This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Site Help and Suggestions > Help
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2008

Hello. I'm thinking of making a Metal Gear Solid abridged series, called "Abridged Gear Solid". If I can, I'll also make an "Abridged Gear Solid 2: Sons of Abridged" and "Abridged Gear Solid 3: Abridgement Eater". The only things I need are the ability to blank out the subtitles, in cutscenes and Codecs, and a microphone. Also, I will need to find a free website maker and good backgrounds and stuff. I'd also like to make YGO:TAS one of my friend-sites. Also, I'd need a good camera that has extremely good quality for even PS1 games, and a logo that says "Abridged Gear Solid". Any advice?
Old 05-22-2008
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Buy photoshop (Elements 6.0 is fine) ... buy a video editing program... you would need a camera that had an extremely high frame per second rate to stop the black lines from the screen... they could cost way more than is advisable for a project like this...

I don't know how others do it with Machinimation... you would probably be best off PMing Kroze and asking... he works on Eden: The Zhang Chronicles, which is an up and coming Machinima...

Maybe check out this Wikipedia article on Machinima and scrolling down to the bit on production methods...
Old 06-13-2008

[ "website maker" = Sucky website = No viewers = You crying.
"The only things I need are" = Bad grammar = No viewers = You crying.
]

It's obvious that you know the general idea of how you're going to edit the videos, but there's still things you need to learn. May I suggest spending some time practicing using spell check, and the programs you plan to use for the videos? Here's a few recommends for you.

Video Editor: Well, I'm clueless there. Sorrz. You'll probably want to buy one to block out the subtitles though.
Image Editor: Try GIMP, it's an incredibly good editor, and it's free!
Website Editor: Forget that. Use the below tutorials to learn all you need to know to make a great website.
HTML Tutorial: Start by learning this
CSS Tutorial: Learn this to make your website look decent
JavaScript Tutorial: You could probably get away with just HTML, CSS, and your images made with GIMP, but JavaScript will make your site more advanced.
Webhost: Try using this site to find the perfect free webhost for you, or purchase web-hosting services here.
URL Redirecting services: If you chose a free domain, shorten your web-address with this site, or this site. I suppose you could use both, however.
Old 06-13-2008

Heh, that funny, I tried to edit my post, and it double-posted. Strange.