This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007

"Why did they have to cancel it?"

Your tears may not activate any special abilities, but everyone has had a favorite show or two that was unjustly canceled, and even years later you're probably still upset about it.

My favorite show that died too early would have to be The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. I mean - an hour-long comedy/western/sci-fi starring Bruce Campbell as a Bounty Hunter Lawyer, trying to track down the villainous gang that killed his father while trying to discover the secrets of the mysterious "orb" made for the greatest year(s) of my childhood. Brisco catches a runaway train by riding a rocket. I mean, seriously, how could anyone NOT love this show?

Also, Dead Like Me. (Inigo Montoya will take your soul!!)

What shows do you miss that were unjustly canceled? This doesn't include shows that come to a reasonable conclusion and are ended by the writers and not the companies, so things like Friends don't count.[/s]
Old 07-16-2007

Invader Zim never got a fair chance, IT WAS SO FUNNY!
Old 07-16-2007

The only thing I liked in Invader Zim was Grr...
Old 07-16-2007

I wish they didn't cancel My Family. It's the only British Comedy that I found really funny
Old 07-16-2007

Send a message via AIM to Yoshi8710

Futurama!!!!
i cried when it was cancled!

but then futurama turned into jesus!!!

it is being resurected
bwahahaha
Old 07-16-2007
Banned

Well I usually don't watch shows like this, but that show on Fox called Drive got unjustly canceled in only 3 or so episodes.
And definitely Futurama and Invader Zim.
Old 07-16-2007

Blurb: Perfecting my finger pyramid of evil contemplation.
Send a message via AIM to FearLuna

The names Gir. I know alot about that show.
Supernatural my Fav. though
Old 07-16-2007

Invader Zim
Blade:The Series
Over There
Platinum
Titus
Old 07-16-2007

Send a message via AIM to Yoshi8710

oh another show that was cancled...

STELLA!!!

i loved that show, it only had ten eps. but they were great
i died inside.
Old 07-16-2007

Firefly (Someone had to say it.)
Miracles
Invader Zim
Big Wolf on Campus (At least I think that got canceled.)
Old 07-16-2007

Firefly, Invader Zim, and Rocko's Modern Life. I shall miss thee.
Old 07-17-2007

I hated it when Miracles was canceled. And Veritas: The Quest, that was on around the same time...
8 Simple Rules I loved, but then John Ritter died (RIP)
And of course, Firefly.
Old 07-17-2007

Angel, only because it was canceled prematurely. It did get a nice 5 season run though.

Also, Firefly. The holy grail of all canceled shows.

Arrested Development is another that should not have been canceled.

And perhaps the one that makes me the most sad, only because it was the most recent, Veronica Mars.
Old 07-17-2007

Invader Zim... I can't remember anything else, [s] besides maybe Yu-gi-oh [/s]
Old 07-17-2007

The Class. It was canceled for a while, but then came back to finish season one. It was announced that it wouldn't have anymore seasons.That WAS my favorite show.... *sniff*

This topic reminds me of that Family Guy episode where Peter names off a list of all of Fox's canceled shows. XD
Old 07-17-2007

Arrested Development is another that should not have been canceled
Old 07-17-2007

Danny Phantom, most definitely. It seemed like everyone wanted to keep going with it, except the network because it wasn't the marketing and merchandising machine Spongebob is ("Oh no, the Burger King toys didn't do well! Let's not try and make any more Danny Phantom stuff ever again, not even stuff that makes sense like action figures and other toys!"). Even though it got an ending, it wasn't Butch Hartman's idea to end it. Without it, the only good show on Nick that isn't complete drivel (which is almost all of it) is Avatar, and even then it'll end after season 3. It's a real shame such a good show had to end like it did.
Old 07-17-2007

Sonic the Hedgehog, the SatAM series. I still much prefer it to Sonic X to this very day.
Old 07-17-2007

Digimon
Digimon Adventure, the first series was awesome. Digimon Adventure 02, the second series, was awesome but not to the extent of the first. Digimon Tamers, the third series, was okay. Digimon Frontier, the fourth, was kinda lame. If they would have not made so many changes to the show, it would have survived and done well!

But Digimon Savers, the fifth series, came out in Japan April 2006. And it is finally being dubbed and to be released...so really Digimon shouldn't be here...whatever, I doubt it'll come to Canada anyway...

Monster Rancher
It lasted two seasons here which made up the first series in Japan. The sequel series was never dubbed...and even that was ended in Japan...

Fairly OddParents
Honestly, even though I love this series, I don't mind that it was ended/cancelled. It's just the fact that they ended it the way they did...or, rather, they didn't end it at all...like they plan on doing more episodes in the future or something...

Yu-Gi-Oh! (not GX)
I hate GX! That should say enough. Why did they have to end this for that GX crap?

Guys...I'm glad they ended Danny Phantom...as much as I loved it...it was gonna go too far...
Old 07-17-2007

Firefly, Zim, Futurama, (although we get the movie-turned-new-series now), Angel...
Buffy wasnt really cancelled, Gellar refused to do another series. I hate her.....

But then again, cancelling shows can be good, such as in the case of Threshold. That was an awful show....
Old 07-17-2007

Freakazoid, The Animaniacs, Earthworm Jim, Zzzap!, Jimbo and the Jetset, Superted, Budgie the Little Helicopter, The Tick, Masked Rider and Samurai Pizza Cats. Just a few that come to mind right now.
Old 07-17-2007

Quote:
Sonic the Hedgehog, the SatAM series. I still much prefer it to Sonic X to this very day.
Saw-nik!
He can really move!
Saw-nik!
He's got an attitude!
Saw-nik!
He's the fastest thing alive!
He's the fastest thing alive!
HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII- *universe explodes*

sry, I just had to do that.

But yeah, I do wish they madethe 3rd season.
Old 07-17-2007

Samurai Pizza Cats! (who you gonna call when you want some pepperoni?)

I am happy that I'm finally finding people who remember this show existed. For years people told me that no such show had ever existed and that I was fabricating my childhood. Do you know what that does to a person's confidence?
Old 07-18-2007

Aww, I loved those cartoons!

I miss Biker Mice from Mars, and all the others on the Marvel Block.
Old 07-18-2007

I just remembered about Reeboot. As a kid I loved the show but it never got a true ending. It sort of just ended on a cliffhanger.
Old 07-18-2007

Biker Mice From Mars has been remade and it's actually really really good. Nowhere near as good as the original mind you. If you're in the UK, I think they still show it on CiTV in the mornings. *hasn't woken up in the morning for months so they've possibly stopped*

Sonic SatAM, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Clarissa Explains It All, Teen Angel, Boy Meets World, The Wonder Years, Batman the Animated Series, Street Sharks, Sister Sister, The Adventures Of Pete and Pete and Smart Guy. <A few I remembered just now.

@Olesia: Show them THIS. That'll teach 'em for doubting you!
Old 07-18-2007

Okay, thanks to you guys I got more.

Animaniacs
This show was plain funny. They need to freakin' bring this back. I don't get why it was cancelled in the first place...

ReBoot
Anyone who likes the Abridged Series needs to know this show to get the reference in the RPG episode. It was really good and got better as it went on. I loved the Pokémon parody, but as someone else said, it ended with a cliffhanger and the writer's have since left the studios.
Old 07-18-2007

The animaniacs, as well as Freakazoid, was canceled because Stephen Speilberg had a falling out with one of the higher ups in Warner Brothers. Kinda sad really...
Old 07-18-2007

Digimon *sniff* after the second series it just wasn't worth watching anymore :(

X-men Evolution - they probably ran out of story ideas by the time season 4 finished, but there were still so many characters to be introduced :(

Nightmare Ned - It just fell off the face of the earth *sobs*

Monkey - It just stopped showing on TV ;_; I always wondered if they ever reached India?
Old 07-18-2007

Outlaw Star
i know why it was cancelled...but because it was, toonami changed...
anime began to disappear, until...toonami became a souless channel