This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2011

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting the impression that you're all taking video games too seriously.
Old 07-04-2011

Send a message via AIM to TitanAura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMind View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting the impression that you're all taking video games too seriously.
Maybe... or maybe you don't realize that video games are serious business.

Old 07-04-2011

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAura View Post
Maybe... or maybe you don't realize that video games are serious business.

Thank you, Walter. Now put the gun down slowly.

Last edited by gwtyler1985; 07-04-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwtyler1985 View Post
Thank you, Walter. Now put the gun down slowly.
I'm calm dude, totally calm, you know? I'm fine. I'm calm. No problem whatsoever dude.
Old 07-06-2011

Send a message via ICQ to SiriWesen Send a message via MSN to SiriWesen

Okay:

I liked the game. I hated the ending.

The characters.. well they could have designed Matthew and Garet way more individual, but okay. I really do like the characters. Alex is the same as always and the thing with Sveta was really awesome.

I was kind of.. shocked when i saw all the dead ppl lying around in the game. I mean.. it was so much more brutal than the games before.

The fights were to easy, but it prevented me from wasting time on leveling, so I was okay by it. The fights were fun to me.

The music,... it's okay. But to close to the games before.

The story... well this oc Feather quest was just stupid, but i got the feeling from traveling around and so on. I was pissed off by the fact you could'nt go back to the home place after a certain time of the game.

And it was a fail, that you did not meet Piers.

But I like Sveta, I like her hometown and the music there. I liked the summons, the psynergy, the quests and so on. It was okay. The Lost Ages was way better, but.. it was okay.

I shouted FUCK when I saw the ending, but I'm over it. And I say this as a person who read "Ende" (Means "the end") without a questionmark! Yeah, the German version just pretends to be the end without a questionmark.

But I did enjoy the game, it was touching. It made me laugh so hard at some times, it made me face palm and it made me cry. A game that moves me, is okay for me.

Most disappointing ED ever? Yes.
Worst video game worth to be hated? No.
Old 07-06-2011

You know which game had a terrible ending, poor story mechanics, and an annoying, repetitive soundtrack, which people consider a classic (for reasons beyond me)?

Tetris.
Old 07-06-2011

CD-i Zelda games.

"AGH THE BOOK IT BURNS!!"

....Fricking...seriously?
Old 07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMind View Post
You know which game had a terrible ending, poor story mechanics, and an annoying, repetitive soundtrack, which people consider a classic (for reasons beyond me)?

Tetris.

Ha ha ha. Wutta shtory Overmind.
Old 07-06-2011

You are tearing me apart, TitanAura!
Old 07-06-2011

Blurb: Omae wa mo shindeiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
PS can anyone explain FF7's ending to me, not the ending movie, but the never ending stars which comes out after that o0
Pretty much after you kill Sephiroth and meteor is about to hit holy is released. Remember how Aeris was activating holy when she died and that Sephiroth was holding back holy from stopping meteor? Well now he's dead, and it activates, but it activated too late and didn't have enough time to destroy meteor. Then the lifestream comes in and saves the day.

Then we skip to 500 years in the future and Red XIII looks at the ruins of Midgar with his children. Even though he was the last one of his kind and he wasn't asexual, because he had 2 parents.

I found then ending satisfactory, the problem was that they didn't do a good job of properly explaining everything that went on.

I found the ending to Kingdom Hearts stupid. Everything once the final battle with Ansem starts.Because it was all stupid nonsensical gibberish.
Old 07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotenks View Post
I found the ending to Kingdom Hearts stupid. Everything once the final battle with Ansem starts.Because it was all stupid nonsensical gibberish.
I found the entire game to be stupid and nonsensical.... not sure why exactly that's a bad thing. It's still a fun game.
Old 07-07-2011

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

I quite liked Kingdom Hearts, but I hated Kingdom Hearts Two with a passion.

I wasn't fond of Sora's second voice actor or change in attitude, but that's nothing compared to his new sense of humour.

The shit he laughed at I... I don't even have words. Will a bottle of my tears suffice?
Old 07-07-2011

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir502 View Post
I quite liked Kingdom Hearts, but I hated Kingdom Hearts Two with a passion.

I wasn't fond of Sora's second voice actor or change in attitude, but that's nothing compared to his new sense of humour.

The shit he laughed at I... I don't even have words. Will a bottle of my tears suffice?
Was the game itself really that bad?

And I rather liked the new voice actor. Giving him a male voice made him slightly less annoying. And the new attitude goes to character development.

... Though his sense of humor was pretty bad. Almost tidus-like... making the underworld scenes with auron all the more painful after hearing him like that.

But yeah, a bad game or bad end, these do not make. You'll have to wait for KH3 for that.
Old 07-07-2011

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17

I seriously hope KH3 doesn't flop.
Old 07-07-2011

It depends. If it's Disney's fault, we get better Disney writers, and if it's Square Enix's fault, we never have to suffer through FFXIII again.
Old 07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir502 View Post
This confuses me.... according to every internet source I can find, Haley Joel Osmond reprises his role in KHII after the first game was a success. And even from my own photographic memory after several completions of either game, I recall Haley being in both games' credits.

Are you mistaking the shift in vocal chords as being an entirely new voice actor? Because let me remind you that when the first game came out, Haley was approximately the same age as Sora (14-ish?), but then the "Harry Potter Syndrome" took affect and his voice dropped during the 4 year development cycle (1 year in-game storyline).
Old 07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mnislash17 View Post
I seriously hope KH3 GETS MADE.
Fix'd.
Old 07-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

Possibly. It was the attitude change that bugged me mostly, but the new voice was annoying too. I suppose it was unavoidable if it was the same voice actor having grown, but that doesn't make it any less grating.
Old 07-17-2011

Ok, here's a relatively minor case that just dawned on me: Earthworm Jim. I launch a cow, shoot up a living trash can, beat the living crap out of a fish barfing garbage man and his dog, shoot up a fire breathing snow man and 5 lawyers, kill an evil cat nine times, suffocate a gold fish after getting past his ridiculously over muscled cat henchmen and his underwater labyrinth, get chased by an older, blinder, senile version of Barney the Dinosaur who's always trying to eat me, kill a booger by bungieing it to death, stumble my way through a level where everything is just BLACK SCREEN, blow up a Robot Chicken (no relation), whip and shoot a pink puppy in order to safely ferry him across a level, lest he kill me for failing, perform a duodonectomy, and finally have to kill the giant ugly bug faced monster boss, all while racing and fighting a harpoon laden crow that's trying to utterly destroy me, and for my trouble, said bug faced monster boss's hot sister, whom I've been doing all of this for, is smashed by a flying cow that I had to launch at the beginning of the game.

... Yeah, this kinda sucks.Hilarious for everyone else who's watching me do all of this, but kind of disappointing for me.
Old 07-18-2011

Quote:
Ok, here's a relatively minor case that just dawned on me: Earthworm Jim. I launch a cow, shoot up a living trash can, beat the living crap out of a fish barfing garbage man and his dog, shoot up a fire breathing snow man and 5 lawyers, kill an evil cat nine times, suffocate a gold fish after getting past his ridiculously over muscled cat henchmen and his underwater labyrinth, get chased by an older, blinder, senile version of Barney the Dinosaur who's always trying to eat me, kill a booger by bungieing it to death, stumble my way through a level where everything is just BLACK SCREEN, blow up a Robot Chicken (no relation), whip and shoot a pink puppy in order to safely ferry him across a level, lest he kill me for failing, perform a duodonectomy, and finally have to kill the giant ugly bug faced monster boss, all while racing and fighting a harpoon laden crow that's trying to utterly destroy me, and for my trouble, said bug faced monster boss's hot sister, whom I've been doing all of this for, is smashed by a flying cow that I had to launch at the beginning of the game.

... Yeah, this kinda sucks.Hilarious for everyone else who's watching me do all of this, but kind of disappointing for me.
It's kind of a Monty Python-esque joke where 90% of a scene is setup for a single gag, which by itself is kinda stupid and pointless. Personally, I think it's hilarious. The world can always use a bit more non-traditional humor.
Old 07-19-2011

I didn't say it was a bad ending. I said it was kind of disappointing. I also mentioned it was hilarious for everyone watching.
Old 07-19-2011

Quote:
I didn't say it was a bad ending. I said it was kind of disappointing. I also mentioned it was hilarious for everyone watching.
I was agreeing with you but my wording didn't explicitly say so. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 07-19-2011

Actually, I was agreeing with what sounded like you saying it was a good ending, hilarious, but yes, quite disappointing at first. Though I hate the word "Pythonesque."
Old 07-19-2011

Blurb: Omae wa mo shindeiru

I haven't played KH2, because my friend lost it so I could never borrow it off him.
Old 08-11-2011
TOOMAH

Blurb: Every Villain Is Lemons

Quote:
Was the game itself really that bad?

And I rather liked the new voice actor. Giving him a male voice made him slightly less annoying. And the new attitude goes to character development.

... Though his sense of humor was pretty bad. Almost tidus-like... making the underworld scenes with auron all the more painful after hearing him like that.

But yeah, a bad game or bad end, these do not make. You'll have to wait for KH3 for that.
This.
Old 09-11-2011

As of now, I am undertaking an expedition to play through Chrono Cross. My review of the game will be posted on my thread in the Lonely Hearts Club group. We will finally settle the question of whether it's worthy of the ending they put into Chrono Trigger. If it fails, then you can count on a section of the review or a link to be posted here.

Other games for this thread:
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Gun
Several more FF games, including Dissidia
and Devil May Cry 2 if I haven't already posted it here somewhere.

Last edited by gwtyler1985; 09-11-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2012
Banned

Blurb: L did you know gods of death like apples

Well let's see... hm Kingdom Hearts 2, when rez was actually ansem
Old 05-01-2013

Ok, I admit it. I can't live up to my promise. I can't finish Chrono Trigger. Why?

... BECAUSE I CAN"T GET PAST THE POINT I QUIT AT WITHOUT GOING INTO FITS OF RAGE THAT QUAKE THE EARTH AND ROIL THE SEAS!! ALL OF THOSE DISASTERS THAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF?! THAT WAS ME TRYING TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

I was only able to get past the first disk. Mostly because I wanted to spend the rest of the time treating said disk like an errant fax machine (you know what I mean). Essentially my complaint about where I left off, which would crash the site to explain in full, is that I found the point where the game says "Hey, I'm a sequel. And you know all the fun stuff you did to save the world in the last game? Well fuck you, because you have to pay for it in this game." Not that it admits to being a shitty sequel, but rather that it explains that changing history and killing Lavos before it destroyed the world made a fissure in reality with two parallel worlds that are crashing into each other. So not only is this game completely dependent on the player having played Chrono Trigger, it explains that doing so doomed the world to destruction and led to the downfall of the Guardia kingdom. It even has ghosts of Chrono, Marle, and Lucca come out to dance for you, in half the rest of the game's resolution to make sure you see it's them, while explaining how they doomed reality and pretty much fucked everything over. This goes doubly so for the main character, who is pretty much the opposing singularity where reality is collapsing. I'm rather surprised they don't just bring out Robo and dismantle him via opposing magnets while they're at it. Finally they stick you in the main villain's body and saddle you with all new characters, most of whom are either entirely useless or the bosses you've been mercilessly pwning with the A SQUARE button button up until this point, until you somehow get your own body back. I haven't gotten that far, so I have no idea what happens. I've gone through two controllers and my bookshelf has gone through my desk. I don't think I'll be getting anything else for a while.
Old 05-01-2013

The good part about this is that by now, someone else has come up with an appropriate reaction that sums up my feelings for this game.
Old 05-15-2013

I thought LA Noire's ending was pretty weak, mainly because you play as a different character. Good game though.

Final Fantasy 8 had one of those WTF this makes no sense type endings.