This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2010

Blurb: F**K DINOSAURS!!!

well yeah, that kunoichi in Eureka is keeping me away from the masamune a little too well, so some degree of further powerleveling will be necessary.

Also, I have Ingus as a black belt, and he can pull off maximum damage with two boosts. A little more grinding and he should only need one boost to perform maximum damage.

Last edited by ChaosVincent1; 03-02-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-02-2010

Location: In the darkest depths of your soul, where I feed on your fears and insecurities.
Blurb: Fear me, for I am one to be feared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosVincent1 View Post
Also, I have Ingus as a black belt, and he can pull off maximum damage with two boosts. A little more grinding and he should only need one boost to perform maximum damage.
There is no damage limit in III. But, if you deal more that 9999 damage, it won't show the excess.
/nerd
Old 03-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

Gawd, nearly 150 days of playing dissidia, and I'm STILL nowhere near 100%...

Why must farming suck so much?
Old 03-03-2010

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

because it's long and tedious in an rpg, so it's gonna be even more long and tedious in a fighting game based on 12 rpgs
Old 03-03-2010

Location: In the darkest depths of your soul, where I feed on your fears and insecurities.
Blurb: Fear me, for I am one to be feared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
Gawd, nearly 150 days of playing dissidia, and I'm STILL nowhere near 100%...

Why must farming suck so much?
Have you used the Exdeath trick?
Old 03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issitheus View Post
Have you used the Exdeath trick?
Yep. I'm trying to finish off the last 5 accomplishments. Everyone's level 100, and Zidane, Squall and Tidus have everything mastered.
108AP is nowhere near fast enough for me...
Old 03-08-2010

Blurb: F**K DINOSAURS!!!

Roxas, I see why you hate the final dungeon so much. THERE IS NO WAY OUT UNTIL CLOUD OF DARKNESS IS DEFEATED!
Old 03-14-2010

Now that I finally got past the hell hole that is Giruvegan, perhaps I'll finally bother to beat XII. Assuming it doesn't throw an even bigger mapless maze at me.
Old 03-14-2010

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
Now that I finally got past the hell hole that is Giruvegan, perhaps I'll finally bother to beat XII. Assuming it doesn't throw an even bigger mapless maze at me.
That'll be the Great Crystal or something like that...big and bit tricky if you don't look for a map.
Old 03-18-2010

Blurb: ?

Heh, heh well I'm new so this is going to be about the subject *well normally I see subjects trail off... alot and I never read any others besides the first one*. Yeah I like the Final Fantasy Games own almost all of them FF IV is the best in my opinion *well simply because I grew up playing it pretty much all my life and simply knowing where to go next like it were the back of my hand*
Old 03-19-2010

This is my all time fav game series :D

I love FFIX, my first FF game was FFVIII, VII was one of the last games i played and i find it to be highly overrated. IMO it's not as good as VIII and IX. There has yet to be a main numbered game that i don't like though with the exception of XI which i dont consider to be a true FF game. I have never played XI though so I cant say wether its any good or not but i hate WoW and online games in general. mostly cause they charge u to play every month.
Old 03-19-2010

Are you kidding Final Fantasy games have been my bread & butter since I played FF6 for the SNES =P I've played almost every FF game except for XI cause I (& a few others I'm sure) don't pay to play for any game. (Even Final Fantasy)
Old 03-19-2010

Blurb: What?
Send a message via MSN to Murasame

I've played almost all the FF games too, bar III and XI. I have V but haven't got round to playing too much of it yet since XIII came along. My favourite is VI ever since I finally beat it last year when I learned the value of developing more than 4 characters. =P
Old 03-22-2010

FFI: Awesome 7/10
FFII: Best. Battle system. Ever. Brought a decent story to the table despite the limitations of the console, definitely a favorite. 7/10
FFIII: A bit easy for my liking, but tried to go back to the roots of the series with more content (though it was a bit early for that tbh) 6/10
FFIV: Awesome story, great music, must-play 7/10.
FFV: Did a lot more with what FFIII tried to do, better story, better classes. Music was exemplary but Blue Mage was op'd. 6/10
FFVI: This game... is a masterpiece. Truly a shining example of what RPGs should be. It has it's flaws, but for what it's worth it remains one of my favorite games of all time. 9/10.
FFVII: This game is... overrated. It's not the perfect, amazing piece of art that it is made out to be. Let it not be said that it wasn't good and fun. Mixed array of characters, some of which i hated, some of which I liked. 6/10
FFVIII: The story... ugh, do I even need to comment? So many gimmicks. One of the worst in the series. (FK YOU TRIPLE TRIAD) 4/10
FFIX: This one's hard to rate. It goes back to the roots of the series but the design is just... kiddy and weird. I was never fond of this to begin with. It was overall an average game to me, though I see why people see it as better. 5/10.
FFX: The battle system is really smooth and flowing, the design gets more realistic. It has a ton of flaws, but looking past that for what I play this series for, It's just above average. 6/10
FFXII: I... actually liked this one. As much of a 'traitor' as i'll appear to be in the eyes of most fans for doing so, it was a really nice technical upgrade for the series. As long as you realize that Vaan and Penelo have nothing whatsoever no matter what you try to tell me to do with the story, it's actually a surprisingly good game. 8/10

Let come what may.
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: The Keeper of Peace
Send a message via MSN to Zebra Unicorn

Ive played a few of them.

VI was very, very good. A perfect example of an RPG at it's finest. VII was and always will be overrated. Even when I went into it with an open mind, I just couldn't get past a lot of it. I found it almost insulting that someone on Moddb gave a rhetorical question that posed: "Final Fantasy VII, a great game or THE GREATEST GAME?" I even watched Advent Children just for the hell of it, and I couldn't get through it without laughing. It was a waste of time.

VIII I really didn't bother with. I heard about it's gimmicky storyline. IX I actually enjoyed. It wasn't as good as VI, but it was still fun enough to play. X I hated and sold a week after I beat it. I felt like I should have been doing something productive in the time I spent playing it. You know your playing a really bad game when you'd rather be doing something worth your time.
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: You would think I'd have learned by now, but no.

Lets see, of the Final Fantasys I've played, hmm.

FF:- Basic, Brilliant for it's time, still enjoyable now a classic. 9/10
FF2:- I just couldn't get my head around the leveling I'm sorry, however the last boss adds +2 just because he's crazy awesome 7/10
FF3:- Class system = Yay, Difficulty curve = Argh! 6/10
FF4:- I'm very very Bias as this is my favourite plot wise but I really can't fault this game at all, it's aged a bit but can still pump you up it kick ass and punch you in the gut to make you cry. 9/10
FF5:- Another Class system! And this one is even better than 3's! The plot lost me in places and the last boss was just so very very confusing but still very strong, +1 for Gilgamesh as well 8/10
FF6:- I love the plot, I love teh characters, but something about the way you learn magic and only being able to use one esper per character bugged me, a solid game but I thing the nostalgia goggles are on a little here 8/10
FF7:- The fandom around it and the expanded stuff excluded this is a sold game, a magic and weaponry system that fits in well with the plot, when cloud wasn't be mental he had up beat moments (mocking barret for looking like a giant teddie bear when dressed in the sailor suit comes to mind) so forgetting what it has become and remembering what it was I have to say I still love this game 9/10
FF8:- Daft as hell plot vs the most abusable levelling and magic system ever, Squall is so obviously forcing the emo you know all he really wants to do is punch Seifer in the face while yelling I AM A MAN! 6/10
FF9:- I love this game, Every character, every moment, the art style, the ability system, the plot, hell even the very final boss. Everything Final Fantasy ever was before the sci-fi shift that started in 6 and peaked in 8 celebrated and then some 10/10
FF10:- The voice acting, Oh my god, mostly okay but some parts where just, god, bring a mute botton folks. However, decent plot and great combat system (though I swear to god the spear grid bugged me at first) save it from a very low sore 7/10
FF10-2:- If I could just play the fights I would, as the ability to change class mid battle is amazing one you've cut the long ass animations out, however everything else is so very very bad. 4/10
FF12:- It's set in Ivalice! I can't help but love it! I'm so sorry! 7/10
Old 03-28-2010

Guess I'll rank what I've finished then...

FF1 - 7/10 Good for one or two playthrough's.

FF3 - 7/10 technically, I never beat the final boss, but it was good until the final dungeon.

FF4 9/10 Awesome story and characters, not OMGHAX hard like 3.

FF7 - 4/10 Without a 3rd disc I can't finish this either but from from the first 2, I'm missing nothing good.

Crisic Core FF7 - 9.5/10 ...Wow. I can't believe this came from 7.

Dirge of Cerberus - 6/10 It was okay.

FF9 - 10/10 Utter perfection. The Trance system is the only thing that even resembles a flaw, only because it auto
activates.

FF10 - 8/10 Can't see why the voicing acting's so hated. Sure, there were gaps, but the voices fit the characters. The random hand wavings are a bigger problem.

FFX-2 - 9/10 Why's this hated again?

FF12 - 5/10 The highlight is Gilgamesh, and he's just a sidequest...

FF Tactics - 7/10 Great story and characters, but it gets boring after playing the Advance version...

FFTA2 - 8/10 great characters and the battle's a lot more fluid than tactics.

FF12 Revenant Wings - 7/10 Fun strategic game, but if you're a 100% kinda guy, you'd better power level for the final boss >.>
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04