This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?
Default The social Network

Who has seen this great film, the acting, the settings and presentation of the storyline made what was fundamentally a boring plot into a really great film, and really love that film is not scared about being considering to its own watchers, it makes you feel like an idiot when it wants too and doesn't care how shallow makes you look, which a bravery rarely shown in modern movies
Old 10-22-2010
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

I was taking the stance that a movie about facebook could only cashing in on a recent trend and couldn't possibly have any artistic merit. I've heard nothing about it and have been actively trying to convince myself this movie doesn't actually exist. Judging by the last movies you've made topics about, I was under the impression that we had similar tastes in movies. Is it really worth watching?

Keep in mind I have been to the theater three times this year (twice for Kickass and once for Inception) and I don't use facebook. What kind of audience is this movie aiming at?
Old 10-24-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

well I hesitate to actively convince you as this personal opinion and you may hate, but will say that I was same as you until I read a review by my fav critic who informed that not only was it directed by same man who did Fight club, but also that Jesse Eisenberg was in it and he is quickly becoming 1 of my fav actors, so decided to give it a chance, all the other characters are equally well cast and play their parts brilliantly, as well it talks in way you feel these people would talk even if distances itself from the watcher by doing this, but what makes this really completing as story is that there is no character who cannot emphise with, but no character is really good ether:-

=Mark is socially inadapt nerd and arrogant douche, but in end this comes from being outcast and not because bad person, which probably why so obsessed with being seen as famous and cool, something we can all correct with, however this doesn't justify his actions or make him likable

=Parker is a smooth talking and fast moving, self proclaimed cool guy, we all know someone like him and have a small veny of his status and ability to know just what to say and when, however he is also a vindictive coward who takes sadistic pleasure in making others suffer and in end you feel he only really does anything in order to revenge on people who never hurt him in first place.

=Enico is most likable character, honest, loyal and generally nice, sort of person everyone says want to be, but never really make effort to be, however he is not some beaten dog like he makes out lot of time, as he is just as much to blame for his misfortunes as those around him, while everyone else is trying to make big plans and really make this work, he is always trying to play it safe and be minster slow and steady, so he cannot be surpised when gets left behind

=Could do into the others, but won't as make own judgements, point is very character is so real and human in own way that really intense watch and so when couple this with great writing and acting, great watch
Old 10-30-2010

This is a great film. Kermode himself said that this will go into the list of Fincher classics. Who would've thought that a film about Facebook would be so good?
Of course, a large amount of the credit has to Sorkin, who adapted the book into the screenplay. It has been argued whether the films is good because of his writing or Finchers directing.

Well first off, the depth of each character is brilliant. The actors bring it about perfectly and we understand the situations from a much wider perspective because of our attachment to the characters. Zuckerberg is just... Wow. SO MUCH depth, yet we only see the surface of that. We know he's a genius, we know about his almost nihilistic view of everything. But we still feel connected to him as the protagonist and we still want him to end up triumphant. But we see the side of Saverin and we realise how much of a dick Zuckerberg is. At the same time, we feel for him because he's being manipulated by Parker. As I said, they're just so much depth in not only the characters, but the relationships between them. And this does largely come from Sorkins writing, which we can tell because it weaves into the narrative so well.
Saying that, it couldn't have been the same without Fincher. He understood what had to be done, what the characters and relationships meant and didn't cut parts out of the script, as other directors might. And, of course, that boat race sequence was just amazing work. The pace, the feel, the aesthetics, all brilliant.

If you want to see a film that reflects how good mainstream films have been this year, this is perfect. It's been an excellent year for the block busters (minus The Last Airbender) and The Social Network makes that brilliant link between the mainstream and the more niche type of film.
Old 11-29-2010

Blurb: urban

well i didn't watch this movie.
Old 12-02-2010

Thanks for your contribution.