This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?
Default Alternative-Vote....errr Vote

=David Blunkett has come clean and admitted that No2AV "made up" that £250 million cost claim.

What do people make of this disgusting moment in British democracies already woeful record.......-_-

=I unshockingly, an supporter of changing to AV, but even if you don't, surely you be outraged by this, I mean it was obvious lie to those who are informed on the matter, but sadly many simply are not and so their democratic rights are being circumvented and abused for self-serving few once more.

-I mean anti-av supports calling me too dumb to understand AV is insulting and shows own stupidy, but outright lying on facts....then they wonder why no one trusts them -_-

=PS general decision on area fine by me and any aussie's, your opinion on matter would be appreciated and welcomed.

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 05-05-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-05-2011
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

What gets on my nerves most is the fact that they're calling it "Alternative Vote" ... surely they can come up with, i dunno, a more descriptive name?

That said I am supporting AV, and I'm shocked to find outexactly how many people are confusing this with Proportional Representation. My dad being one of them, he's all like "I don't like it because it's what they use all over Europe and it'll make the BNP more likely to get in"

This despite the fact that, what was it? only Australia, Fiji and Papua New Guinea use the "AV" system... Wow I really wasn't aware that they were members of the EU.

Thank goodness that my dad has (albeit ignorantly) has decided to vote "Yes" just because he's been given the choice.

/rant about stupid electorate

And the No2AV campaign lying about the annual cost? bastards, the lot of them. Utterly disgraceful... what's worse is that I haven't paid enough attention to the whole thing, and so would probably have believed the lie.

(Wouldn't have changed my voting stance though, I would have voted for AV anyway purely because I want to see what it's like in practice)
Old 05-05-2011
Chumba Wumba

=Yer, not greatest name lol,

=This whole campaign has been filled with smoke and mirrors bull, rather than just facts -_-, both sides bad, but least the Yes-side have actually presented an argument and not been stricken down 3 times for comments which are lies and had to admit to a 4th (oh and we did not insult the voters ether...ish lol)

=I think the best one, was PM who said all Europe uses First Past Post <facepalm> to which someone responded we are only EU country to use First past post, to which said MP said, what about India...to which everyone died a little inside
-I have to ask why people so anti-vote like europe, when many european countries have wonderful leaderships like bi....errr...well is st.....ohhhh...hmmm....got pu....nope........hi....ok maybe loss this round lol

=Even if India were part of EU, would they really be the county we wish to base our political reform upon <<

=As for money part, well in campaigning I have been telling people it is not true from start, but sadly, when have us saying, not true, them saying it is, people going to obviously believe no one -_-
-So I went with different argument and asked people if they they really wanted to base their democratic right on the 'simplest and cheapest' system <<

=Fact is, AV is not best system, but heck of lot better than First Past Post and best going to get till world realises liberals for the win :D

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 05-05-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2011

All my complaining and ranting will be for nothing if I forget to vote... or can't find my damned polling station >:V
Old 05-05-2011
Chumba Wumba

dude, if having got your polling card, you can ring up council and they can tell you where your station is, this is too important to miss because got lost lol

PS 2:30 hours left
Old 05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
dude, if having got your polling card, you can ring up council and they can tell you where your station is, this is too important to miss because got lost lol

PS 2:30 hours left
Yeah, I have my polling card... I just don't know where the polling station they've specified is from where I live

Commencing Google
Old 05-05-2011
Boss

I'm in favour of it, but given the amount of bullshit the no campaign has been spreading I'm not holding out much hope. I mean, in a country where the daily mail can be considered a legitimate source of news, what hope do we have.
Old 05-05-2011

Found the station and voted. heh Colchester's having a local election at the same time.

That'll probably confuse a few idiots as well
Old 05-05-2011
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusRocks View Post
Found the station and voted. heh Colchester's having a local election at the same time.

That'll probably confuse a few idiots as well
the whole county is having a local election >>.... why held it today lol [ I'm actually a candidate, but my seat is so unwinnable, my party won't let me campaign, so spelt whole morning supporting someone else's campaign o0 ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underling View Post
I'm in favour of it, but given the amount of bullshit the no campaign has been spreading I'm not holding out much hope. I mean, in a country where the daily mail can be considered a legitimate source of news, what hope do we have.
sadly, you hold a valid point, I mean some people actually refuse to vote yes because Clegg supports it.......if clegg openly supported not murdering babies based on their hair, would that make it bad idea..... -_-
Old 05-05-2011

Quote:
the whole county is having a local election >>.... why held it today lol [ I'm actually a candidate, but my seat is so unwinnable, my party won't let me campaign, so spelt whole morning supporting someone else's campaign o0 ]
Heh, lol

But seriously, it's not the whole country - just some areas are having local elections as well. My home town, for instance, isn't.

Quote:
sadly, you hold a valid point, I mean some people actually refuse to vote yes because Clegg supports it.......if clegg openly supported not murdering babies based on their hair, would that make it bad idea..... -_-
Much as I dislike Nick Clegg, and the Lib Dems, I cannot bring myself to be so stupid as to disagree with him just to disagree with him, y'know?
Old 05-06-2011
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusRocks View Post
Heh, lol

But seriously, it's not the whole country - just some areas are having local elections as well. My home town, for instance, isn't.
no, it is a full by election, the only ones not included which nero-rotten buruers <<.........it was worst was night in liberals voting history

Quote:
Much as I dislike Nick Clegg, and the Lib Dems, I cannot bring myself to be so stupid as to disagree with him just to disagree with him, y'know?
=Well, that is the very reason one labour councillor I know, voted against it, so says it al <<

=you should not dislike Liberals, heck you probably should not dislike clegg, but that different debate....millions of people last night voted the liberals out of their councils, why because wanted to cut off their nose to spite their face
-yup, thanks to the wonderfully unenlightened thing which is my local cities electorate, we now have a labour city council without an opposition. They wiped us out the city.....and labour could not be happier because we have been the thorn in their otherwise overally comfortable side for 12 years. They even removed our councillor who had served them faithfully for over 25 years.....(she started labour, before they ditched her, because leadership was scared she was too talented -_-.)
=Well, right now my petty side, thinks screw you britian, screw you....because you have already screwed yourself.....because labour party is most corrupt group you will ever meet and my uni city is perfect example; I cannot explain the full facts without being done for slander among other things, but our labour council has been in power for over 10 long years and they have committed acts of highest corruption and liberals have been only group who have shown any resistance to them and we have tried to protect this city with our sweat and bone. No other party would spend 2 years and thousands of pounds of own money to defend three old people (2 of whom, never vote us) from being evicted by corrupt organisation whom labour willifully sold their council homes too. Why bother these acts gained us nothing and wouldn't gain other parties anything ether, well apart from the sense we were doing the right thing, but that counts for very little with blind thing that is media controlled and trade union follow mass (same trade unions who betray them very day and they don't even realise it.) We were also the party who defended students from an anti-student alliance, which wanted to ban all student parties and activities in its area. Again students never voted us or even thanked us (despite their willingness to make bold claims about betrayal) but we did because we are a group who are made from ex/current students and know what uni life is about and that these group are just bais. That lost us many votes, because while those students never thanked us, those in that association were busy bodies and made sure we payed for those acts. (problem when students are councillors real constriutants, but less than 1 in 100 vote, actual stat.)
=Well now this city can have labour without that resistance and see what happens......sad part is, this proves labour could avocate mass murder of babies and still get voted, the liberals try their hardest to drag this blind and benine group of malcontent's into reality and better system and they hate us for it. This is not page for me to big up the liberals, but fundamentally, 90% o everything the conservatives are getting credit for, is in fact a liberal based idea, they took from us and country is willing to give us no creditor for, because we backed (all be it, wrongly) two single conservative ideas. (however that begs the question, if county was so crying out for free uni's, why did you not vote us into power, you guys, wanted a conservative government, don't complain when get it)

-PS the fact I one of our most successful candidates says it all really. (oh and I lost very badly)

(when I say corruption, I actually mean another legal term which cannot say without proof, I cannot provide due to the level of it being so high we cannot even get close to outing it as groups we need to out it, are in line with it)

=If county votes against AV as almost certainly will, to spite liberals, then truly has damned itself to spite the group which has done what????? lowered or even removed taxs for poorest areas, restructured EMA, so that goes to poeple who need it at higher rate and stops millionaire business owners claiming it for their kids. What the group which founded more scholarships and grant schemes for children of lower income areas in last year alone, than labour ever did. What the party who finally removed ID cards and control orders. What party who finally got homosexuals and transsexuals removed from sex offenders register. What party who has finally stopped judiciary charging people retrospectively, what party who regulated banking........etc yer we are asses

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 05-06-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2011
Boss

The country's going to shit, I honestly plan to emigrate next year.
Old 05-06-2011

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

Quote:
The country's going to shit, I honestly plan to emigrate next year.
Where to, Underling-kun?
Old 05-06-2011
Boss

Not really sure, I'll probably apply to JET and stay in Japan a few years.
Old 05-06-2011
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Not really sure, I'll probably apply to JET and stay in Japan a few years.
fared feeling bit better now, lol

I applied to JET, hard as hell mate, but worth it, however lot of private companies I am currently negotiating with, if want any info or help, I can tell you about few if PM us :)
Old 05-06-2011
Boss

Quote:
fared feeling bit better now, lol

I applied to JET, hard as hell mate, but worth it, however lot of private companies I am currently negotiating with, if want any info or help, I can tell you about few if PM us :)
Whoa, really? Awesome...

Did you have any teaching qualifications or anything when you applied?
From what I've heard I get the horrible impression the interview is the most important part, and I'm shit at interviews...
Old 05-06-2011

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...sults-map.html

HOOOOOLY CRAP We live in a stupid country -_-;
Old 05-06-2011
Chumba Wumba

I wonder how many of those people actually want to keep first past post -_-

<sigh> why I needed a rant this morning lol
Old 05-06-2011

The UK clearly suffers from anti-clegg hivemind stupidity
Old 05-28-2011

Blurb: Failing at fail since 1990

Quote:
I wonder how many of those people actually want to keep first past post -_-

<sigh> why I needed a rant this morning lol
I did, and not because I hate Clegg (although I think he's a namby-pamby, wishy-washy politician). I voted No because I don't see what's wrong with the system that we have. I don't agree with some of the claims the No2AV campaign were making, but frankly I did not need them to make my mind up as it had been made up before the campaigns were launched. Why change a system that has worked for centuries? What would AV have gained the country, but more hung parliaments (which, contrary to some people's beliefs, is NOT the answer). There has to be another way to make the politicians to listen that doesn't involve potentially damaging what's left of the economy.