This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2017

Blurb: It's everyone else who is upside down
Send a message via MSN to Feball3001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakurachick View Post
hello. just checking in. im still around :)
It's a wild baku *throws a pokeball*
Old 04-22-2017
Lemon Stealing Whore

Well-Drawn Evangelion Yaoi Posted: 4,413
Fucks Given: -1

Old 04-22-2017

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

I recently discovered black mirror too. I love it. Went on the science march today too. That was nice.
Old 04-22-2017
Lemon Stealing Whore

https://www.twitch.tv/creamsodaprime
WATCH TPISHEK AND HER FRIENDS GET THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM
Old 04-22-2017
Has been noticed

Blurb: Yo.
Cobra
Send a message via MSN to bakurachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feball3001 View Post
It's a wild baku *throws a pokeball*
*breaks away*
Old 04-22-2017
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornZombie View Post
https://www.twitch.tv/creamsodaprime
WATCH TPISHEK AND HER FRIENDS GET THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM
why? nobody wants to see you fucking your wife and her friends
Old 04-22-2017
Lemon Stealing Whore

i would
Old 04-23-2017

Blurb: [^_^]=Sex=Hot=Sexy=YG117
5th Anniversary
Send a message via MSN to YG117

<_<
what up my glip glops
Old 04-24-2017
Lemon Stealing Whore

Old 04-24-2017
Always niggling about his title and May birthdays

Blurb: Some blurbs just like to watch the world burn
Send a message via MSN to biggles1 Send a message via Yahoo to biggles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOcean View Post
I recently discovered black mirror too. I love it. Went on the science march today too. That was nice.
Maybe one day I'll join a protest or march...
Old 04-24-2017
The worst kind of worst kind

Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by YG117 View Post
<_<
what up my glip glops
That is OUR WORD!
Old 04-24-2017

Quote:
<_<
what up my glip glops
how DARE you
-slaps-
Old 04-24-2017

5th Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
That is OUR WORD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
how DARE you
-slaps-
it's ok, my cousin is part traflorkian, i'm allowed to say it
Old 04-25-2017

woo, I passed Spanish with a 70! i barely made it but I did.
Old 04-25-2017

5th Anniversary

Quote:
Good job!
Old 04-25-2017

Quote:
¡felicitaciones!
Old 04-25-2017

Quote:
It must be all the New Mexican in you
Old 04-25-2017
Lemon Stealing Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles1 View Post
It must be all the New Mexican in you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqIJ7In35Ts
Old 04-29-2017
Draw all the things!

Location: The wind under my wings has carried me to where the sun sails and the moon walks
Blurb: Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy
Send a message via MSN to kudos

*breaks in* if anyone's alive, I'm streaming in a few minutes. Come hang out with me at twitch.tv/ArtofPraiseMoyer :)
Old 04-29-2017

Doing my driving theory test today. I had literally never heard of parking lights before yesterday.
Old 04-29-2017

....driving theory? the fuck is driving theory? 'round here, all you had to do was prove you knew the traffic laws and could operate a vehicle
Old 04-29-2017

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

I have so many feelings about Pushing Daisies you guys
Old 04-29-2017
Draw all the things!

Location: The wind under my wings has carried me to where the sun sails and the moon walks
Blurb: Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy
Send a message via MSN to kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
*breaks in* if anyone's alive, I'm streaming in a few minutes. Come hang out with me at twitch.tv/ArtofPraiseMoyer :)
at it again today if anyone wants to pop in and say hi!

Where do you live Biggles? WTF are parking lights?
Old 04-29-2017

Good news, I passed my theory test :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
Where do you live Biggles? WTF are parking lights?
The UK. Apparently they're a thing added to lots of cars around the world. The idea is that if you're parking on an unlit road with medium to high speed vehicles on it, the parking lights are designed to be left on overnight to help road users see your parked vehicle.

Yet nobody I have spoken to knows what they are and no cars we have nearby seem to have them fitted. So who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
....driving theory? the fuck is driving theory? 'round here, all you had to do was prove you knew the traffic laws and could operate a vehicle
Steps to become a fully licensed driver in the UK.

1. Send off for a provisional license. it's a green photo ID card that says you're allowed to drive on any roads except motorways (interstate highways for you) so long as you are insured and are accompanied by someone who is over 21, has had their license for at least 3 years, and is capable of taking over if needed (i.e they can't be drunk).

2. Pass your theory test. This takes place at an examination centre. It's a computerised test that throws you 50 random questions on everything from road markings and signs, to car maintenance, to first aid, to driving scenarios. You must get at least 43 questions right to pass.

2a. The second part of the theory is a hazard perception test. They play you 14 videos of someone driving and you need to click the mouse to 'flag' whenever you see a developing hazard. i.e someone about to run into the road or swerve in front of you. The sooner you flag the hazard the more points you get, maximum of 5 points per hazard. One video has two hazards making a max of 75 points. You need to get at least 45 to pass this part.

3. Pass your practical test. In this you have an examiner in the car with you, they start with an eyesight check (read a number plate at 20m), and some basic safety and maintenance questions. You then do about 40 minutes of driving during which you follow examiner instructions of where to go, and they will get you to pull over and do specific manoeuvres including a three-point turn, reversing round a corner (being phased out soon), and hill starts. If you make more than 15 'minor' faults (i.e not checking mirrors properly) you fail, and a single major fault (i.e something serious or dangerous like pulling in front of another car) is also a fail.
Old 04-29-2017

5th Anniversary

Quote:

The UK. Apparently they're a thing added to lots of cars around the world. The idea is that if you're parking on an unlit road with medium to high speed vehicles on it, the parking lights are designed to be left on overnight to help road users see your parked vehicle.

Yet nobody I have spoken to knows what they are and no cars we have nearby seem to have them fitted. So who knows!

1. Send off for a provisional license. it's a green photo ID card that says you're allowed to drive on any roads except motorways (interstate highways for you) so long as you are insured and are accompanied by someone who is over 21, has had their license for at least 3 years, and is capable of taking over if needed (i.e they can't be drunk).

2. Pass your theory test. This takes place at an examination centre. It's a computerised test that throws you 50 random questions on everything from road markings and signs, to car maintenance, to first aid, to driving scenarios. You must get at least 43 questions right to pass.

2a. The second part of the theory is a hazard perception test. They play you 14 videos of someone driving and you need to click the mouse to 'flag' whenever you see a developing hazard. i.e someone about to run into the road or swerve in front of you. The sooner you flag the hazard the more points you get, maximum of 5 points per hazard. One video has two hazards making a max of 75 points. You need to get at least 45 to pass this part.

3. Pass your practical test. In this you have an examiner in the car with you, they start with an eyesight check (read a number plate at 20m), and some basic safety and maintenance questions. You then do about 40 minutes of driving during which you follow examiner instructions of where to go, and they will get you to pull over and do specific manoeuvres including a three-point turn, reversing round a corner (being phased out soon), and hill starts. If you make more than 15 'minor' faults (i.e not checking mirrors properly) you fail, and a single major fault (i.e something serious or dangerous like pulling in front of another car) is also a fail.
Your theory test sounds a lot like our permit test.

I think testing varies by state but in Pennsylvania, we have to pass the permit test before we are able to legally learn behind the wheel of a car. So basically we do your step 2 first and your step 1 is a result of us passing it. We also need to have a physical done by our doctor and submitted to the DMV testing center at the time of the permit test.

I believe if you're under the age of 18, you need to log at least 50 or 60 hours of driving/wait 6 months before you can take the road test.

We don't have your hazard test, and you're given three tries on your permit to pass the driving test. If you fail the third time, you have to renew your permit. Not sure if that involves taking the permit test again or not. They expire after a certain amount of years, after which you'll need to renew it again.

I've heard they've changed the road test since I've taken it (like 9 years ago,) but it involves parallel parking and driving on the roads near the test center. You need to obviously maintain the speed limit and they try to trick you by telling you you can 'go through' certain stop signs on the road. I practiced a three point turn but I didn't have to do it. You also need to demonstrate that you know how to work the car as well, such as windshield wipers, where the brake and gas pedals are, ebrake, blinkers, etc.

And my road test wasn't 40 minutes, I think it was 15 minutes tops.
Old 04-29-2017

Quote:

yeah, you see, here was a little different

first you had to be 15+ to get your learner's permit, which basically took no work at all; long story short, you couldn't drive unless you had someone 18+ with a real license in the car with you, or outside of the state your permit is for

if there were any other restrictions, i've long since forgotten them

then after you turn 16, you've had 40 hours experience (and another 5 at night, i think...forgot the exact number there), and have done driving school, you could go do your road test which involved a short quiz about traffic laws, and actual car driving

the driving course differed depending on where you went, but you had to do a J turn (i.e. backing up and turning into a space between two "cars" [just cone outlines] without hitting the cones or parking so close that you wouldn't be able to open the doors), parallel park, and drive around a little on the actual road which, again depending on where you went, would either be some back roads with a couple stop signs or city streets (i had the former)
Old 04-29-2017

Blurb: It's everyone else who is upside down
Send a message via MSN to Feball3001

Quote:

I knew cars had parking lights on them, but had no clue that was what they were supposed to be used for.

Quote:

I believe if you're under the age of 18, you need to log at least 50 or 60 hours of driving/wait 6 months before you can take the road test.
Here you need to have a logbook and record 100hrs if you are under 25 no matter how long it takes to get. That is what my brother had to do. I just had to old my learners for six months before I could take the test when I sat for my learners.

Quote:
Your theory test sounds a lot like our permit test.

We don't have your hazard test, and you're given three tries on your permit to pass the driving test. If you fail the third time, you have to renew your permit. Not sure if that involves taking the permit test again or not. They expire after a certain amount of years, after which you'll need to renew it again.
When I was on my learners you could take the test any number of times once you were elegebale to take the test. You had to renew on the 1 year mark if you didn't pass during that time. I renewed mine once without sitting for the full licence because my mum was sick at the time and there was no time for driving lessons with everything else. I was able to get my learners as soon as I turned seventeen.

I'm not sure if that has changed or not with the log books but once my brother did his 100hrs he had to wait for it to be verrified and then get approval before he was allowed to sit his test. Brother was not able to get his learners until he was seventeen and a half.
Old 04-29-2017

Parking lights sound like a British version of hazard lights.
Old 04-30-2017

Quote:
Parking lights sound like a British version of hazard lights.
Hazard lights are a separate thing, although some people do seem to think it gives them the ability to park anywhere...
Old 04-30-2017

well to be fair, those things are a "need to stop HERE AND NOW" sign for if your car breaks down or something