as arguing against discrimination against men is masculism. It's only sexist if you are trying to balance something in favour for your sex.
Yes, and I've met several feminists that try to do that. Like the one I've been arguing with. I only want equality. She seems to want a bit more than that.

It's not a flame if it's a fact. You're treating him worse because he's male than if he were female. You seem to have been nicer to every single female that has even slightly disagreed with you, yet with every single man, you have treated us like garbage if we don't bow down and lick your boot.
Old 05-09-2009
Banned

Feminism is also pure hypocrisy at its best. Feminists preach equality but then bitch when I don't open the door for them. It's either equality or chivalry, pick one and be happy with it.

Remember the 50's when women knew their roles? Divorce rates were low and everyone was happy.

Sorry for being politically incorrect, but feminism is bullshit.
Old 05-09-2009

She does not, and again you are victimizing me and you had the nerve to say i was making personal attacks at you. i meant you people as in you and a couple of other users who feel this way.

oh you know me do you? as a hardcore feminist who wants the world to tilt in favor of my sex? you do not know me, i do not know you only what you type and the same with you and from what i type you have misconstrued what i wanted this thread to be about as i thought alot of people in the modern world were not so sexist anymore

Quote:
Remember the 50's when women knew their roles? Divorce rates were low and everyone was happy.
OH NO you did not, and you say i am being sexist?
women knew their roles?????? are you freaking serious
Old 05-09-2009

Quote:
woah, if i am to be flamed for not having decent citations to back up my arguments then surely this brash and undocumented statement should surely need to be cited or is it a different case because its about anti feminism and thats okay?
No one is flaming you. :(
The point of the citations is to prevent this thread from degrading into a name-calling forum.
Old 05-09-2009

so you admit you are a chauvinist?
if you honestly believe that women knew their place in the 1950's where racism was rampant, men could cheat and beat their wives and no one said anything and the illusion that all was perfect was a big fat lie

My parents were kids in the 50's but in england thank god, not as bad as the chauvinism in the states which i assume you are from, republican too i imagine

Gay men also tend to be alot more open to womens rights as they know what it feels like to be treated as second rate and in some cases, worse than that. I have known alot of gay men and all of them hate the idealistic chauvinist man with a passion because not only do they see women as second to them, they also hate homosexuality

another reason i am glad i live in N.Z
two female prime ministers and equal pay for any race

Last edited by maisetofan; 05-09-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2009

it is if the woman does not want to stay at home
furthermore calling me a stupid bitch can have you banned
but i guess you do not care who's feelings you hurt

you also said feminazi :V

lol the gay people on the site are just gonna love you
"you are hoot thats what you are"

Last edited by maisetofan; 05-09-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2009

Quote:
OH NO you did not, and you say i am being sexist?
women knew their roles?????? are you freaking serious
lol, he is just trying to wind you up

I have to say I like feminism as little as the next guy but somebody has to do it, I suppose. Although, my beef with feminists is that they are quite often very rude individuals who tend to categorize all men as chauvinists. I myself, I would like to think, am a fairly mild mannered person, but when someone comes up and is incredibly rude to me because I am male gets me rather angry, and no matter how I argue with her, I am always the bad guy because she is the one being discriminated against.

The thing about the employment is that in NZ there are far more Women than there are men, yet women are 40% less likely to be employed, eventhough surely the majority of employers should be women. So men are not totally to blame for the discrimination against women. I have no idea why this is the case though.
Old 05-09-2009

i agree with you and i would never EVER approach a male and be angry at him for being so, i like to treat people as people, its their personality and IF they start ranting on about a womans place and how great the 50's and times of oppression were etc then i get upset with them, i do not think all males are like this, heck in NZ the majority of men i know are not like that at all unless they are joking to wind you up cuz friends tend to push each others buttons
Old 05-09-2009

HAHA rebbie that wins totally

TROLL lolz
Old 05-09-2009

lol, you would implode if you met one of my friends. He is the most sexist thing in existance. Everything that comes out of his mouth is an insult. If he is talking to a girl, it's: "Bitches ain't Shit" or "that girl needs to take a dick" excuse the language, and if he is talking to a guy its: "whats wrong? Your vagina must be bleeding" and "your ovaries are showing" etc. Im actually surprised he has any friends. Although the fact that he says this sort of stuff all the time, tends to let people know its a joke.
Old 05-10-2009

well there is sexism and then there is chauvinism, i mean as charming as your friend sounds :/ i think if he talks about sex a lot and refers to a girl as needing to get laid its not really that bad if he means it as a joke, i mean heck being lusted after is in some ways an affirmation, a little uncomfortable if one goes too far, whether male or female but the odd whistling and toot of a horn is very affirming to a lot of girls, my cousin loves it when a guy whistles or comments on her nice ass or whatever.

I could be wrong but i do not see that as actual sexism, i mean comments make you feel attractive but when one talks about a woman or a person of ethnic race in a way that makes them sound they are of weakness or second rate status then that offends me.

if he rants on about how men are girly if they show their emotions, grow their hair, help out around the house then yeah il be pissed off cuz why should a man also not be free to show off his more feminine side if he has one instead of pretending it does not exist, then again i love the sensitive guys who dream alot and write and tend to be artsy and of whom the chauvinists would refer to as pansies and its that type of ignorance that offends me and i think it would offend the male in question too, i mean is a man allowed to be a nurse without being criticized? lol meet the parents reminded me of that

bottom line

a man talking sexually about a woman, saying he would like to do her, well so what really? its flattering in some cases BUT a man or woman who disses another guy for being what they consider Girly, thats ignorant sexism
Old 05-10-2009
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

Aerodynamic you are being warned. Next flame or trolling remark is going to get you a one-way ticket out of here.

Please be respectful to other users no matter how much you disagree with their views.
Old 05-10-2009

yays thank you dark
Old 05-10-2009
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
There's nothing chauvinist about expecting women to be the housewife and men going to work. If anything, women have a much more important job, so it's hardly belittling.
Actually, even though Aerodynamic is trolling, I agree with this bit, so long as men know that women can work if they want.

I know I wouldn't mind being a housewife. Despite what feminazi's claim, there's absolutely nothing degrading or sexist about wanting to be a stay-at-home mother.

In my Literature Theory class last fall, we were required to write an 8-page paper intertwining one subject of literary theory into your thesis. One day was assigned to people who volunteered to have their papers critiqued by the whole class. One girl wrote a paper using Feminist Theory.

One thing to understand about Feminist Theory is that you can make it however you want it to be. You don't have to be a feminazi or whatever to think through a feminist standpoint. You don't even have to agree with famous feminists in order to write a paper through a feminist standpoint.

However, the girl who wrote this paper constantly made references to the fact that she was a feminist, but she never gave her own ideas on the subject; rather, she just quoted some famous feminists without ever giving her own personal opinion on what was said. The part of her paper that struck me the most -- enough for me to remember after 6 months -- was a comment that said something like, "Nowadays women shouldn't dare be like the docile June Cleaver." For those of you who don't know, June Cleaver is a stereotypical housewife from the 50's TV show "Leave It to Beaver."

So I wrote on her paper, "Really? Do you really think that there's something wrong with being a housewife? More power to women who choose that lifestyle. Only a true feminist would understand that."

So nope, nothing wrong with being a housewife. Nothing wrong with working a job or going to school or anything like that either. Just be sure that you spend enough time with your children, if you have any.
Old 05-10-2009

no theres nothing wrong with a woman staying at home raising a family at all, as long as she is loved and supported by her husband, and it should be both couples choice of who stays home, a woman should not be forced to, this is what i am saying

personally i would love to be a stay at home mother, with only one child though lol but still
Old 05-10-2009

My question is why do you insist on talking about sexism in terms of American versus other parts of the world? Have you ever lived in the US?
Old 05-10-2009

i do not ever plan to but i know of people who have and who have experienced these things that is all
Old 05-10-2009
Banned

Quote:
Aerodynamic is trolling,
I'm not trolling. I'm stating facts.
Old 05-10-2009

sexist facts of your own opinion
Old 05-10-2009
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

@ Aerodynamic: That may be so, but you also had many somewhat mean-spirited comments as well as some heavy flaming.

@ maisetofan: Don't start more arguments. Please stay on topic.
Old 05-10-2009
Banned

Quote:
sexist facts of your own opinion
They're hardly sexist. If anything, you're the sexist by supporting a collectivist social movement funded by the Rockefellers that enslaves men, tear families apart, and disrupt social order.

Quote:
That may be so, but you also had many somewhat mean-spirited comments as well as some heavy flaming.
It's hardly flaming. I don't tolerate idiocy.

Last edited by Aerodynamic; 05-10-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2009

Quote:
They're hardly sexist. If anything, you're the sexist by suporting a social movement funded by the Rockefellers that treat men like dog feces and tear families apart.
*sigh* i am not a feminist, if i were i would not desire to stay at home with a baby, i am also a big fan of chivalry and i believe men need to treat women with respect as they would with a male companion and vice versa

@dark
i will not start any more arguments, promise :)
Old 05-10-2009

Quote:
i do not ever plan to but i know of people who have and who have experienced these things that is all
Then it's not fair of you to make comments about American men or American life. Forming opinions based on other people's opinions is dangerous territory.
Old 05-10-2009

k well anyway i have moved on from that conversation
Old 05-10-2009
Banned

Quote:
*sigh* i am not a feminist, if i were i would not desire to stay at home with a baby, i am also a big fan of chivalry and i believe men need to treat women with respect as they would with a male companion and vice versa

@dark
No, the topic is clearly about feminism.

Quote:

@dark
Quote:
oh you know me do you? as a hardcore feminist who wants the world to tilt in favor of my sex? you do not know me, i do not know you only what you type and the same with you and from what i type you have misconstrued what i wanted this thread to be about as i thought alot of people in the modern world were not so sexist anymore
Trying to cover things up now that I've exposed you as a tool?

Last edited by Aerodynamic; 05-10-2009 at 12:26 AM.