This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013
Always niggling about his title and May birthdays

Blurb: Some blurbs just like to watch the world burn
Send a message via MSN to biggles1 Send a message via Yahoo to biggles1

Hey, I'm going rifle shooting tomorrow (or today for me) and what is classed as "practical shotgun shooting" but is basically an obstacle course with targets and pump action shotguns on sunday. Yay freedom!
Old 02-18-2013
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

In my eyes, who fucking cares. Drugs are feared too much by the government, its selling them on the black market which is dangerous.

The only ones which should be illegal are cocaine and heroin, or those with similar effects, the former due to the aggressive nature and heroin due to its overwhelming addictiveness on not just an emotional and habitual level but on a physical level. Otherwise, I would argue that a good amount of drugs are relatively safe in their genuine form (aka not mixed by the black market), only causing significant harm to society or the individual if overtaken.
Old 02-18-2013
Destroyer of TV Tropes, Liberator of the Masses

Blurb: Hop into Gamertoads over on youtube
Hitsugaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornZombie View Post
Are you fucking kidding? Obama has ordered the highest number of drug raids like, ever. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1451744.html
Congratulations Obama you're not a complete numbfuck. (I however am, apparently :T)
Old 02-18-2013

Several of my Fiancée's housemates regularly smoke cannabis. The smell is hideously repulsive and makes their behaviour reach unacceptable levels. I find it incredibly pointless, reckless, and inconsiderate to use in the vast majority of situations.
Old 02-18-2013
Sex-Administrator

Thats their choice though, and while it may not be plesent to be around if you dont like it, aside from the smell, does it actively and regularly cause harm to others who dont smoke it?
Old 02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
Thats their choice though, and while it may not be plesent to be around if you dont like it, aside from the smell, does it actively and regularly cause harm to others who dont smoke it?
It has in the past caused some problems with specific people. I don't know all the history. I appreciate it is their own choice, but arriving back at the house every day to find it stunk out by weed again is incredibly repulsive, more so than tobacco is. Have you smelt strong cannabis usage grim? It sticks with you I'll tell you that.
Old 02-18-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

I knew a girl who smoked one marijuana cigarette and then murdered her whole family.
Old 02-18-2013
Sex-Administrator

Actually yes I have, I used to live with someone who smoked weed regularly. As I said it isnt really pleasant to be around, but that still isnt a reason for it to be illegal.

In fact, while off the topic slightly, I discovered something really interesting lately, that in the UK drugs laws were very liberal until the counterculture movement of the late 1960s, and then drugs which were related to the movement such as weed, LSD and MDMA, all three of which if taken sensibly in a safe environment are mostly harmless, were banned in 1971 and placed as class A drugs, which leads me to believe for here it was a means of supressing the movement. In America however, I cannot say, since drug laws were always quite restrictive there.

On an unrelated note, theres a debate tournament starting if anyones interested http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...16#post1639816
Old 02-18-2013
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
I knew a girl who smoked one marijuana cigarette and then murdered her whole family.
mine tend to skip the middleman and do the murdering themselves

they don't like it here in Georgia either, apparently
Old 02-18-2013
The worst kind of worst kind

Marshmallow

Selective enforcement of federal law isn't impeachable. It's not right, but it's not nearly an impeachable offense. Despite various state laws permitting marijuana's usability medicinally or recreationally, it's still a schedule 1 drug. Even though it's classification is dubious in the face of scientific evidence of real medicinal value, it's not appropriate to address this is by ignoring federal law, especially for the federal government. The only right way to resolve this is through reasoned debate and impartial scientific study leading to potential changes in federal law.

While I am of the opinion that marijuana has a myriad of clear medicinal uses, especially to alleviate side effects of those undergoing radiation or chemo, I'm not so sure that it should be permitted for recreational use. Personally, I don't believe that people should spend their free time using intoxicants. But, I do respect people's abilities to make that decision for themselves, so long as it's not harmful to others or overly harmful to self.

On another note, I hate the smell of it, I used to dorm on a floor above girls that would smoke too often. Smells trigger headaches for me, smoke is a big trigger of them, but there's something about pot that gives me MASSIVE headaches if I'm around it.
Old 02-18-2013

Marshmallow

Yes, as you wish, Holy Queen Spider
Old 02-18-2013

V:
Old 02-18-2013

Marshmallow

Christ, what an asshole
Old 02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
Actually yes I have, I used to live with someone who smoked weed regularly. As I said it isnt really pleasant to be around, but that still isnt a reason for it to be illegal.

In fact, while off the topic slightly, I discovered something really interesting lately, that in the UK drugs laws were very liberal until the counterculture movement of the late 1960s, and then drugs which were related to the movement such as weed, LSD and MDMA, all three of which if taken sensibly in a safe environment are mostly harmless, were banned in 1971 and placed as class A drugs, which leads me to believe for here it was a means of supressing the movement. In America however, I cannot say, since drug laws were always quite restrictive there.

On an unrelated note, theres a debate tournament starting if anyones interested http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...16#post1639816
I'll put it simply, I don't really think we should be putting chemicals into our bodies like that UNLESS
There is CLEAR proven medical benefits and usage in it. Weed has lots of supporters for this, but there hasn't ever been a large scale, conclusive medical survey. As such, ALL evidence for it's benefits must be taken dubiously until then.
OR the drugs pose no danger to people unless taken in hugely excessive quantities (i.e alcohol, caffeine ect.) as they are enjoyable and are proven to have virtually no side effects (or at least dangerous ones) when used sensibly.

Long story short, if it's not proven useful and essential or proven virtually harmless, we shouldn't be using it.

Same argument I have with people who say climate change isn't man made. Sure, it MIGHT be a completely natural phenomenon, but you can't claim all those gases and pollutants are doing any good either.

Quote:
lol, asked for it.
Old 02-18-2013

Blurb: [^_^]=Sex=Hot=Sexy=YG117
5th Anniversary
Send a message via MSN to YG117

blah
Old 02-18-2013

-buries yg out back-
she was loved by all and will be missed u_u
Old 02-18-2013
The Foreskin Queen Deserving of a rest

Blurb: <3<3<3 Rebbie
Send a message via MSN to TPishek

"Do you think Face wears a poodle on his head all the time? It seems like something he would do if he were black. No, not a poodle, a hat made of poodle skin with dreadlocks."

Thought I would share what Rebbie just said to me O.o
Old 02-18-2013

ohai Carolyn
Old 02-18-2013
The Foreskin Queen Deserving of a rest

Blurb: <3<3<3 Rebbie
Send a message via MSN to TPishek

Quote:
YOU TOOK THAT OUT OF CONTEXT
THERE IS NO POSSIBLE CONTEXT FOR THAT
Old 02-18-2013
Sex-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles1 View Post
I'll put it simply, I don't really think we should be putting chemicals into our bodies like that UNLESS
There is CLEAR proven medical benefits and usage in it. Weed has lots of supporters for this, but there hasn't ever been a large scale, conclusive medical survey. As such, ALL evidence for it's benefits must be taken dubiously until then.
OR the drugs pose no danger to people unless taken in hugely excessive quantities (i.e alcohol, caffeine ect.) as they are enjoyable and are proven to have virtually no side effects (or at least dangerous ones) when used sensibly.

Long story short, if it's not proven useful and essential or proven virtually harmless, we shouldn't be using it.

Same argument I have with people who say climate change isn't man made. Sure, it MIGHT be a completely natural phenomenon, but you can't claim all those gases and pollutants are doing any good either.
Granted not all drugs have fully conclusive evidence to support them, but I am going to look at a drug aside from weed which I would argue is even less harmful and yet is class A, MDMA. If taken sensibly, the effects it has are only short term, with the physical effects mostly being minor pain from body exhaustion, and stablise within a couple of days.

Also, I would say, while I wouldnt take either the drugs myself, weed is generally less harmful than alcohol, particularly in social scenarios. Likewise, alcohol hardly has little to no side effects. You do not have to being drink every night but regular consumption does have long term effects on your liver and such.

And we also have to look at psychology and economics. Getting hold of the drugs are expensive for dealers, so they mix it in with other compounds to bolster it. At a festival over two-thirds of ectacy pills were not actually what they claimed to be but were instead a combination of painkillers and other lesser drugs to have the same effect.

Likewise, since it is a law which bans people from doing something they percieve as pleasurable, they are more likely to do it because of the nature of rebellion against something suppressing their interests. This mixed with the dangers of dealing makes it logical to ban the less dangerous drugs, allowing more focus on law inforcement on the more harmful ones such as Heroin Cocaine and Meth.

Furthermore, expanding the drug sector to legal markets allows for expanded industries and higher taxes for government, allowing for them to spend more into other areas instead of spending on areas which do not necessarilly benefit the people. Just like with alcohol and cigarettes however, for the legalised drugs there needs to be PSAs about the dangers of overdosing, and regulations to prevent people purchasing too many of the drug.
Old 02-18-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Old 02-18-2013

Blurb: [^_^]=Sex=Hot=Sexy=YG117
5th Anniversary
Send a message via MSN to YG117

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
-buries yg out back-
she was loved by all and will be missed u_u
Old 02-18-2013

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

Oh BAR, you suck.
Old 02-18-2013
Destroyer of TV Tropes, Liberator of the Masses

Blurb: Hop into Gamertoads over on youtube
Hitsugaya

That awkward moment when deviantART is less laggy on IE than on Firefox, which only furthers my theory that deviantART has set something up that fucks up adblock.
Old 02-19-2013

must...slaughter....TV Tokyo....
Old 02-19-2013

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

lol, tite kubo, still trollin i see.
Old 02-19-2013

Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPishek View Post
"Do you think Face wears a poodle on his head all the time? It seems like something he would do if he were black. No, not a poodle, a hat made of poodle skin with dreadlocks."

Thought I would share what Rebbie just said to me O.o

Quote:
YOU TOOK THAT OUT OF CONTEXT
What, uh... what's the context of that then?
Old 02-19-2013

Send a message via MSN to Ninjasplaycardgames2 Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjasplaycardgames2

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post

must...slaughter....TV Tokyo....
Bleach sucks
Old 02-19-2013
General Staff

Blurb: The one, the only, the Dix.

*Fingerwag*

Not In My House
Old 02-19-2013