This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007

I bet some of you played Dragon Quest VIII in here. If you didnt know or know little then here's some important RPG facts you have to know.

Dragon Quest is the top and one of the longest series RPG game in Japan. Yes it is bigger then Final Fantasy and over sells it in its homeland. Each time a game comes out it will sell more then 4 million copies in 2 or 3 days. By this effect the JP government stated a law that the game can only be sold at weekends. It started in 1985 which is a year more eariler then FF. Its creators Yuji Horii, Akira Toriyama (aka DBZ), and Koichi Sugiyama. These three started the franchise and its still going to this day. By the third series which was in 1988 still at superfamicom(NES), it reached 3million sells and kids everywhere begin to kill each other for it. By 1989 it came to the States as Dragon Warrior, but Enix back then decides to cut the series after the 4th one. No one really knows why and it wasnt because of the sells for sure. Few years past and they renew it starting from 7 and so on. After the merger know as Square-Enix, DW/DQ games where whipe off the market from the merger. Years passed finally SE begin to renew the franchaise again. Of course this time they included a FF12 demo inside DQ8 for it to sell. I know most of who bought the game got attracted to the damn demo.

This is by far one of the best RPG out there, but its too bad really that people really whores out FF that other RPG games really dont get heard. The first one to come back again was the monster series, now its coming again with Joker for DS.