This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2009

Blurb: How do I activate blurb?
Default The Greatest Video Game You Ever Played

Have you ever played a video game so amazing that you suggest it to everyone?

Mine is Ocarina of Time. Memorable music and charaters, an awesome story, and awesome gameplay. If you hate, I want to know what games you have been playing.
Old 05-10-2009

Blurb: Male abuse - I'm for it, and even against it.

Baldur's Gate Saga. "Memorable music and charaters, an awesome story, and awesome gameplay." fits the bunch as well. This saga is great, non-linear enough to not limit the epic story, and offers a lot of replayability. The best cRPG storyline I've encountered (note though I didn't play Planescape: Torment and can't compare). And music? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHjdq6SFkQ 'Nuff said.

Also, Fallout Saga. The story isn't as epic as BG, as it's aspect kicks in only about halfway through each game, it has less memorable characters (But if they kick butt, they do it with 200% efficiency. The Master FTW!) and the fightning system could be better... but it does an awesome job in giving you a lot of choices for your character to make and having a great atmosphere that sucks you within the game and won't let you go. You aren't limited by anything, you can be a badass gangster or a goody-goody two shoes. A pacifist or a murderer. The only (good) game in which you can hit children in the groin with a Sledgehammer. I played through the first game four times, and through the second - two. And there's still a lot I can explore. Although Fallout 3 is a bit of a downfall and I consider it inferior to the first two.

StarCraft (including Brood War). A timeless classic that people still analyse it and check out strategies. Some people say it's a dumb Warhammer expy, and those people suck. Also, it has a gripping storyline and kickass music. The storyline is as kickass as is the multiplayer - memorable characters and terrifying villains... I LOVE this game. (Also, awesome cutscenes)

Those are the three masterpieces and classics I recommend to everybody.
Old 05-10-2009

The World Ends With You, Resident Evil 4 and the first installment of the Metroid Prime series.
Old 05-10-2009

DBZ Budokai the series
Old 05-10-2009
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

The World Ends With You

play it. now.
Old 05-11-2009

^ YES! :D
Old 05-11-2009

I want that game ^^

hehe i guess my favorite has to be somewhere between the sims and harvest moon lol

:D
Old 05-17-2009

Twilight Princess. It's more of the Zelda series I love, but more refined, with a more complex story and returning to a serious art style. But I still have to acknowledge Ocarina for making the much more revolutionary jump into 3D. Make it a close second.
Old 05-18-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
Old 05-18-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to XxEnslavedNekoxX

Phantasy Star IV and Okami seem to be the two I try to get everyone to play. Though there are alot more great games out there like Fable II and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (once I figured out how to work the camera)
Old 06-05-2009

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
Best game ever!
Old 06-06-2009

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. The cut scenes looked very good, the character's actually had funny and interesting personalities, the storyline was very well put together, and there were many many plot twists. You really never knew what the character's were going to say/do next. I still love that game. X3
Old 06-06-2009

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04

Hmm... either Elder Scrolls Oblivion or TF2. I had a major additcion to both (I bought the Orange Box strategy guide JUST for TF2 and at one point I was doing 80 hours in 2 weeks =/ )
Old 06-07-2009

Blurb: BLURRRR TO YOU TOO!!

call of duty-i love shooter games they are so great to play and yes im a girl haha ive only played a couple but im getting cod5 soon so i cant wait everyone says its the best one ive only got a wii so ill get it on that

redsteel-love this game so much the control are amazing can't wait for the sequal though i wish it was more shooter

no more heroes-great game it play so funny and excellent to play i love it may play it again soon the opponants are all unique and fantastic and the music

the world ends with you-an amazing ds game with twists and great characters its one of the best ds games eva and music is amazing

Jak and Daxter series-only played the first two but getting the others they are an amazing series competitive at some missions but worth it when youve done it and music

resistance- played in on my cousin in law's ps3 its amazing though the mental ones with the big mouth scare the c*ap out of me haha
The Grand Theft Auto series- its great though i hate when i can't finish a level and then after a while i stop playing

zack and wiki-i used the internet a lot for this game and the first wii game i got its a great game the characters are so funny and the first time ive liked monkies and pirates (pirates of the carribbean also)

kingdom hearts-an amazing characters and story lines with so many things happening and characters from other games that you love, unique characters and personalities and music

naruto ultimate ninja series- each game is better than the previous one the 3rd was the best with an rpg mode and stories and new missions and quests people who love the anime series like me will love it cause you get to play your fav character and fight ones you dont like haha

okami its a beautiful game with a wolf as the main character ^_^ and music

and of course pokemon come on it is though who says that they hate the pokemon games

Last edited by darkmagiciangirlred; 06-07-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2009

My favs have to be Twilight Princess, Radient Dawn and FFXII
Old 06-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by berober04 View Post
Hmm... either Elder Scrolls Oblivion or TF2. I had a major additcion to both (I bought the Orange Box strategy guide JUST for TF2 and at one point I was doing 80 hours in 2 weeks =/ )
Good god I put so many hours into Oblivion. That was an excellent game. But I was sad [ when Lucien got killed. I really liked him ;_; ]

@DarkMagicianGirlRed - Thank god! Someone else who has played the game and enjoys it. I'd high five you but you live in england lol
Old 06-08-2009

Send a message via MSN to xellos88

1st place: FFVII
2nd place: Silent Hill-Chrono Trigger
3rd place:Castlevania SotN-Super Mario RPG
4th PLace: Super Mario world-Shadow of the Colossus

Last edited by xellos88; 06-08-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2009

Blurb: No. 8014

I don't HAVE a favourite, So I will list it in all different types
So here goes

RPG: Golden Sun
Most people who have played both the original and sequel can see why I chose this as number 1 RPG. Good story line, Interesting characters hell it has great charm aswell. I would give this almost perfect if anything, And sure as hell would recommend it.

Adventure:
Pokemon Gold & Silver
Amazingly, I did not rank any LoZ up there because Pokemon is by far better :P
Pokemon Silver was the best game I played as a child and might still be the best now.

Shooter:
Timesplitters
Handhelds success in titles could last for long but not in this category as timesplitters takes its place up the top, Any of its sequels aswell is worthy enough for this title and out ranks modern titles such as CoD or Halo.

Strategy:
Sims
Away from consoles now as the Strategy of keeping someone alive takes place. I did not choose a war strategy for this because there was always an end, And at that end there was either replay value or not, And then... Meh
I the Sims I never got bored as even when I reached the best my Sims could be, Then I had to do other things, Kill people off, Create areas, whatever.

More soon, Can't be bothered now :P
Old 06-08-2009

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxEnslavedNekoxX View Post
Good god I put so many hours into Oblivion. That was an excellent game. But I was sad [ when Lucien got killed. I really liked him ;_; ]

@DarkMagicianGirlRed - Thank god! Someone else who has played the game and enjoys it. I'd high five you but you live in england lol
I never got that far into the story, or any really. I just walked around, selling all the mages guilds alchemy gear and enchanting stuff i'll never need
Old 06-08-2009

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

It's a tie between Final Fantasy 9 and Chrono Cross.

FF9 was a revolutionary FF game for me. Awesome characters, music, story...

Chrono Cross was a revolutionary rpg to me, it was different from the nom and it was amazing.
Old 06-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by berober04 View Post
I never got that far into the story, or any really. I just walked around, selling all the mages guilds alchemy gear and enchanting stuff i'll never need
They had some really good story lines. I liked how each one had a little begining and ending. The main ending to the main story kinda sucked. But the side quests were fun for the most part. Atleast with the guilds. I loved the Dark Brotherhood and the Mage guild the best. I was getting bored with the fighters guild until the Skooma incident. I wish I had never traded in that game. Just means I need to buy it again and replay it.
Old 06-13-2009

Blurb: Butt Bongos
Send a message via MSN to potatoman4

Disgaea DS.
Only hand held game ever that got 250+ hours out of and there still more to do.
It has 2 stories, 5+2 endings, 7 uber bosses, level 9999 is the max level, as many 100 floor dungeons as there are items and about 20 characters to make.
Old 06-13-2009
AssterGray Mod

Blurb: i set my clocks early cos i know i'm always late
Send a message via MSN to AsterGray

Ps1: FF9 and metal gear solid
Ps2: Persona 3, then P4 and MGS 2
Ps3: oblivion and fallout 3
Old 06-13-2009

Because I completed it today, Resi 5 is one of the best games I've ever played, not THE best but one of the best!! (y) ^^
Old 06-15-2009

Blurb: No. 8014

Portal
Its up there alright
Best puzzle game EVER
Old 06-23-2009

Final Fantasy VI..Kupo said
Old 06-23-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Twilightyami7

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
Old 06-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightyami7 View Post
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
... you gotta be kidding.
Old 06-24-2009

The Umbrella Chronicles wasn't even half as good as RE4. :|
...but hey, I suppose that's your opinion. I'm going to take a stab at the fact that you just haven't played RE4 before.
Old 06-24-2009

Old sonic games are epic (notice I said OLD) :D