This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007

Does anyone have that link of that list? It wasnt too long ago that they had it out. Cant even believe that Star Wars was top 13th, I mean that changed a whole generation and the world it should of been the top 10 in my opinion. Also where the heck was Indiana Jones. It was no where to be found.

Top 100 list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_100_Years..._100_Movies_%2810th_Anniversar y_Edition%29
Old 07-19-2007

There are a lot of those kinds of lists. Do you know the sauce?
Leon / The Professional should be on any of those lists, and Indiana Jones .
Old 07-19-2007

It's not the greatest movies of all time, it only includes American made movies.

theres a list on wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_100_Years..._100_Movies_%2810th_Anniversar y_Edition%29
Old 07-19-2007

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

Why do you care what a bunch of out of touch old [s]Je[/s]geezers think?
Old 07-19-2007

Its not a "bunch of old geezers"... they interviewed the top directors and producers in America today and based the list off their opinions... I mean, everyone's entitled to their own opinions about what movies are the best, but the list certainly isn't without merit.
Old 07-19-2007

That may be true, but then again people get good movies confused with entertaining movies. And the thing about "good" movies is that because something is classified as Drama people automatically think that it's good. And if something is a comedy they wont think of it as highly. If that makes any sense...
Old 07-19-2007

Blurb: Gyabo!

Well just remember folks that anything is up for debate. Just make sure to have some fun with it. I saw the special hosted by Morgan Freeman (who is becoming the quinessential host for anything) and it was fine. I will admit many movies were foreign to me being before my time but still a good historical reflect at least.
Old 07-19-2007

This is the same list I posted... I didn't recognize a lot of the movies either, but I definitely agree with their number one. Citizen Kane will always be the best without a doubt :)
Old 07-19-2007

Yea thats the list I think. I dont think Citizen Kane should be top but it should be in the top 5. Also why is Sixth Sense at 89, that was a good movie but not that great.
Old 07-19-2007

I honestly think it has to do with what movies had more impact on people. When the sixth sense came out, no one could shut up about it.

The only time I ever look at movie critics' reviews, is when there's a critic who shares the same taste as me... which takes some trial and error, but worth it. ahah.
Old 07-19-2007

Wow... Toy Story?...Damn.
Old 07-19-2007

Is that a good or bad thing?

Personally, I think its wonderful.
Old 07-19-2007

I remember seeing that movie in theaters when I was around 8... I can't believe that's on the list, over any other movie that could be in it's place. I'm not complaining too much, it was an interesting movie but there are some better films.
Old 07-19-2007

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

That's the problem. Directors and producers are not the best people to come to for opinions about that kind of thing, since they're personally invested in a lot of the film business. I would say the best people to go to are film critics, but the only ones who aren't full of crap are either dead or don't get listened to anyway.
Old 07-20-2007

Toy Story was a great movie considering it was made in 94. The CG were amazing back then even though its starting to show its age. That movie was a classic, one of the best pixar films. I really enjoy that film when I was 9. Not bad that it made it to top 100.
Old 07-20-2007

WOW! star wars only got to 13th? in the British top 100 countdown it was number 1. Whoever makes these lists really needs to watch more films.
Old 07-20-2007

'94 isn't that old...
Old 07-20-2007

13 years is pretty old for a CG movie. Just compare it to Ratatouille in terms of animation. They've come a long way.