This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007

I love this man.

One of my favourites, alongside Clint, Alfonso, Martin, and Quentin. He's just a great guy with dialog. I love Clerks to death, and I do very much believe Chasing Amy is my favourite movie.

Chasing Amy had it all, and wasn't anything I've seen before in a movie. It fit into a genre, but totally did it it's own way, and had a touching story in the process...and one of his best stories to date.
Old 07-18-2007

woooo I love mooby!!
Old 07-18-2007

yes Kevin Smith rocks but i'm going to have to disagree with Chasing Amy being his best story....in my opinion his best story has to be Dogma but his overall best film has to be Clerks no doubt about it *nod nod*
Old 07-18-2007

i love kevin smith!

I dont suppose any of you are familiar though with a user on youtube known as Blunty3000, i swear the first time i saw him i thought it was kevin smith himself
Old 07-18-2007

Kevins rocks my sox off. Clerks 2 was such a great sequel to Clerks, I couldn't ask him to do more. Except be an awesome character in Live Free or Die Hard and be funny in TMNT!!
Old 07-18-2007

Clerks is my favorite for what I've seen so far but I have yet to see Dogma, Mallrats and Jersey Girl
Old 07-18-2007

Kevin smith is BLOODY brilliant
and yes thats right I'm a Limey Brit and will flaunt it >_<
but yeah anyway on topic
personally it's all about Dogma with me
but then I love any movie that tries to brauden peoples horizons
Old 07-18-2007

Blurb: "Oh yeah, WillPhanto1, he's a trippy dude." -Andrew Soto
Send a message via MSN to WillPhanto1

An evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder was great. Especially when he was in London taking about fanny-fun and such.
Old 07-18-2007

Kevin Smith is the best current comedy director (in my opinion).
Both the Clerks movies, the short lived animated series based on Clerks, and Mallrats come instantly to mind as favorites.
Old 07-18-2007

He is a genius at directing, writing and doing live performances that answers fans questions. He is top notch.

The Clerks Movies r his best work in my opinion. Kevin Smith 2 was a funny dvd especially in London. Brillant. The guy should be an oscar winner instead of a lot of actors.

Saw his performance in Die Hard 4.0 and he was bare funny. Yeah.
Old 07-18-2007

He's in Die Hard 4.0?
NOW I actually want to see that film
lol
Old 07-18-2007

lol i love kevin smith and his movies,so genious
Old 07-18-2007

Dogma had a great story, very profound in a Kevin Smith sort of way... But Clerks is probably his best, though I haven't seen Mall Rats or Chasing Amy
Old 07-19-2007

Blurb: i make films with kroze.
Send a message via AIM to BryyMiller Send a message via MSN to BryyMiller

I liked him until every movie he made was the one before it.
Old 07-19-2007

Quote:
I liked him until every movie he made was the one before it.
I don't agree fully. Maybe with Clerks II, Jay and Silent Bob, and Mallrats...however the original Clerks, Chasing Amy, and Dogma all have their own unique style.

Clerks was just some of the greatest comedy around, Chasing Amy was a touching and obscure true to life love story, and Dogma was religious and capitalistic satire at it's finest.

Clerks II was just a dulled down Clerks, so I agree there. Jay and Silent Bob was just...Jay and Silent Bob, pretty much fanservice, so I agree there. And Mallrats wasn't great, it was just some generic teen movie really. However it was still quite enjoyable for me.
Old 07-19-2007

I thought Clerks 2 was waaaaaay better than the first, mostly because the first got boring after the first hour of two guys talking in black and white. It was funny, yeah, but it was made when I was 2; something about that fact just detracts from it a bit. The second one wasn't tied down to one building with occasional shots of outside that building, plus there were more than two guys talking. It was two guys, a transformers geek, and a hot manager who isn't offended by the term "ass-to-mouth" in the slightest.

Jay and Silent Bob was the obligatory duo adventure comedy, everyone knew it was gonna happen eventually. Probably would have been a lot funnier if they had kept some of the stuff with Will Ferell in it, though.
I haven't seen Mallrats, my friend told me that was his favorite Kevin Smith movie so I should check it out.
Chasing amy... eh. I hate romantic comedies. ALL of them. "But this one's waaay different-" blah blah blah, I don't care.
Dogma is good and makes a lot of damn good points about religion and whatnot, but being shown every other week on Comedy Central in between alternating Jackass the (unfunny) first movie and "BLUE COLLAR MADNESS NIGHT, YEEHAW" makes it not all that watchable anymore.
Old 07-19-2007

Mallrats, always makes me laugh when I'm feeling down. Watch it XD