This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is better?
The Manga 29 34.94%
The Anime 24 28.92%
Indifferent 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2009
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
And I stand by those. They're my opinions, mind you.

Back on the ignore list you go. I should have known better than to try to reason with someone who thinks <facepalm> is an argument.
My point is your saying I'm getting upet and annoyed, and not making proper points and yet their is two points that show far more emotion than any of my points and look lot more like a childish comment made from anger than any of mine (I'm not saying I haven't be been childish, but who is one who makes nasty comments to other users, then when someone gives him little back, starts crying and saying "your on my ingore list" as if I would be upset by it <facepalm4> (I can do better points than facepalm, but they would just be wasted on you (this last bit was a joke))

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
If your life's goal is to become a 'God', then you have to be extremely intelligent to avoid being arrested for mass murder. He managed to avoid being caught by L and killed him. At this point, insanity seems to cloud his intelligence...
Light probably wouldn't have seen using others to die for him as God - like traits. Maybe 'necessary sacrifice for the greater good'. Unless his views on being a God is drastically different to everyone elses, which wouldn't be too hard to consider.
I think his judgement didn't get beaten by insanity, but more beaten by his own succuss, he won against everyone at first, which meant by the end, he almost thought losing simply couldn't happen to him, he thought that everyone would do just what he wanted and everything would go as he planned everytime, as that was what had happened everytime before:-

Scarily enough, I'm going to agree with Danni on something, he forgot that other poeple could do things as well and that he wasn't only who would make actions and he forgot that though he was brillient (in his own insane way) he was still human and he could misjudge things, such as Mikami (he also had bit of bad luck)

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 07-30-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2009

Blurb: "Quit saving the world and get a hobby!"

Matsuda was my favourite character. I liked the way he acted on emotion, and the way everyone thought he was an idiot. It takes skill to accurately handstand on then fall of a balcony, landing perfectly on a mattress. And I felt sorry for him, crying and shooting Light at the end.
Old 08-13-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkBiscuits View Post
Matsuda was my favourite character. I liked the way he acted on emotion, and the way everyone thought he was an idiot. It takes skill to accurately handstand on then fall of a balcony, landing perfectly on a mattress. And I felt sorry for him, crying and shooting Light at the end.
Matsuda, I feel, is the "audience perspective" character; we're supposed to sympathize with him the most. At the beginning, he expresses sympathy towards Kira's viewpoint while maintaining that what Kira is doing is wrong, and doing his best to be of help. Ultimately, in the end, he realizes that Kira's viewpoint is what caused him to be this way, and that's what makes him snap.

In the manga/anime, his experience with Light and his realization that Light was Kira caused Matsuda to emotionally snap; who he knew as "Light" was a lie. In the film, he is able to put that aside and do his duty, and that just made him all the more awesome. However, either way, he is awesome.
Old 08-13-2009

Blurb: "Quit saving the world and get a hobby!"

Yeah, I found myself sharing his views on Kira. I liked the part where he snapped - mostly because he'd seen and handled a hell of a lot of stuff before pretty well. It took me by surprise when Matsuda was the one to almost kill Light at the end and I think it made me like him a whole lot more.
Old 08-13-2009
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

same here....tho i still say Light shoulda won, being the main character and all
Old 08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
same here....tho i still say Light shoulda won, being the main character and all
Being the main character doesn't guarantee a win.

cf. Cowboy Bebop, and most of Shakespeare.
Old 08-13-2009

Quote:
Being the main character doesn't guarantee a win.

cf. Cowboy Bebop, and most of Shakespeare.
he has nothing ta do w/ anime

@1st ex: nvr seen it
Old 08-13-2009

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

Quote:

I think he has had a few manga vsrsions of his work made (A friend had one) So chances are there's some anime adaptions.
Old 08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
I think he has had a few manga vsrsions of his work made (A friend had one) So chances are there's some anime adaptions.
if so, thts the surprise of the century......
Old 08-13-2009

Quote:
I was talking storytelling in general.
Old 08-13-2009

Quote:
I was talking storytelling in general.
i know, but anime has different laws than theatre and real life
Old 08-13-2009

Blurb: Monster Hunter
Send a message via AIM to AsteriskRocks Send a message via MSN to AsteriskRocks

Quote:

You forgot Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1
Old 08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsteriskRocks View Post
You forgot Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1
wha.....?
Old 08-14-2009

Location: That box in your closet who watches you at night while you're fapping.

Quote:
Matsuda, I feel, is the "audience perspective" character; we're supposed to sympathize with him the most. At the beginning, he expresses sympathy towards Kira's viewpoint while maintaining that what Kira is doing is wrong, and doing his best to be of help. Ultimately, in the end, he realizes that Kira's viewpoint is what caused him to be this way, and that's what makes him snap.

In the manga/anime, his experience with Light and his realization that Light was Kira caused Matsuda to emotionally snap; who he knew as "Light" was a lie. In the film, he is able to put that aside and do his duty, and that just made him all the more awesome. However, either way, he is awesome.
Agreed. Matsuda's one of my favorites, emotionally. (The rest are only because they're pretty. >.>) He's the only one who actually made me cry at the end. Was sad to see him freak out like that, when he realizes "Light" was a lie and "Kira" was the truth.

He deserved better than what Light did to him. O:

At least in the epilogue, he seemed okay. <3

EDIT: and there's some "manga" versions of Shakespeare, yeah. Romero and Juliet is a manga, but it's not a true manga. It uses the dialogue word for word and just adds images in the same style as manga to tell the story. My library has a copy and I picked it up thinking it'd be a manga based on Romeo and Juliet. I was disappointed when it was just the script with pictures.

Last edited by VampireLemons; 08-14-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireLemons View Post
EDIT: and there's some "manga" versions of Shakespeare, yeah. Romero and Juliet is a manga, but it's not a true manga. It uses the dialogue word for word and just adds images in the same style as manga to tell the story. My library has a copy and I picked it up thinking it'd be a manga based on Romeo and Juliet. I was disappointed when it was just the script with pictures.
Well, if you want an anime-fied R&J, there's always "Romeo X Juliet".
Old 08-15-2009

Indifferent. I haven't read the manga yet. -_-
Old 08-15-2009
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkBiscuits View Post
Yeah, I found myself sharing his views on Kira. I liked the part where he snapped - mostly because he'd seen and handled a hell of a lot of stuff before pretty well. It took me by surprise when Matsuda was the one to almost kill Light at the end and I think it made me like him a whole lot more.
I felt they kind of built his character for it personally, I mean he was meant to be representation of the common man:-
=Not too bright
=Brave
=Succussful
=Ambitious
=Evil
=Good
....etc

He had these, they were just at normal level, which is why he was always overran by his surpiour counterparts, and so it was meant to be symbol of world, that where all surpiour poeple failed, the common man succeeded as it was for common man that Kira had to fall, therefore common man would make him fall (also probably meant to show that anyone can do anything, but not sure that DN is that kind of Manga:- )

AnimeX, I think he should have won, because it would go against normal writing (I mean it was too normal an ending, and felt it ruined an otherwise unpredictable manga)

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 08-15-2009 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-15-2009

Location: That box in your closet who watches you at night while you're fapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
I felt they kind of built his character for it personally, I mean he was meant to be representation of the common man:-
=Not too bright
=Brave
=Succussful
=Ambitious
=Evil
=Good
....etc

He had these, they were just at normal level, which is why he was always overran by his surpiour counterparts, and so it was meant to be symbol of world, that where all surpiour poeple failed, the common man succeeded as it was for common man that Kira had to fall, therefore common man would make him fall (also probably meant to show that anyone can do anything, but not sure that DN is that kind of Manga:- )

AnimeX, I think he should have won, because it would go against normal writing (I mean it was too normal an ending, and felt it ruined an otherwise unpredictable manga)
How exactly is a pitiful death by heart attack by a supernatural being a normal ending?

Unless you mean normal ending in the "the good guys win and the bad guys die horrible terrible pitiful deaths" kind of way, which makes more sense, since it is a normal way to end a story that involves someone "good" and someone "evil".
Old 08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
well the death can change in itself, but that doesn't effect the storyline and meant normal ending, in that person with grand plan to take over and change world is stopped and it was predictable (Don't read unless seen past halfway) [ One of things I loved about the first half was the ending to it, when L died, I thought right to the end, L would somehow win, probably in similar way to way he did in movie (though saw movie after read manga) and so when he was kill, I was amazed, which made all better read, then when Near and Mello came along from the start, you just knew they would stop Kira and plan's, because of course no publisher will allow someone like Kira to win ]
[ Mello's death was unexpected for me. He seemed stronger to me than Near, so I expected Near to die and Mello to live and solve the case. It was a good ending though, for Mello. I liked it, even though I was sad. ]
Old 08-16-2009

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04

...I like Chief Yagami
Old 08-16-2009

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

Quote:
Originally Posted by berober04 View Post
...I like Chief Yagami
Yeah, the true good guy in the anime.
Old 08-16-2009

and manga
Old 08-16-2009
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireLemons View Post
[ Mello's death was unexpected for me. He seemed stronger to me than Near, so I expected Near to die and Mello to live and solve the case. It was a good ending though, for Mello. I liked it, even though I was sad. ]
[ I agree, I liked his death as it was interesting, but felt he was always going to die out of two, because he was too much of anti-hero

though suppose harsh to call any of them full hero's or villains
]
Old 08-26-2009

Blurb: Sarago
Send a message via ICQ to Sarago
Default Death Note

The main selling point of death note was always the characters. I think Light was one of the more interesting protagonists to come around in a while. He was so different before he got the death note, and like we saw when he lost his memories for a while, if anyone else had gotten it he would have been first in line to bring him to justice. But he still turned into a monster in no time at all.
Old 08-29-2009

Send a message via AIM to PBnSpots

I loved the anime and I'm currently reading the manga. I freaked out at the end and I was crying. lol. Bt it kind of upsets me that Light didn't kill L...I mean I didn't want L to die b/c he was my favorite character, but it was stupid that Rem killed him even though it was Light's plan to get rid of both L and Rem. *sigh* Ah well.
Old 08-29-2009

i liked how teh manga ended, i finished it b4 the anime so i was annoyed bout some of wat they cut out (like finding out bout Sidoh) and the ending
Old 08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBnSpots View Post
I loved the anime and I'm currently reading the manga. I freaked out at the end and I was crying. lol. Bt it kind of upsets me that Light didn't kill L...I mean I didn't want L to die b/c he was my favorite character, but it was stupid that Rem killed him even though it was Light's plan to get rid of both L and Rem. *sigh* Ah well.
...Does not compute.

Why the hell would Light kill L himself when he could take down the person preventing him from killing Misa if he had to? Two birds, one stone.
Old 12-21-2009

Blurb: Not mentally an adult.

pst, Wammy's Boys fans:
http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...hp?groupid=199
Old 12-25-2009

what I've read so far the manga is extremely close to the anime (or rather the other way around), hope it doesn't go down the drain so badly after L's demise like the anime does
Old 12-25-2009

The anime is mostly close, but the ending is radically different in terms of events.

edit: Um, the manga came first.