This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2009

Secret of Mana of course
Old 09-20-2009

Blurb: Remember! Pain is only funny when you have'nt got it.

The Monster Hunter Series is Epic
Old 09-22-2009

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time.

Best game ever! But there are so many games out its hard to choose just one.
Another good game is Final fantasy X, its fun to play.
Old 09-22-2009

Blurb: ???? ?????!

Fire Emblem 7.

Also Melee.
Old 09-23-2009

Blurb: I was very annoying in 2009
Marshmallow

Pokemon Puzzle League :V
Old 09-23-2009
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Gale View Post
Fire Emblem 7.
I love you.
Old 09-24-2009

Blurb: "I hope the island doesn't swim away or something...that would ruin my day"

Let me state this: I was never and am not a huge gamer. I have only played a limited amount of games, so I might not have played your favourite games. Here goes...

Jak 3 (PS2)
Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
Pokemon Yellow (Gameboy...this was my first videogame ever)
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP)
Old 09-25-2009

I've played my fair share, and almost all the titles mentioned in the thread...

But my personal top 5 extravaganza would be Wind Waker, Persona 3:FES, Phoenix Wright 3, Mother 3, and Persona 4 or Mario Galaxy. [Depends if we go by some silly 1 per franchise rule or not]

Hard to limit it to five, but these are the games that blew my mind the most,
even after years and hundreds of games of experience.
Old 10-02-2009

Probably... Luigi's Mansion.
Old 10-06-2009
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

PS2: Red Faction 2
Xbox360: Left 4 Dead
DS: The World Ends With You
Gameboy: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Old 10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusRocks View Post
DS: The World Ends With You
Hooray!
Old 10-07-2009

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

I've been playing the crap out of this game. I haven't been doing my Spanish homework because of this game. I don't think I'll get bored with it until I beat it and get Scribblenauts.
Old 10-08-2009

Blurb: The internets favourite Scotsman

That new Batman game ia amazingly good
Old 10-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CELTICfan1888 View Post
That new Batman game ia amazingly good
Glad somebody here likes it. I love how they got all the voices from the animated series. Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, and Harley even has that "Hey Mister J!" voice. I was tingling from the nostalgia of it.
Old 10-11-2009

So, my soul is currently being consumed by Portal.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I can't remember because I'm too busy thinking with portals.
Old 12-22-2009

Blurb: Go check out SMA. DO IT NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasman001 View Post
The Wii version of TP was mirrored IMO

but back on topic.

Mega man legends 2

Mega man 3

Monster hunter

Mega man powered up.

Marvel VS capcom 2

(there is something in common with all of these games, and once you realise what that is, you will think my opinion on games is really biased >.>)
You're biased toward Capcom games, aren't you? Anyway, back on topic.

Favorite RPG: Golden Sun. I mean, not only was the gameplay and concepts great, but the characters actually made me laugh and yes, even cry at the appropriate moments. Also, the world is big without being too sprawling.

Favorite adventure: Pokemon(mostly Gold/Silver/Crystal). Yeah, I didn't choose any of the Legend of Zelda games, but that's only because I don't like intricate puzzles.

Favorite shooter: Ratchet:Deadlocked. The point system was interesting, the weapons(and names) were Awesome with a capital A, the dialogue was funny, the control was smooth, and the setting was interesting, and reminded me of something I can't quite put my finger on...

Favorite Turn-based Strategy game: Heroes of Might and Magic III(3). This game was just flat-out great. Yeah, sure, there were some flaws(crashing, though that was probably XP's fault...), but they were so small that the good things made me completely forget about them(other than crashing...). It's got good variety without overloading you with choices, it's complex without being confusing(after the initial confusion that's at the beginning of almost any game...), and it's realistic(ish) without losing the [lame pun]magic[/lame pun] of a fantasy game.

Favorite Real-time Strategy game: Empire Earth. It's relatively complicated, but I got along just fine. It's also the only game that I can cheat with against the CPU, which is hilarious. I'd never cheat against another player, though. Although I prefer the Art of Conquest expansion. I never played EE2, and I thought EE3 was dumbed down to the point of insanity, but the original will always be my favorite RTS ever.
Old 12-26-2009

http://www.videlectrix.com/wheresanegg.html

Game of the Year 2009. I don't care when it was made.

I actually don't play many video games, except for the occasional experimental indie freeware title... But I really enjoyed Earthbound and Chrono Trigger, even though I played them about fifty years after most people did. That's how good they are.

ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME: Saying you hate this game is like saying you hate pizza, Star Wars, or Leonardo Da Vinci. Even if you think it's overrated, even if you think the game has legitimate flaws, your criticisms will be lost in the depths of the abyss. Why, you might as well claim that the dialogue in "Empire Strikes Back" is subpar! There's just something about it that transcends the dated graphics and the lack of all the bells and whistles that today's gamers seem to expect and demand from every new release. And I actually played it within the last year or two on the Wii's VC, so the memories are still relatively fresh.

CAVE STORY: You can download this legally, for free. Go ahead, do it. It's the product of a Japanese programmer toiling away in his basement for five years, and it shows. For a sheer labour of love, it easily beats most modern games in my opinion- What kind of big-name company would green-light a lovingly pixellated, action-adventure epic about an amnesiac robot who finds himself fighting to save a village of rabbit-like creatures from a megalomaniacal doctor and a horrifying secret buried deep within the earth? And somehow, there's an undercurrent of deadly seriousness here that really hooked me into the plot and characters.

EARTHBOUND: The guy who made this game is not a gamer, nor a developer. He's a writer, a popular author in Japan, and an interviewer of celebrities. If you can't love a game that involves using an item shaped like an eraser to remove another item shaped like a pencil, this game probably is not for you. And neither is laughter. The kind of laughter that comes from erasing a pencil.

ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK: I'm actually in the middle of playing it for the first time, and despite all the frustration, its treatment of time-based mechanics seems wayyy ahead of its time. There's never been a game quite like it, but there will be, if we're lucky.
Old 12-26-2009
Possible Homersexual

Blurb: The MistakenLoner
Send a message via AIM to ThePRPD Send a message via MSN to ThePRPD

A lot of games for me are to close to call but my favorite first person video game would have to be "Prey".

The way it's done and the story line itself is just fantastic and it's confirmed from it's ending that a sequel will/might be done.
Old 12-26-2009

story-wise:

Baldur's Gate trilogy (best overall story)
Planescape: Torment (best writing and atmosphere ever)
Deus ex

generally good games:
Super Mario World (SNES)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Starcraft
Jagged Alliance 2
Donkey Kong trilogy (SNES)
Duke Nukem 3D
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Pro Pinball series
Diablo 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (various)
Worms World Party

fuck new games, and especially fuck 3d graphics in strategy games
Old 12-26-2009

Location: That place where the souls are in FMA '03 before they get turned into alchemy magic.
Blurb: You like Papa Roach's Last Resort metaironically, don't you?

Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal!
No arguement...
Old 12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Denton View Post
fuck new games, and especially fuck 3d graphics in strategy games
I hate to agree, but I kinda do. Why aren't kids these days encouraged to play old classics like readers are encouraged to read old literature like Moby Dick and Pride and Prejudice? I imagine that I will be playing games like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect many years after their release, as I still have to catch up on all the games I missed out on due to not owning a SNES.

I remember playing Duke Nukem 3D at a time when I probably shouldn't have been playing it, on a Mac that included a copy of a scary survival horror game called "Pathways into Darkness" which I couldn't figure out how to play. Much much later, I found out the developer's name: Bungie Software Products Corporation. Whoda thunk?
Old 12-26-2009

Location: That place where the souls are in FMA '03 before they get turned into alchemy magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animagess View Post
I hate to agree, but I kinda do. Why aren't kids these days encouraged to play old classics like readers are encouraged to read old literature like Moby Dick and Pride and Prejudice? I imagine that I will be playing games like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect many years after their release, as I still have to catch up on all the games I missed out on due to not owning a SNES.

I remember playing Duke Nukem 3D at a time when I probably shouldn't have been playing it, on a Mac that included a copy of a scary survival horror game called "Pathways into Darkness" which I couldn't figure out how to play. Much much later, I found out the developer's name: Bungie Software Products Corporation. Whoda thunk?
Oh, I want to play a lot of "old classics".
I just find no reason to hold them against new games, for they can be quite amazing as well.
Case in point, R&C 3!
The gameplay is constantly exciting, the story is good, inspired, and genuinly hilarious satire, the worlds are diverse, well designed and yes, marvels to behold. If an old school fan should try one PS2 game, I highly recommend it be R&C: UYA.
Old 12-26-2009

I just like playing the part of the cranky vet (kids these days and their lollipops and their jaywalking and their sheep cloning and their...), even though I'm not done college and we've never even had a Playstation in the house! Now that DLC has become a big thing, the chances that I will play some of these golden oldies has increased by about 150%.

The advantage to lagging a few years behind the current video game generation is that all the good stuff will float to the top and I won't have to bother myself with figuring out which "next big thing" to spend my hard-earned sixty dollars on. Up Your Arsenal, eh? Someday, someday... The PS2 is second to the SNES on my list of console games to look at.
Old 01-04-2010

Blurb: hmmmm

probably kingdom hearts 2
Old 01-04-2010

I'd say Unthikabel Natural Law (or Hisouten soku if your a weaboo)
Old 01-09-2010

Good to hear, Eastwood. ;)
Old 01-09-2010

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04

PS3: Elder Scrolls IV or Fallout 3
PS2: Final Fantasy X-2 (yeah the -2 :V)
PSP: Hot Shots Gold: Open Tee (I have about 5 games for PSP :V)
DS: Pokemon Platinum
GBA: Pokemon Trading Card Game Game! (Seriously, I got Gold, Silver and TCG all for my birthday ages back, and I chose TCGG first :D)
PC: Team Fortress 2

Overall: Elder Scrolls IV or TF2. Both had me obsessed (Stat time: I mean it. On TF2 alone I clocked up over 80 hours in 2 weeks at one point, that's with school, so an average of about 6.6 hours a day with school so you'd be looking at me getting home at 4 and playing non-stop until 11pm [plus food. not homework, homework was for normal, people]) and I can't remember how much sleep I lost on TES4.
Old 01-09-2010

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

Nice to know you don't senselessly hate X-2...
Old 01-09-2010

(Xbox360) - Left 4 Dead 2
(Resident Evil Series 0-5 + DSC and UC)
Oh look my first post.

Left 4 dead 2's pretty good i mean apart from left 4 dead 1 it has more weapons more Special Zombies Plus Special Infected thought i wouldn't agree with the characters and settings, its pretty decent.

May be just me but i'm a huge RE fan, and have enjoyed the series 0-5 Including Darkside Chronicles and Umbrella Chronicles and i guess i'll pass that along for a recommendation.
Old 01-09-2010

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

Best single game overall?

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

Of course, the whole series is epicness.

Golden Sun is up there too, as is .Hack//Infection, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale.