This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007

Well, anyone has seen this great game? I recently bought it and I'm completely addicted. Post you opinions, commentaries, thoughts, objections, etc about this game here.
Old 07-16-2007

Recently played through Ace Attorney and Justice for All, and both were pretty fun - though those "case 4s" are always such, such crack.

I love the prosecutors: Edgeworth and the Von Karmas are just made of win.

Somewhere on Newgrounds there's a parody called "Phoenix Wrong", where people take clips from the game and add in random pop-culture audio, and the ridiculously well-done lip-syncing makes it wonderful.
Old 07-16-2007

I've seen those ^_^. Yep they are pretty fun.

I also agree the prosecutors are awesome (Not Payne, though he is funny). I haven't played Justice for All, but I've read about Fransizka von Karma.
Old 07-16-2007

I have both. I took my sweet time with #1 because I figured it was the only one America was getting. Now I'm still on case #5 on game #1, and game #3 comes out in about a month or two. Careful what you wish for, I guess.

Hey, to give this topic more discussion, who's your favorite PW character?
Old 07-16-2007

So far I'd say Edgey. ^_^
I can't say why, though. I guess it's because it's the most interesting character. I mean, no one (except for Gumshoe) ever answer "Name and occupation" the first time he asks for it. You just gotta love this guy, he's way too cool.
Old 07-17-2007

PW is pretty much the best game ever. I can't wait for 3 to be released ...in America!
Old 07-17-2007

I began this game on Friday, on the car ride home from camp. Today, four days later, I'm on the last case. I'm neglecting the two other games I'm working on to play.

It's scary how addicting it is. I only have the first one so far, though.

As for my favorite character...I can't choose one, I'd say. If it was top two, I'd say Phoenix and Edgeworth, but picking just one is hard. Phoenix alone is cool, Edgeworth alone is cool, but put them together and they are totally amazing. (I have this thing for rivalries, friendships, and all those relationships and how they change. I think it might be partially because I'm a sucker for drama.)
Old 07-17-2007

Ditto. I loved the first two, and am waiting on pins and needles for the third.
Old 07-17-2007

only a month and a half until PW3!!! WOO!

*runs around screaming*
Old 07-17-2007

Edgeworth pwns all others. I almost died from his sheer aura of coolness when he showed up in PW2 case 4.
Old 07-18-2007

>_> I want to get a cell phone, and then set the ring-tone to the ring-tone version of the theme from The Steel Samurai.

I'll try to avoid spoiling, augh, but the whole "Mystery of Edgeworth" plot line from Justice was just so... frustrating and tense for me. I actually shook my DS in rage when I'd conclude each case and appear to get nowhere closer to the answer, and started paraphrasing Abridged!Tristan.

Case 4 was just... wow. So intense. The music for these games rocks so much, too.

The bit characters are awesome, too, like Larry Butz and Wendy Oldbag and PEARLS is adorable (and I usually hate adorable).
Old 07-18-2007

I'm looking forward to the third game. Justice for All was a nice 'more of the same affair', but it lacked the flair of the first games and felt awfully lukewarm. Two things especially bugged me: they didn't retcon anything to imply that From the Ashes actually happened (which justifies Edgeworths departure from the prosecutors office a lot better) and there was no additional trial added to the DS version as in the first game.

The final trial of JFA was rivetting to read, but it wasn't nearly as challenging as From the Ashes, or even Turnabout Goodbyes from the first one. You just kinda... read it. As gut-wrenching as it was. Also, on the 'extra' bit of the ending if you get the right thing to Edgeworth at the end made me sniffle. I feel no shame in telling you that.

I've heard horrible things about the fourth installment of the game, but I'm holding judgement till I actually get a looksee for myself.