This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
Translation: "I hate video games."
what's with that assumption. I own three different Nintendo Consoles. I've played Ocarina, link to the Past, both Time and Season, Link's Awakening as well as Wind Waker, Twighlight Princess and Four Sword Adventure.

So what's with the hate, I enjoy the series, but I don't like it as much as other franchises.

So stick a cactus up that arrogant butt of yours
Old 03-22-2010

Wow. Is it not obvious that he wasn't being serious?...
Old 03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohara View Post
Wow. Is it not obvious that he wasn't being serious?...
and does it matter that I can say what ever I want? Because its the internet?

You can be on the internet to talk back or just follow along. I for one like to talk back.

And tell a new member who doesn't know anyone one that site that he wasn't being serious, because I don't know anyone on this site and I am sorry that I cannot tell the tone or how his sentence was represented.

Last edited by 90HeroMAXD; 03-22-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-22-2010
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90HeroMAXD View Post
what's with that assumption. I own three different Nintendo Consoles. I've played Ocarina, link to the Past, both Time and Season, Link's Awakening as well as Wind Waker, Twighlight Princess and Four Sword Adventure.

So what's with the hate, I enjoy the series, but I don't like it as much as other franchises.

So stick a cactus up that arrogant butt of yours
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I wasn't trying to be insulting. I've never heard of anyone bashing Zelda as a series before. It seemed strange to me that someone who didn't like Zelda would be posting negative comments in the Zelda discussion topic. Usually a one sentence criticism of a popular game series means you are trying to troll the board. Because of the huge influx of new users, it is harder to tell who is a troll and who is just new. I see now that you are probably not a troll and I will remember that in the future. Just be more careful about making criticisms of popular things without backing up your argument.
Old 03-22-2010

Location: If there's a bright center to the galexy I'm on the planet that it's farthest from.
Blurb: Bollocks is my favorite word.
Send a message via AIM to Toa Lord Sothe Send a message via MSN to Toa Lord Sothe

Guys!

Cut the shit.
Old 03-23-2010

Quote:

You can be on the internet to talk back or just follow along. I for one like to talk back.
...no, you can say what you want. That's not the problem - I was just defending killshot in reply to your insult (the cactus one), which was uncalled for.

And hey, it's not like I'm trying to argue with you. No need to get defensive.
Old 11-14-2010

My personal favorite is Twilight Princess, but as I have NEVER played Ocarina of Time of Majora's Mask (Though I REALLY wanna), I can't give much intelligent insight to this conversation.
Old 11-14-2010

Stop before we get reported and this thread is removed... I've seen it happen before. A LOT.
Old 11-14-2010

Blurb: No. 8014

They did stop...
8 months ago

But yes, although I like the series I personally believe that it is getting old (I have never been a fan of Franchises)
I didn't enjoy any of the DS versions of the game, and the console versions seem to be hit and miss with me (I loved Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time... but WindWaker was all together a tedious adventure.)

However, to recapture my youth I usally go back and play the two Oracles (Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages). They are still epic games that I enjoy to play repeativly =S
Old 11-14-2010

Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90HeroMAXD View Post

And tell a new member who doesn't know anyone one that site that he wasn't being serious, because I don't know anyone on this site and I am sorry that I cannot tell the tone or how his sentence was represented.
FUCK YEAH ANCIENT TROLL IS ANCIENT!
Old 11-17-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Blurb: My kitties are doopy and floopy, and I love them!
Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

I'm playing ocarina of time for the first time right now. I didn't play any video games growing up, so this is only my third game ever (Chip's Challenge and Kingdom Hearts are the others) but my friend Eden is a Zelda maniac, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
I'm about halfway through the Spirit Temple right now. =)
Old 11-17-2010

Blurb: Omae wa mo shindeiru

how long did it take you to do the water temple/your opinions on it?
Old 11-18-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

it took me about as long as any of the other temples (about five hours). I liked the water temple, tbh. The constantly changing dynamics of which weapons you could use (only hookshot underwater) and the different vertical levels of the temple were interesting. I also liked the decorations/environment of it.
I do wish the boots had been easier to take off and put on though. the boss was really easy too. =/ and the song to get to the lake is the most boring one of all the temples.
Old 11-18-2010

Blurb: DRIVING!!!

I'm a HUGE Zelda fan. I've played just about every Zelda game at least once, and I've even played a lot of Zelda fangames on Zelda Classic, too!

I wonder why the CD-i games get no wubbins here... they're a great fountain of memes, and are very useful as reference material for any abridged series! For example... "Dinner", and "Squadalah", and "Mah boi", and "YOU MUST DIE!!!"... and did I mention "dinner"?
Old 11-18-2010

a source of memes does not indicate if anything is good. Just look at those M. Bison "Yes! Yes!" and "This is delicious" memes. That show sucked big time.
Old 11-19-2010

Blurb: Eternally balancing well mannered and insane natures
Send a message via MSN to ggbhtg

I'm playing Link to the Past and just started on Dungeon 7, Turtle Rock.
Old 11-21-2010

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

Quote:
If you haven’t played A Link To The Past, you aren’t a gamer.

Source: http://www.sydlexia.com/snes100/snes01.htm
Trufax.
Old 11-21-2010

ok random internet guy....I'm playing now, so....which, is ironic, because I play games a LOT less than when I was young. OoT and MM don't count?
Old 11-22-2010

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbhtg View Post
ok random internet guy....I'm playing now, so....which, is ironic, because I play games a LOT less than when I was young. OoT and MM don't count?
A Link to the Past > OoT and MM. This is an indisputable point and attempting to do so automatically makes you a troll. I'm not saying that you, specifically, are disputing this, but I know some smart-ass is going to try it ... and it's usually some kid born in the 90s with no appreciation for the classics.

While OoT and MM are great games in their own right, A Link to the Past represents the best of the Legend of Zelda series. Not only that, it was with A Link to the Past that we originally got all the cool stuff you see in OoT and MM.
Old 11-22-2010

No prob there. I LOVE the classics. I can see OoT pulls from this. A few things I can think of (that may or may not be true) are falling through holes to get to floors, boss room keys, and the charged spin attack.
Old 12-04-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

finished Ocarina of Time. I liked it :D
Old 12-04-2010

I spent 3 whole days in the Water Temple. I got to a point where I needed a key I couldn't find, which is why I spent 3 days looking. I eventually decided to use a walkthrough on the 3rd day when I found out after raising the water level to the middle height inside the central building I go down the hole. Something I completely missed.

And then I did the same thing after the Dark Link battle where I missed the passage behind the longshot treasure.
Old 12-06-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

The only thing I used a guide for was to find the heart pieces, cause they're all scattered in random holes hidden next to trees and stuff. :/
Old 12-07-2010

Blurb: This blurb allows me to defy the page's symmetry. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I've literally never beaten a video game before. But Ocarina of Time will be the first one, I swear!!! If I can do it without using a guide will be another matter, however...
Old 12-07-2010
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

I love LoZ. I'm not nit-picky about the games, which is why I enjoy all the Zelda games I own. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Ocarina of Time: Master's Quest, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Minish Cap.
Old 12-07-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyG57 View Post
I've literally never beaten a video game before. But Ocarina of Time will be the first one, I swear!!! If I can do it without using a guide will be another matter, however...
it was my second (technically third) with kingdom hearts (and chip's challenge) before it. and I did it without a guide, so you'll be fine =)
Old 12-07-2010

hm...did we use a guide for OoT? Maybe once, possibly for Water Temple and to get Adult's Wallet, but my sis was pretty pro at it. We weren't 100%, do everything-completists, though.

I'm uber guilty with Loz 1 and MM. Kafei's mission took too long and F*CK YOU STONE TEMPLE.
Old 12-07-2010

i had to use a guide of OoT. I forgot where I was at, but I gave up on the game for a while cuz I couldnt get past something. I eventually beat it though
Old 12-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigal View Post
it was my second (technically third) with kingdom hearts (and chip's challenge) before it. and I did it without a guide, so you'll be fine =)
You beat chips challenge? Was it without using the passwords to skip most of the stages? If so you are my hero.
Old 12-08-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

yes. :D