This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007

Discuss the greatest game series ever here =P

I can't wait to play Phantom Hourglass. It looks like it will be more puzzle oriented than Battle oriented which I suppose is probably gonna be a good thing overall. Zelda games (aside from CD-i >_>) have always been great for puzzles.
Old 07-17-2007

I remember playing the original Legend of Zelda game on my NES!

Twilight Princess>Ocarina of Time>Wind Waker>Original LoZ>Four Swords

I don't know where to put Majora's Mask. The only thing I disliked about it was the three day thing. I always worried that I would forget about it and get a game over or not have enough time to work through a dungeon without using a strategy guide.

And I don't play any of the portable Zelda games.

The Zoras are awesome, [s]well minus Ruto[/s].
Old 07-17-2007

I can't wait to bomb dodongos!

Yeah. . . Zelda games are awesome. For awhile though, I always thought that Zelda was the main character, AKA I thought Link's name was actually Zelda. I mean, you'd think his name would be in the title. So that's what I thought. I was young and naive. =Þ
Old 07-17-2007

Well, technically you can name him Zelda with the name choice at the start of the game. But it would be awkward having two Zeldas. Wait...maybe I will try that. XP
Old 07-17-2007

Yeah. What I used to do was have one save file as Link, and the other as Zelda. Kind of funny in Ocarina of Time, when you talk to the princess, and she says "Zelda? That's a weird name." Or something along those lines.
Old 07-17-2007

That would make a very interesting screenshot! I think I am going to do that scene and take a picture of it and do something with it.
Old 07-17-2007

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, despite having the worst pun ever, is my personnal favorite in the series.
Why does Zelda get the game series named after her when Link does all the work, all she does is get kidnapped game after game. You don't see Mario games being called stuff like The Tale of Peach: A Plumber in a Tube.
Old 07-17-2007

Well do you really think you could name a game "The Legend of Link?" That just doesn't sound right. Plus, it can't really be named after Link since the player usually chooses the main character's name.
Old 07-17-2007

The fanmovie is called Legend of Link =P
Old 07-17-2007

What can also be fun is making Ganondorf say weird things with your name.
Quote:
"Curse you SAGES!
Curse you Zelda!!
. . .
Curse you Spork!!!"
Old 07-17-2007

I've watched LoL! It's great! I love the Yu-Gi-Oh reference in it. XD
Old 07-17-2007

Yeah =P But wasn't that Magic they were playing? =S
Old 07-17-2007

I love this series.

OoT>TP>MM. I don't play the handhelds that often although I've beaten MC and ALTTP. I also played WW, but I HATED IT. Early Cell Shading sucked.

I love Malon. She's my favorite character in the games. I just love her because she seems so innocent.
Old 07-17-2007

What self-respecting TAS-lover DIDN'T love the YGO reference? I love watching the, "It's time...to D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!!!" part over and over again. I mean, playing a "children's card game" for the Master Sword...GENIUS!!! XD XD XD XD XD

Anyway, Zelda is pretty much my favorite series of all time! It has a special place in my heart.
Old 07-17-2007

Yeah, OoT was the best Zelda game so far in my opinion. And on that note. . . Saria > Everyone else.

>_>

<_<

Just saying. Hurray for opinions.
Old 07-17-2007

i wonder whats for DINNER
Old 07-17-2007

I wonder what Gannon is up to!
Old 07-17-2007

as a nerd for zelda, i like them all...but none of you would agree with me this..... zelda 2 adventure of link is my favorite.
Old 07-17-2007

I never did play that. . . though I could download it on my Wii if I wanted to.
Old 07-18-2007

Quote:
as a nerd for zelda, i like them all...but none of you would agree with me this..... zelda 2 adventure of link is my favorite.
Wow... just wow. I never thought I'd live to hear someone say (errrr.... read someone's post sounds better) he likes Zelda 2 better than the others. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just everyone seems to hate it. I like it, it was refreshing and overall a good experience. I don't know why people complain about it so much.

Oh BTW, Zelda is my favorite franchise EV4H, and if someone dares to say otherwise, (s)he in big trouble >:( (nah, just kidding)

Anyways, I don't have a favorite Zelda really, because they all are so amazing, HOWEVER if I had to choose one, I'd go for Majora's Mask
Old 07-18-2007

I've played all the Zeldas, and find them all great.

My favourites being, Link to the Past, Links Awakening, Windwaker, and Twilight Princess.

Wind Waker would be better off without so much annoying sailing though, but I still love it...and enjoy it's graphical style much more than going back to the plain style of OOT.
Old 07-18-2007

such a great game ive played em all except DX and 4 swords
Old 07-18-2007

I could say like this. TP was just worthless. It was a fun game and all, but Nintendo forgot everything I wanted. What about sidequests? Use of items outside the dungeons? Or even Horseriding?! As soon as I could teleport, I never used that damn horse. Sure, I played 50 hours, but that was before I understood how much it actually sucks.

OOT and MM however, two really good games. Story, sidequests, use of items. These games have everything that TP is missing. And some replay value to.

But I must say. The best Zelda Game must be WW. Look, awesome graphics, awesome music, awesome sidequests, pretty much everything is awesome. Maybe a little more dungeons would have made it better, but I love it as it is.

Well, ALTTP is a good game. Or was. Today, it´s just a big nono.

I hope Nintendo make something good about PH. Defently gonna buy it. I mean, it´s the follow up of one of the best games ever!
Old 07-18-2007

I seriously don't believe LTTP is a big nono. I was addicted to it last week, and got my friend to love it around the same time. It's now one of her favourite games.

And Twilight Princess did have a lot of side things to do if you looked. Not as much as Wind Waker, but for sure they are there...and Horseriding has NEVER been a big part of any of the games. It was quite worthless in OOT, and never in another game other than Four Swords. I do believe TP showed it off the best.
Old 07-18-2007

oh man. i got pretty into ocarina of time for a bit... haven't played it in FOREVER though... maybe i should play it again?

but my ultimate love is twilight princess. i went around saying link is ]my video-game boyfriend. x3~

someone should say "hell yeah, i'm the mother f*cking TWILIGHT princess"

xD

i started to play a link to the past again. haha.
Old 07-18-2007

Zelda is one of the best games ever. I actually starting playing when Majora's Mask came out, and then I got addicted and played everything else. ^_^ I love Epona!
Old 07-18-2007

Zelda <------ My favorite video game series ever of all time.

I think I'm going to say what we're all thinking:

"I am Error"

What do you MEAN you weren't thinking that?!

My favorite game is OOT, followed in no particular order by MM, WW, and TP.
Old 07-18-2007

Twilight Princess was the best! I liked how the gameplay wasn't as frustratingly confusing as some of the other games. Not that I don't like the other games or anything! I've played all the 3-D Zelda games and the only 2-D Zelda game I've played is 4 Swords, even though I'm borrowing a disk with the older games on it I prefer to stay with Ocarina of Time. Am I missing much by skipping out on the 2-D games?
Old 07-18-2007

Quote:
Well, technically you can name him Zelda with the name choice at the start of the game. But it would be awkward having two Zeldas. Wait...maybe I will try that. XP
Well if you name him Zelda in the first NES game, that starts the 2nd quest without you having to go through and beat it the first time around. Never did beat the 2nd quest. Got hung up in the final dungeon and couldn't find the silver arrows. Found everything else, but not those arrows.
Old 07-18-2007

Zelda was my first ever video game and I still love the series to death :3 Though I was pissed off when they didn't announce a new one at E3 =_=;