This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007

No, no, I'm pretty sure you heard that from generic gamer #5.

#5 is the guy who hates people that hate video games.
Old 07-17-2007

Mmmm... what I think of Jack Thompson...

Actually not much, don't really pay attention to bitches.
Old 07-17-2007

I knew there was something mental about him. Can we charge a lawsuit on him as pay back?
Old 07-17-2007

I pretty much see him as a whiny bitch that doesn't know when he's lost........

I mean come on how many studies have been brought up and how many of them have proven that there's no link to video games and murder? All of them.......

and yet he still continues to rant...........so sad[/sarcasm]
Old 07-17-2007

Actually he hasn't ranted in quite a bit.

... in fact this thread is pretty late.
Old 07-17-2007

Quote:
Actually he hasn't ranted in quite a bit.

... in fact this thread is pretty late.
Maybe... but he'll rant again... eventually. Just give it time.
Old 07-17-2007

I think he's done for awhile, especially after he lost his last case.

Seriously people. Take your head out of your XBox sized ass and realize Jack is just human with opinions. he doesn't deserve a fate worse than death or anything else. He's a gamer just like you and me with his own opinions on games, he just happens to have the balls to take those opinions to court.
Old 07-17-2007

pretty cool website here its great
Old 07-17-2007

hey does anyone know how to close an account here,because I have two accounts on this site,and I would like to close one of them. so if anyone knowes how to close an account on this site it would be great.
Old 07-17-2007

Yes he does eat kittens, along with Cuban children.
</stupid TV show reference>
I rather dislike that man. Enough, in fact, to pay money for a licensed T-shirt saying so.
And heavy, I'm sorry to say this, but he does deserve all this criticism. I mean, he tried to blame 9/11 on video games for crying out loud. If that wasn't a BS move to try and bolster his own career, I don't know what is.
Old 07-17-2007

Blue Flame, wrong forum.

Person with the cat-meme avatar, wrong. No one deserves such punishment the way you guys put it.
Old 07-17-2007

You're right about him not ranting in awhile, I also believe a reason for this is because of how he and Take 2 settled about him not talking against GTAIV........

anyway.........yes I agree completely with you when you say that he is human with his opinions, it's just about how absurd some of these opinions are such as him stating that "only a hitman and a videogamer aim for the head" (close to what he has stated), now that is completely asinine.........

and for those who want to see it an Attack of the Show episode where he is arguing with X-Play's Adam Sessler
Old 07-17-2007

what are you the avatar police. I dont say crap to everyones avatar icons, so dont say crap to me and that person with the cat picture and everyone else. by the way if you typ blue flame dragon on google image my icon will be there.
Old 07-18-2007

Jack Thompson enjoys sending meaningless lawsuit threats, it's one of his favorite pastimes.
Old 07-18-2007

Jack Thompson eats kittins covered in L'OREAL.

It's true...he almost ate my toy poodle while it was taking a bath. But he didn't eat it cause Dog destroys Jack. So Dogs are his Anti-Christ -_-.
Old 07-18-2007

No, it wasnt from generic gamer #5. it was from scott ramsoomair. the VGcats guy? Yeah. Him. A while ago Jack Thompson was filing lawsuits at the guy for making a comic about him, sending all sorts of threats and such. it made for a pretty funny comic later that week though.
Old 07-18-2007

out of all the issues to rally against or for he picked games

he couldn't have picked fighting world hunger or crime.... nope video games are the most pressing issue today
Old 07-18-2007

JT is a human with his own opinions. Fine. But he goes out, claims his opinions are fact, shows them as so, then refuses to back them up and gets all defensive about them.
Try reading this, (obviously ignore the bias that the auther gives and just read the e-mails) http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-individual/story/Dealing_With_a_Jack_Ass_Part_I/
And his wikiquote site:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(attorney)
Half of those are very closed minded and offensive. When Jack gives a single statement that actually has reason, logic, and a good argument instead of just insulting those who oppose him, then I will listen. Until then, he is just another moronic dumbass.
Personally, I think the best quote is "These flowers were sent to harass me."
(the story was that gamers sent JT flowers as a way to try and start a dialogue.)
And has anyone else heard the story of Jack donating money to charity? He wouldn't, so a website did and put on the cheque "Because Jack Thompson won't" and Jack tried to sue them.

This one just made me sick:
"You all are the new book burners. Heil PS2! Heil Halo! Heil GTA!"
Old 07-18-2007

WOW that post made no sense.

I wasn't making fun of his avatar, or you. I didn't see his name so I called him cat-meme avatar guy. Insulting? No.

Second, if you feel insulted for me calling you by your name but shortened, I think LittleUK would be cutting himself for what people do to Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series.
Old 07-18-2007

Still a gamer, still has his opinions. Like I said, he has the balls to take those opinions to court. If you're THAT angry with him, be a lawyer and help the companies he sues. OH WAIT THATS RIGHT JACK HAS MORE BALLS THAN YOU.
Old 07-18-2007

Sorry, where did you get this idea that Jack is a gamer? I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm curious, I had never heard that before.
Also, why on earth are you saying that Jack has more balls then me because he is a lawyer? I'm gonna drop it, 'cause I don't want this thread to be a flame war, but please, DDR, try not to troll, it makes the valid points that you make seem much much less believeable.
Old 07-18-2007

Someone went to the court case of the Bully game and was able to talk to Jack. Jack said he really likes games, plays a bunch on all three consoles, (Last gen at the time.) and he even had a DS in his pocket.

He has the balls to take things to court. I've yet to see someone like you have the balls take your opinions to court.

Trolling? I've yet to. I've joined this forum and I'm throwing my honest opinions about all subjects, sometimes even the users.
Old 07-18-2007

"OH WAIT THATS RIGHT JACK HAS MORE BALLS THAN YOU." sounds like a troll attempt to me.
But can you really say that "I've yet to see someone like you have the balls take your opinions to court."? So when Take Two sued JT, that doesn't count? What about the dozens of petitions flying around trying to get Jack banned from the Florida bar? What about when Jack was publically reprimanded? Maybe people are trying to take Jack to court but they don't get as much public showing as Jack does, simply because he talks louder then everyone else?
Also, how can you say "like me" when all you have seen is four or five posts on a webforum? Please try to think through how you are stereotyping me next time.

--edit--
Also I did a bit of research. It appears Jack does own a DS. There may be hope that he isn't closed minded after all :-)
However, from an interview I also found this:
"Are there any games you have personally enjoyed playing?

No. I have so little time on this earth that I choose not to waste it in what amounts to mental masturbation. I have played the violent games I have targeted to know what I am talking about. The stomping of women in GTA, in light of my representation of women who have been battered and raped made me nauseous. Anyone who "enjoys" a game like that is off his rocker."

source:http://play.tm/story/8809/2
Old 07-18-2007

No that wasn't a troll attempt. Like I said somewhere, a lot of you don't expect humor out of anyone else except LittleUK.

Oh man, Take Two sued Jack? i thought it was the other way around.

Getting banned from a bar? Relevant.

I'm trying to keep things to games here.

I said someone like you as if i was pointing at a random person. Humor rant.

Jack's a gamer. He just is. Perhaps not an active gamer or one who'd pick out a favorite. He IS a gamer.

On most forums nowadays that have a gaming section, discussion on Jack Thompson has been banned because all it starts is mindless flaming towards one person. it turns into a fest where people can insult one person over and over mindlessly. No humor involved, just a bunch of kids who think its fun to keep on making fun of a man. I do not personally like the man either for what he does, but I don't go around and say, "Jack is the devil!" "Jack does not deserve hell!" "Jack should have his cock cut off and shoved up his ass as we pour salt down his eyes, boil him in a large pot, and tear his ribs out!"

Seriously. people who say that ARE playing too many games at that point.
Old 07-18-2007

Yeah he's that F***er that wants to stop GTA IV from selling. He's an ass big time.
Old 07-18-2007

I agree with some of the things that you said. It basically drops down to my dislike of fanboys as well. People who just say "w0w, jt suxoroz lol" are irritating, but I have actual reasons for disliking Jack Thompson because he is actually a person who doesn't think to give actual reasons and just gets defensive and insulting when people question his opinions. Once he actually starts to talk properly then I will respect him. Until then, no luck for Jack.
Also, I am yet to see something which actually proves a link between video games and murderers/phsychotic behaviour/that sort of thing.
Old 07-18-2007

I don't mean to be rude or obnoxious here, but didn't Jack Thompson describe video games as quote "mental masturbation"? He also reportedly said that rumble controllers "gives you pleasurable buzz back into your hands with each kill." Can you say HUH?! He also accused the military for attempting to desensitize soldiers to violence by using war simulators to prepare soldiers for combat. I think something is seriously wrong with his line of thinking. (on top of all this he accused Janet Reno of being a lesbian)
Old 07-18-2007

Yeah, Jack has said some stupid things.

But none of you haven't?

I have. I once thought "lol" was some kind of smiley face that described worry.
Old 07-18-2007

But we don't go on record with these stupid things and claim them to be true, then refuse to admit when we are wrong.
Old 07-18-2007