This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2013

Blurb: The internets favourite Scotsman
Default Futurama Cancelled

Quote:
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...cels-futurama/

This time, Professor Farnsworth does not have good news, everyone. Comedy Central said on Monday that it would not be ordering any additional seasons of “Futurama,” its madcap animated series about a hapless delivery boy from the year 1999 who is cryogenically frozen and awakens in the 31st century.

Comedy Central had itself previously resurrected “Futurama” from a long slumber after it was canceled by Fox. The series, from the “Simpsons” creator Matt Groening and David X. Cohen, originally ran on Fox for 72 episodes between 1999 and 2003. After Comedy Central acquired syndication rights to these episodes in 2005, four direct-to-DVD “Futurama” movies were produced by the Fox studio, and when these DVDs were successful, Comedy Central commissioned new seasons of the series, and began showing them in 2010.

Comedy Central said its final season of “Futurama” would have its premiere on June 19 and conclude on Sept. 4. Mr. Groening said in a statement, “I’m very proud of the upcoming season. If this is indeed the end of ‘Futurama,’ it’s a fantastic finish to a good, long run.”

Dave Bernath, the network’s executive vice president of program strategy and multiprogramming, said in his own tongue-in-cheek statement: “Having the opportunity to bring ‘Futurama’ back for 52 episodes over these last four years has been a thrill for all of us at Comedy Central. The upcoming season promises to be the best final season of ‘Futurama’ yet.”
Old 04-22-2013

Location: Surrounded by Daleks, the TARDIS nowhere in sight. Help!
Blurb: If anyone's stealing the Pharaoh's leather pants, it's me!

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! D: NOT FUTURAMA!!!! D':
Old 04-22-2013

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Old 04-22-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Its time for it to go. Better now than having it drag on forever and become less funny each season. Its had a good run.
Old 04-23-2013
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

I agree with Killshot; it is a shame it has to end, but this series is clearly the worst and I can only see it getting worse and worse.

To my mind, it is better for shows to finish on a high, like Faulty Towers, the Office (British) and Black Adder, than for them to suffer a slow lingering death like Friends or the Simpsons.
Old 04-23-2013

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

I will agree that Joey killed Friends, but would like to propose the theory that The Simpsons has simply left its gilded ages, just as superhero comics did 15 years before the funny yellow family, and has simply gone into its own dark age which comics eventually made their way out of just around a decade ago. To that end, would it not be possible that, with another change of writers, The Simpsons could wind up being good again? I mean, if a change of writers and direction could make everything you like (such as South Park, Family Guy, Futurama, Loony Toons, Tom & Jerry, and as stated the DCU and Marvel continuities) suck, couldn't another change possibly make them better than sucking? (like super heroes and Loony Toons)

I mean, surely if a long running character like The Doctor can have his ups and downs (admit it and you'll be happier with yourself) over the span of fifty years, isn't it possible for any show, given the right catalyst and time, to improve?
Old 04-24-2013

Blurb: My friends are mah power.
Send a message via AIM to Anixe

Well don't forget that most of these executive decisions are based on quantity, not quality. If the show doesn't have as many viewers as they expected and/or their merchandise ain't selling too well, then they'll pull the plug.

A fine example would be Young Justice's cancellation. No toy sales, no show. It's a sad thing, but it's true. If I am correct, Futurama's new season's viewers (and possible DVD sales) weren't as high as they expected it to be. Ah well...
Old 05-03-2013

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

it will be back
Old 06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
Its time for it to go. Better now than having it drag on forever and become less funny each season. Its had a good run.
I'm sad to see it go, but at the same time, it would become terribly stale if it went out much longer. Don't need it pulling a Simpsons.
Old 06-02-2013

Blurb: Screw the rules I have Godzilla! RAWR!!!

I don't really care either way... Family Guy is a funnier, smarter show so this is really no loss to television.
Old 09-11-2013

Blurb: The internets favourite Scotsman

The final episode was exellent