This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007

I really need to see Transformers and Harry Potter.

This will be the first time that I see a Harry Potter movie before reading the corresponding book. Who wants to spoil it for me? XD

EDIT: First thread and post of this forum. Woot.
Old 07-16-2007

haha I refuse to spoil it .. but its sooo good.. This one was the 2nd best.(the 4th was the best for me). Theres a huge fight scene at the end which I love.. you'll definitely have a good time! :)
Old 07-16-2007

I wont spoil it either, but watched it yesterday.....and it was flippin' fantastic, very enjoyable :P
Old 07-16-2007

I just seen Transformers and the new Harry Potter a few days ago, Transformers looked good but the story was .. weak. if you're a fan of the original you might be a bit insulted with it but it looked amazing.
Harry potter was pretty good too, i agree.. it might be the second best (second to the prisoner of azkaban) but i defently enjoyed the book more...the movie sort of relies on people to have read the book i think to pick up on everything thats going on in the movie.
Old 07-16-2007

But the death scene, (whoops. It slipped out.) was under-played. I rekon they should of had less swoopy-aparating and more slo-mo falling. Because slo-mo falling and sad music are the best way to kill people.
Old 07-16-2007

Oooh... I love [s]anti-[/s]climatic fight scenes.

Is it really emo like movie 4 or not?
Old 07-16-2007

*Agrees with Readout*
And also in this one Harry was sposed to go a 'lil nuts at certain people and lose his temper, and violence makes me happy, but he didn't :(
Old 07-16-2007

Gah... weak stories. One of the many things that ruin a good movie.
Old 07-16-2007

Haven't had a chance to see HP5 yet. I plan to, but I must confess the appeal of the movie for me is vastly overshadowed by the release of the final book at the end of the week.

Who here has seen Ratatouille? And if you haven't seen it yet...WHY? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??
Old 07-16-2007

I want to see Ratatouille so bad, I am seeing it next week.
Old 07-16-2007

I haven't. *withers in shame* I got distracted by Mr Bloom getting tied to the sea and ruining a [s]stereotypical[/s] happy ending. Pirates was a good movie... but I expected more.
Old 07-16-2007

I want to see Ratatouille to..But, I'd probebly go see Pirates again instead...Johnny overpowers me. x3
Old 07-16-2007
Administrator

This thread needs some kind of spoiler warning...
Old 07-16-2007

Agreed. *edits first post to include that*
Old 07-16-2007
General Staff

Not to worry my love...I think the Mods will have to make a rule for the community that if someone wants to post something they MUST but a Spoiler warning in the title.

But whilst we're on the subject of movies, Hairspray's out this week, YEEEEEEAAAAAAY!
Old 07-16-2007

Fixed. :D
Old 07-16-2007

Some people don't like John Travolta anymore but I still do. *big Grease fan*

I'll be seeing Hairspray because it looks entertaining and fun.
Old 07-16-2007
General Staff

I'll be seeing it because it's a musical...and I already know all the songs from the soundtrack. XD And it gives me a excuse to sing along in the theatre like I did when I saw Happy Feet.
Old 07-16-2007

XDDDD

Musicals make great movies. -insert reference to random musical made movie here-
Old 07-16-2007

The book was super emo... what with Harry yelling in OMG CAPSLOCK every few pages...

Transformers kicked some major ass...

I still need to see Ratatouille. Pixar movies own my soul
Old 07-16-2007

I've been hooked to Pixar since Toy Story. The 90s were awesome.
Old 07-16-2007

Indeed they were :D
Old 07-16-2007

HP5 was pretty lame... Even worse if you've read the 5th book before.
Transformers is only fun if you go in with low expectations and ignore the lack of plot. Regardless it was pretty damn entertaining.
Live Free or Die Hard remains amazing. It's so over the top and IN AMERICA.
Old 07-16-2007

I kinda miss the 90s. But I can't really complain... I need my iPod. The 90s were seriously lacking when it came to nifty gadgets.

*kicks thread back on topic*
Old 07-16-2007

What did you like best about Live Free or Die Hard, Kaze? Storyline, special effects, visual effects, characterization? Or just all of it?

[s]I think that we need a movie review thread... yes... yes we do.[/s]
Old 07-16-2007

I saw Ratatouille and its the best thing I've seen from Disney in a while! I saw Harry Potter last weekend and I loved it I just was upset some of my favorite parts where not in the movie. and I always imagined Umbridge as a grumpy frog lady, and this one was jsut passive agressive.
Old 07-16-2007

It's sad to say that most movies fail when it comes to properly portraying the books that they are based on. *tsk tsk*
Old 07-16-2007

I didn't like Harry Potter 5 either, too much was cut out, and it was sort of disappointing, I didn't feel it did the book much justice. Shortest movie for one of the longer books, the DVD better have a lot of deleted scenes...
Old 07-16-2007

It will... and cost twice as much to give you what you wanted in the first place.
Old 07-16-2007

Tickets at my local theatre are only $5, not $10, as I'm guessing you were saying yours were...then again, popcorn and soda really rack up the price...