This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Naruto - The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2009

Default Why does LittleKuriboh need MasakoX's and Vegeta3986's permission?

At the end of the video, he writes "[Thanks to masakox and Vegeta3986 for letting me do this]". Why does he need their permission to make a Naruto parody (especially when when he can clearly make better parodies than they can)?
Old 04-08-2009

because it was thier parady and i think it has something to do with the stupid copywrite laws
Old 04-08-2009
The Foreskin Queen Deserving of a rest

Blurb: <3<3<3 Rebbie
Send a message via MSN to TPishek

Well, it's polite, isn't it? I figured it was just out of courtesy, since he, as a well-established parodist, was pretending he was about to start directly competing with other well-established parodists.
Old 04-13-2009
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

I believe it's because MasakoX and Vegeta3986 originally had ownership on Naruto: The Abridged Series.
Old 04-14-2009

He didn't NEED their permission. It was just a polite thing to do. The episode is a bit hostile towards Naruto Abridged, it ridicules many of the jokes (Sasuke being an emo, irrational hatred towards Sakura, One Piece reference, etc). If he didn't ask for their permission, he'd seem like an egotistical prick.
Old 04-30-2009

Send a message via MSN to Jijuro

Well, it's a matter of showing respect towards the other parodists.
He also did that reference with Tristan, Serenity and the Computer when they were watching "Naruto the Abridged Series" on YouTube. The Voice of Naruto was definitly Masako or Vegeta, so he had their permission AND some help.
They and LK aren't rivals or something, and LK didn't really want to make his own Naruto-Parody, it was just an Aprils-Joke, so i think the N:TAS-Team wasn't really afraid of having a competition.
So he didn't NEED their permission, but like Akrog said, if he didn't ask for it, it'd been some kind of disrespectful behaviour towards other parodists.
Btw: i like N:TAS, not as much as YGO:TAS, but it's good after all. But LK's Naruto-Parody is MUCH BETTER in my opinion.
Old 04-30-2009

Blurb: whats Blurb? :/

i think its because there all friends and naruto is there show and he was being nice :)
Old 04-30-2009

Send a message via MSN to Jijuro

well said =) that's the same i tried to convey, but i think there's no need for more words =)
Old 05-06-2009

Send a message via MSN to Thunder God Cid Send a message via Yahoo to Thunder God Cid

It's not like they own the rights to spoof Naruto.
Old 05-20-2009

Blurb: I'm having an adequate time.

Because he was polite, that's why.
Old 05-27-2009

A) Fan girls and fan boys would attack him if he didn't.
B) To be polite.
C) to keep the abridged war fiction...........JK
Old 07-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungThundercat View Post
At the end of the video, he writes "[Thanks to masakox and Vegeta3986 for letting me do this]". Why does he need their permission to make a Naruto parody (especially when when he can clearly make better parodies than they can)?
*looks at the topic tittle* Yeah, for some reason that makes me think he hates Masako for some reason. Wonder why?

OT: I don't think that it's a matter of why he did it or not, but I do think that it's to show that he respects both of them as individualist, not that they abridged a series based off of one of the worst animes ever.
Old 08-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicknwings View Post
*looks at the topic tittle* Yeah, for some reason that makes me think he hates Masako for some reason. Wonder why?
Awesome dude, though i'm not sure if calling someone masacock is such a bad thing. Could be referring to size??? :p
Old 09-25-2009

Am I the only person on this forum who prefers the original NTAS?
Old 09-25-2009
Not a Moderator

*shrugs* I dunno.
Old 09-26-2009

He doesn't need it... But he's just being overly apologetic/thankful LK as always.

Also, above poster, Nephee is awesome.

Above above poster, you are, and that's cause you have Family Guy humor.
Old 09-27-2009

Because it's a parody of a parody of Naruto.

The parody of the parody being LK's, and the original parody being Vegeta and Masox's. Get it?
Old 11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eia View Post
Because it's a parody of a parody of Naruto.

The parody of the parody being LK's, and the original parody being Vegeta and Masox's. Get it?
Exactly. Also, OP, it you like Dragon Ball Z abridged. You might wanna take back that Masacock comment
Old 11-23-2009

Blurb: Amelia
Send a message via ICQ to Amelia
Default Why does LittleKuriboh need masacocks and Vegeta3986s permission

Why does so much people hate Naruto, the show? Ive been all around the web and people tend to argue a lot over how Bleach is better or how Naruto has a stupid plot. Can someone explain to me why this is so? Why does so much people hate Naruto so much?
Old 11-23-2009
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Why does so much people hate Naruto, the show? Ive been all around the web and people tend to argue a lot over how Bleach is better or how Naruto has a stupid plot. Can someone explain to me why this is so? Why does so much people hate Naruto so much?
Because they have opinions or something.

I mean... if something is very well-liked, it's also going to be very well-hated because people are different from each other and the more something gets around, the more likely people are going to have an opinion on it, and there's a chance of them either liking it or hating it.

Also I really wish that I had the power to edit the title of this thread because masako is a nice guy and shouldn't be called that. :(
Old 11-23-2009
Not a Moderator

1 ~ I edited the title for you, Sally.

2 ~ Speaking from a Naruto fan, I would say it's the multiple flashbacks, lame catchphrases ("BELIEVE IT!") and the characters. :/
Old 11-23-2009
Possible Homersexual

Blurb: The MistakenLoner
Send a message via AIM to ThePRPD Send a message via MSN to ThePRPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Maybe it has to do with a certain part of the fan base.
I used to be a fan of Naruto but I was losing interest in the series and I was getting tired of the fillers being so long.

It was like around 120 or maybe 170 of shippuuden I stopped watching the anime. It was about 5 or 10 episodes after Naruto, Sakurai, and Sai(was that his name) fought two of the Akatsuki members.
Old 11-24-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

I'm not a fan of Naruto because the anime is terribly drawn and stretches regular moments into epic bongfests, and the manga has all the political nuance of a George Lucas screenplay.
Old 07-01-2010

Blurb: I put the "Quincy" in frequency.
Send a message via Yahoo to LimeyLady483

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox295 View Post
Am I the only person on this forum who prefers the original NTAS?
Probably. It had its moments but isn't anywhere as good as what LK produced. They have more episodes out, and aren't half bad, but still.
Old 07-01-2010

Blurb: I put the "Quincy" in frequency.
Send a message via Yahoo to LimeyLady483

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePRPD View Post
Maybe it has to do with a certain part of the fan base.
I used to be a fan of Naruto but I was losing interest in the series and I was getting tired of the fillers being so long.

It was like around 120 or maybe 170 of shippuuden I stopped watching the anime. It was about 5 or 10 episodes after Naruto, Sakurai, and Sai(was that his name) fought two of the Akatsuki members.
I agree. Naruto isn't a bad anime and has a really large fanbase, larger than most. But its just that Bleach and Naruto are different, regardless of whether one is 'better' or not. I personally prefer Bleach because of the Supernatural Element, and enjoy the sword battles. Some how, Bleach seems to have more depth. But the plot is very complex and tends to confuse sometimes, where-as Naruto is basic, some prefer this.