This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2011
Rides Kaiba

Blurb: Duct tape his mouth shut and you can have a nice trophy husb
Send a message via MSN to AllisonWalker

Terminology will just come from constant usage, along with the phonetic alphabet. I wouldn't worry about them. General Orders and Rank & Recognition are the biggest thing. Chiefs won't tolerate being called a Petty Officer, and you better not call an officer a chief like I have. It's not a good situation. Know how to catch that shit.

Knowing how to march well will help as well.
Old 09-23-2011

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyShadow View Post
I'm talking about the freedom by which you can express your opinions without it being declared treasonous and resulting in your execution (or censorship, to a lesser extent).
well no one is making you join the army or whatever, you're just arguing for the sake of it, like you always do
its their organization, thingie, whatever, no one is making you join, you know the rules going into it, the world is a harsh place, censorship will always exist
Old 09-23-2011

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
well no one is making you join the army or whatever, you're just arguing for the sake of it, like you always do
its their organization, thingie, whatever, no one is making you join, you know the rules going into it, the world is a harsh place, censorship will always exist
I was responding to a remark killshot made. How you applied this to the topic at hand is beyond my comprehen-- oh right we were supposed to be talking about the military.
Old 09-24-2011
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Quote:
Ever heard of the draft? Its happened before and it could happen again. Live and let live doesn't work if I could be forcefully drafted into their group at any time.
Old 09-24-2011
Possible Homersexual

Blurb: The MistakenLoner
Send a message via AIM to ThePRPD Send a message via MSN to ThePRPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
Ever heard of the draft? Its happened before and it could happen again.
It can happen again but it's very unlikely that it will anytime soon. Each branch of the military has an incredibly amount of people enlisted. Recently, the Coastguard has even changed it's rate of acceptance. If another draft were to happen it would have to be under incredibly dire circumstances.

So yes, no one is making you join. Using the draft as a counter-argument is silly due to the circumstances that would have to occur for it to go that far.
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
Ever heard of the draft? Its happened before and it could happen again. Live and let live doesn't work if I could be forcefully drafted into their group at any time.
yeah I don't live in the US, so thats not a problem
we didn't even use the draft in WW2 (we sort of did in 1944, but most drafted didn't do anything in Europe-its a long story)
needless to say, Canada isn't exactly a country known to going to wars, especially needing a draft
even if there was a draft I'm not mentally stable enough to even qualify lol
Old 09-24-2011

Blurb: One does not silly walk into Mordor!

Quote:
needless to say, Canada isn't exactly a country known to going to wars
Germany, too.
We didn't join the last Iraq war ;)

The topic is interesting but since I'm not from USA I hardly can say something the bootcamp there. I know from a few friends that the drill at the Budeswehr isn't that hard. But ok, a few months ago we had a draft. I could imagine that scrapping the draft will change a lot in the organisation of our military.
At least I'm happy that I'm no Israeli...
I'm not so into military stuff...
Old 09-24-2011

Doesn't Germany primarily make things like tanks and whatnot for other countries (or is that France...) I do know they make cars, sausage and very pretty women (lol)
we didn't join the Iraq war either, we thought it was pointless
Old 09-24-2011

Yeah, Germany produces a lot of military stuff...
Iraq war was pointless...same with the Afganistan war. (Ah, the Taleban is gone, what should we do with the warlords? Nothing? Good idea!)
The German soliders are mostly part of the blue helmets (UN). The last 'bigger' war was the one Kosovo war.
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyPillow View Post
Iraq war was pointless...same with the Afganistan war. (Ah, the Taleban is gone, what should we do with the warlords? Nothing? Good idea!)
The German soliders are mostly part of the blue helmets (UN). The last 'bigger' war was the one Kosovo war.
that makes sense
I think most of the armies in Europe are like that
Old 09-24-2011

Yeag some, not all have a bigger arms production. Since we've got the great EU there is no need for such a big army.
I want to see how the US handle their status as a superpower in the future especially against China.
Old 09-24-2011

the US won't be one forever, they've really only been one since the 1940s
no empire lasts forever, countries rise and fall-become huge and fade
in the last 100 years the look and empires of Europe alone have changed so much
Old 09-24-2011

^That's for sure. Look at England...
The USA are really confident when it comes to world policy.
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
^That's for sure. Look at England...
The USA are really confident when it comes to world policy.
no country/empire wants to admit its failing, history has shown that they have tried to cling on to the very end
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
no country/empire wants to admit its failing, history has shown that they have tried to cling on to the very end
Now I have to think about the end of WW2 ... lol

Tsss USA...the have to admit their fails... seriously they haven't got a health care system...how are they able to live?
But now we're off topic and since I have no idea of the US bootcamps work, I will leave that thread.
Old 09-24-2011

I have heard wacky things of why their system is better "your taxes are higher, you have to wait longer"
their system is all fine and well for those with money, and they don't give a shit about poor people
its a business to them and nothing more, like jails, lawsuits and prescription drugs

(I am just glad, I would never be accepted in a draft) lol
Old 09-24-2011

Xanadu, it's important to have both systems in the world. If you suddenly remove a high-quality, high-cost system then those who benefit from that niche would be forced into a system that doesn't work according to their own needs. It's the same as removing a high-wait, low-quality, low-cost health care system. It would force those incapable of fitting that niche into a niche that doesn't work for them.
Old 09-24-2011

don't want to talk about it, people's health shouldn't be something that others profit over
I guess its just something crazy I believe in
Old 09-24-2011

Fair enough.
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
don't want to talk about it, people's health shouldn't be something that others profit over
I guess its just something crazy I believe in
Agreed
Old 09-24-2011
Rides Kaiba

Quote:
You are so wrong about that, sweetheart. The Taliban is still kicking all over the place, trying to threaten civilians to follow their wacked out theocracy. There are many good reasons for staying inside the Middle East, and protecting the civilians is a large part of it. They have no one else standing up for them, nor do they have the medical or military forces to help them in times of crisis. Just because Bin Laden is dead, doesn't mean the organization is too.

Because it ain't.

Also, this topic has nothing to do with National health care. Get back on topic.
Old 09-24-2011

I don't think we have a health care thread
I'd rather drink poison then try and debate that with you "regulars" so I shant be the one to make it
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonWalker View Post
You are so wrong about that, sweetheart. The Taliban is still kicking all over the place, trying to threaten civilians to follow their wacked out theocracy. There are many good reasons for staying inside the Middle East, and protecting the civilians is a large part of it. They have no one else standing up for them, nor do they have the medical or military forces to help them in times of crisis. Just because Bin Laden is dead, doesn't mean the organization is too.
I know that the Taliban is still very active there. I was to lazy to make a big explanation. (Sorry)
After so many years many Afghans lost their trust in the ISAF mission. That's a huge problem. And for sure the point that the warlords have still to much power in the south. I'm not saying that the 'world' should leave the people there to their fate but to continue the same way as in the last years isn't a solution. It's a diffucult case.
Old 09-24-2011
Rides Kaiba

Quote:
I know that the Taliban is still very active there. I was to lazy to make a big explanation. (Sorry)
After so many years many Afghans lost their trust in the ISAF mission. That's a huge problem. And for sure the point that the warlords have still to much power in the south. I'm not saying that the 'world' should leave the people there to their fate but to continue the same way as in the last years isn't a solution. It's a diffucult case.
All wars take time to finish. The military doesn't work with a "summer time solider" mentally. You stay in it until the job is done.
Old 09-24-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Germany, too.
We didn't join the last Iraq war ;)
-please tell me you are taking the piss...please
Old 09-25-2011

Blurb: Omae wa mo shindeiru

Oh my goodness! The word discipline has been mentioned not once in this entire discussion. I'm too lazy to read most of what you are all saying, especially since the first page was as big as an xbox.

But the answer to whatever question killshot wanted was discipline. That's what all the stuff they do in the military is for. Also to teach practicality, but discipline.
Old 09-25-2011
Possible Homersexual

Hey, guys...
Attached Images
File Type: png Response.png (477.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2011

Blurb: Omae wa mo shindeiru

I was on topic...
Old 09-25-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

oh thanks for telling us mr-mod, without you what ever could us mere mortals hope to know, thanks <kisses feet continually > I am not worthy I am a not worthy...the presence of one whom has the power to make such redundant comments and then past such unremunerated messages onto us is clearly a second coming of god...oh please have mercy [ if you could not tell, I was being a sarcastic troll, ]
Old 09-25-2011
Possible Homersexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotenks View Post
I was on topic...
I know. It was directed at the others since that tangent was ridiculously off-topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
if you could not tell, I was being a sarcastic troll,
I could tell but I think you could've done better. It was a weak attempt overall and you were trying to hard. You could have tried being a bit more snide and us less over-the-top references to the never-happening " second coming". If I was a mod, the tangent had been less ridiculous, and shorter the attempt would have been more effective and maybe a little amusing. However, you didn't have much to work with to being with.