This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007

I am sure most of you have already heard that there will be 4 new Evangelion movies, with whole new animation and completely new ending for the last film.

here is a new trailer with actual footage from the first movie.
Rebuild of Evangelion Trailer

IMO the new animation is fantastic and it seems that Shinji looks a little more confident, just like in the manga version.

So what do you think about it,?
Will you watch the movies?
Do you think they will be an improvement to the original series or is it just an lazy way to make more money from GAINAX?
Will there be an happy ending?
Will they show the sex scene between Shinji and Asuka longer than just for a second (my avy)?
Will Shinji finally be able to realize confess his true feelings towards PenPen? [/link]
Old 07-17-2007

*drool* so awesome.

it's supposed to to fix the problems from the original run and flesh out the story. Evangelion was meant to be 52 episodes, which is why it is so confusing. The new animation is stunning, lets just hope the plot reflects it. Also, i pray to god that they make Shinji less of a whiny bitch. i know he's supposed to be conflicted, but there's conflicted and then there's total pussy. I have very high hopes for this reboot of the series, and i hope they are fulfilled.
Old 07-17-2007

I can't wait for these movies. Though it was royally confusing, I still loved it.
Old 07-17-2007

same here. Even though the ending made me white out a bit, i thought it was amazing
Old 07-17-2007

I aam just so excited about this. The animation just looks beautiful (as expected really). I'm with Dagreenman18 on this, that I hope shinji less whiny, I kind of understand at the beginning but towards the end it just becomes painful to watch - here's to a more manly Shinji. I'm wondering whether it will be shown in any UK cinemas, I sure hope so. I'm also hoping the ends less conusing, the first time I watched evnagelion I couldn't dleep for days cos I was still trying to figure out what it all meant.

So in summary very very excited!
Old 07-17-2007

I've been an Eva fan for a good long time... I can't wait for the movies, I'm sure they'll be great. I loved End of Eva, but I do hope the ending will be better.
Old 07-17-2007

OMG I can't wait T_T
Old 07-18-2007

Having just finished EVA (becoming my favorite Anime as a result) and finding the conclusion a bit annoying, the animation looks amazing. They are making so many damn endings, so I hope they bring it to a solid conclusion. I just don't want to be seeing in ten years time, 'Reload of Reload of Evangelion' to 'rectify the mistakes of the four movies'.
Old 07-18-2007

i wanna see i wanna see NOW!
Old 07-18-2007

looks bloody good to me
it's amazing how much Blood you can get out of rocks these days >_<
Old 07-18-2007

Evangelion movies? Sweet. I found it odd how the series ended....
Old 07-19-2007

I loved how the series ended, in the show. That was crazy physiologically awkward right there, I loved it.

Can not wait for these movies though, I have been waiting for what feels like a decade.
Old 07-19-2007

Blurb: Gyabo!

I think the timing couldn't be better. And if this does well more might come again. Stay tooned.
Old 07-19-2007

I said I found the ending weird, I still liked it. It's pretty good considering the creator had a mental disease and the animation budget ran out.
Old 07-20-2007

I always liked the first ending (not the ending they used in The End of Evangellion) Still Im always up for a new more refined version. I heard they were going to play up kawrou's charactor alot more in this.
Old 07-24-2007

My brain practically exploded when I was trying to understand the ending of the show so I watched the end of evangelion but it left me with more questions then answers, so lets hope this movie explains everything.