This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ninjasplaycardgames2 Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjasplaycardgames2
Default Super Smash Bros. Characters you want to see

What Nintendo characters do you want to see in the upcoming SSB titles for Wii U and the 3DS?
That weren't in the first 3 >:V

Last edited by Ninjasplaycardgames2; 10-09-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-08-2011

Link.

>~>
Old 10-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

Isaac^500 :V

Felix can come too

Paper Mario maybe

A Ganondorf with a moveset to call his own.

Make the way you choose your characters exactly the same as in jump Ultimate Stars :V
Old 10-09-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ninjasplaycardgames2 Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjasplaycardgames2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zairak View Post
Link.

>~>
thanks for that, first post edited :V
Old 10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjasplaycardgames2 View Post
thanks for that, first post edited :V
The Link from Legend of Zelda 2.

<~<
Old 10-09-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ave

That was my second favorite Zelda game.
... don't look at me like that, everyone has different tastes. S:

I'd like to see more villains this time around, in general. I doubt it'd happen, but I'd love Giovanni as the villain for PT and for one of his Pokemon to be Mewtwo. But again, I seriously doubt that'll happen. That's just my highest hopes.

Last edited by Ave; 10-09-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2011
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

Nephenee,
The Black Knight,
Blaziken,
Latias (I doubt it, I really do, but I hope. < 3)
Ilyana (Though she IS a mage, so it's most likely not going to happen)
Mewtwo (I don't care. Bring him back.)
Zoroark
Bomber man
Zant. Zant all the way!
Old 10-10-2011
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Characters that should be removed:

Ice Climbers
Captain Olimar
Meta Knight
Sonic

Characters that need to change drastically:

Yoshi
Falco
Ganondorf
Star Wolf

Characters I'd like to see:

Andy or some representative from Advance Wars
Eliwood or Lyn from Fire Emblem
Trixie or King K. Rool from Donkey Kong

3rd Party Characters:

The hero from Dragon Quest (in 8-bit of course)
Megaman
Old 10-10-2011

Blurb: nan de hoohaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post

Ice Climbers
8I May I ask why they should be removed? Personally, I find them fun to play with... well, aside from stupid AI.

If I had to pick from the little games I've played recently, I still ask for someone from Mother 3 to join Lucas. I don't care if he/she is a playable character or an assist trophy (or the equivalent of that in the future). I mean, we have Jeff, so wynaut? <_<;
Old 10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killshot
Characters I'd like to see:

Andy or some representative from Advance Wars
Eliwood or Lyn from Fire Emblem
Trixie or King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Yes.
Quote:
3rd Party Characters:

The hero from Dragon Quest (in 8-bit of course)
Megaman
YES.
Quote:
Characters that need to change drastically:
Yoshi
Falco
Ganondorf
Star Wolf
Ganon and Falco, yes. Poor Ganondork's moves are horrible to approach with and way too easy to punish, not to much he's one of the easiest characters to gimp. Falco has far too many options and the damage output for some of his moves in proportion to it's speed is pretty mean. And his grab set-ups make even Dedede cringe. But Yoshi and Wolf are fine as they are. Wolf has and always will be one of the more balanced characters... his quickness despite his weight and disjointed hitboxes are counter-balanced by his easilly gimpable recovery. Though if your argument is that his moveset is too similar to the other Star Fox characters, then I do have to agree with you.

As for Yoshi, he's got my favorite moveset in the game. <X He's really underplayed due to how odd said moveset is and his high learning curve, but he's not as unplayable as everyone thinks he is. I've been maining him since SSB and find he's at his best in Brawl. His double-jump cancel makes up for his would-be predictable recovery, he's actually a heavy character despite how fast he moves so he can live pretty long, his combo ability outmatches most of the cast's, his projectile is versatile enough in range to make your opponent regret backing off or approaching hastily, his ground pound does wonders against jab-reliant characters such as Snake and Ike, and his double-jump canceled egg lay can cover half of Final destination in horizontal distance or two Bowsers in vertical distance, depending on how quickly you input the buttons. His grab does leave him open, but that's why you learn how to pivot grab. Though I will say that it's pretty hard to kill with Yoshi, even with the incredibly difficult-to-master DR. Yeah.. I think the name is horrible too, lol.

Quote:

Ice Climbers
Captain Olimar
Meta Knight
Sonic
I'd love to see the reasoning behind these. I'd like to see all of those characters return, and I'd like to see 3 of them nerfed.

Last edited by Ave; 10-10-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2011
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Any character pair from The World Ends With You

Preferably Neku & Shiki, or Neku & Joshua

Hell, even Beat & Rhyme would be cool...

And having them play in the same way they do in TWEWY - Neku using psych pins, and Shiki using her cards, for example... The fusions would be good as a final smash too
Old 10-10-2011

Blurb: Remember kids, Scarecam LP's are downright terrible.

Well id like to see solid snake return or maybe raiden but then again nobody likes raiden...
Old 10-11-2011
Whiskey Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
Ganon and Falco, yes. Poor Ganondork's moves are horrible to approach with and way too easy to punish, not to much he's one of the easiest characters to gimp. Falco has far too many options and the damage output for some of his moves in proportion to it's speed is pretty mean. And his grab set-ups make even Dedede cringe. But Yoshi and Wolf are fine as they are. Wolf has and always will be one of the more balanced characters... his quickness despite his weight and disjointed hitboxes are counter-balanced by his easilly gimpable recovery. Though if your argument is that his moveset is too similar to the other Star Fox characters, then I do have to agree with you.

As for Yoshi, he's got my favorite moveset in the game. <X He's really underplayed due to how odd said moveset is and his high learning curve, but he's not as unplayable as everyone thinks he is. I've been maining him since SSB and find he's at his best in Brawl. His double-jump cancel makes up for his would-be predictable recovery, he's actually a heavy character despite how fast he moves so he can live pretty long, his combo ability outmatches most of the cast's, his projectile is versatile enough in range to make your opponent regret backing off or approaching hastily, his ground pound does wonders against jab-reliant characters such as Snake and Ike, and his double-jump canceled egg lay can cover half of Final destination in horizontal distance or two Bowsers in vertical distance, depending on how quickly you input the buttons. His grab does leave him open, but that's why you learn how to pivot grab. Though I will say that it's pretty hard to kill with Yoshi, even with the incredibly difficult-to-master DR. Yeah.. I think the name is horrible too, lol.
My problem with Wolf is he's all over the place. Ending a move in a different location that when you launched it goes completely against my instincts and I can't use Wolf effectively because of it. I also can't counter him well, since I'm unfamiliar with how he is played. My method of beating Wolf users is to wait them out until they launch themselves over the edge and flail madly trying to get back up. Thats more of a personal gripe and I wouldn't want him changed just to tailor to my tastes. If they can keep the same mechanics and give him more of an original moveset I would be happy.

As for Yoshi, I've never seen anyone use him effectively. He's been consistently a bottom tier character in each game. Yoshi is an iconic character with broad appeal and I hate to see him crippled by an awkward moveset. If you can use him well, good for you, but I think its time he had an upgrade.

Ice Climbers:

Lets be honest here, did anyone know who the Ice Climbers were before Melee? They don't come from an iconic franchise, or even one with a cult following. How they made it into the game in the first place is beyond me. In game, I don't like the idea of an AI controlled helper. I like playing one on one matches and it bothers me when a useless AI is floating around getting in the way of the fight. I also don't like the idea that the AI doesn't take damage. Its essentially a meat shield that makes grabs ineffective. They could do an overhaul to make them fight independently and swap movesets when the characters are swapped. It would be similar to Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon trainer. But considering their lack of importance to Nintendo, I don't think they would be missed if they were just scrapped completely.

Captain Olimar:

Simply put, I don't like the randomness of Olimar's attacks that are dependent on which pikmin he has at the time. He's a very inconsistent character that I don't think is well balanced. Not to mention all the pikmin cluttering up the screen, especially if there are more than one Olimar. Thematically, Pikmin is very important to the Nintendo franchise, but Olimar is a poor choice for a fighter. They had to mess with his proportions just to match his size to the rest of the characters and Olimar is more of a commander than a fighter himself. He would make a great assist trophy, but I don't care for him as a fighter.

Meta Knight:

I haven't played many Kirby games, so I don't know how important he is as a character. Considering I didn't know who he was, I'm guessing his impact on the Kirby franchise has been minimal. Since everyone knows by now how broken he is in Brawl, I won't go into it. I will say that instead of trying to balance him, they should just let him go. We already have two good Kirby representatives in Kirby and Dedede and I get the impression that Meta Knight is just there to appeal to the grimdark crowd. I remember Kirby games being about bright colors and smiling trees. Meta Knight looks like he came straight out of a bad fanfiction.

Sonic:

I really hate this character. I will never understand the rabid fanboys who hold him up on a pedestal. I was pissed when I found out Brawl was being delayed so they could put this fucker in it. It really shows they were rushed just by looking at Sonic's moveset. How many moves does he have that do not involve rolling around in a ball? Three? Four? This character sucks, his franchise sucks, and his fans suck. He has no place in this game. I realize this is more of a personal bias than an argument, but it seems to me like they didn't even try to make him fit in with the other characters. Everything about him is half-assed including his participation in the Adventure mode.
Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot
As for Yoshi, I've never seen anyone use him effectively. He's been consistently a bottom tier character in each game. Yoshi is an iconic character with broad appeal and I hate to see him crippled by an awkward moveset. If you can use him well, good for you, but I think its time he had an upgrade.
Yeah, it really just comes down to people giving up on him too quickly because of that awkward moveset and his reputation as a bad character, and that's just a shame. His placement usually starts off horribly and then it very slowly rises as a few people put time into him. So far his best rise his been in Brawl, where he started off near bottom tier and is now lower mid-tier. I think he had a similar rise in SSB but I'm not completely sure. I do think it fits Yoshi that such a unique character gets such a unique moveset, and the lot of us who have been dedicated to that moveset since the first game could get screwed by a huge overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot
Ice Climbers:

Lets be honest here, did anyone know who the Ice Climbers were before Melee? They don't come from an iconic franchise, or even one with a cult following. How they made it into the game in the first place is beyond me.
Is it more important to focus solely on iconic characters, or try to have them share the spotlight with characters that have potential and are either totally forgotten or not that popular? The latter can work pretty well in some cases, as FE popularity did shoot up outside of Japan after Melee, and the Kid Icarus franchise has been revived as a result of Pit's appearance in SSBB(whether or not that's a good thing is up for debate, but I thought they were pretty fun and challenging games and would like to see a 3D spin on them.)

Quote:
In game, I don't like the idea of an AI controlled helper. I like playing one on one matches and it bothers me when a useless AI is floating around getting in the way of the fight. I also don't like the idea that the AI doesn't take damage. Its essentially a meat shield that makes grabs ineffective.
The AI actually does take damage. If it didn't take damage it would be near impossible for it to get knocked off the stage with the player every time, since as we know knockback is determined mostly by damage. Furthermore, it has a different damage count than the player. It's the reason why when both the player and the AI are hit with the same attack a lot of times they experience different knockback and get desynched while off-stage. The AI is most certainly not useless, either. It makes IC's damage output near heavy-character level, and makes their 0-death chain grab on every single character but themselves possible... though I really, really hope those chaingrabs are not present in the next game.

Quote:
Captain Olimar:

Simply put, I don't like the randomness of Olimar's attacks that are dependent on which pikmin he has at the time. He's a very inconsistent character that I don't think is well balanced. Not to mention all the pikmin cluttering up the screen, especially if there are more than one Olimar.
lol, I like Olimar for the reason you dislike him. I like trying to rearrange his Pikmin to my preference(and to the demands of the situation), and his campy, defensive playstyle makes it pretty easy to do that mid-game. I don't find that the Pikmin clutter up the stage so much as they just gravitate negligible spaces around lolimar. As for his size... yeah, he'd be pretty broken if he was actual sized. And that's a good point about him being a commander.
That all being said, I don't use Olimar when I don't get him on random, so I wouldn't be all that saddened if he went bye-bye, but I still would like to see him return and see what they do with his moveset, if anything.

Quote:
Meta Knight:

I haven't played many Kirby games, so I don't know how important he is as a character. Considering I didn't know who he was, I'm guessing his impact on the Kirby franchise has been minimal
MK is one of the most popular Kirby characters there is and is almost as recurring as Dedede. You can play as him in some of the games, if you want to take that as a testament to his importance. I'm very surprised you hadn't heard of him. He's a personal favorite of mine, which makes it all the more sad that...
He's so stupidly broken in competitive play. He got banned in the most popular ruleset in NA and Canada recently. It's pretty bad that 35% of the tournament population mained him and he won something like 60% of the prize money. He was and probably will always remain the most dominant character in the history of SSB. I'd love to have a nerfed version of him in the next game. He's Kirby's rival[Dedede isn't so much a rival as an ambigious villain to him] so I think that should be enough for him to retain his spot.

As for Sonic... I liked Sonic's presence because to me it showed that Nintendo and Sega had buried the hatchet. I'm sure we all remember their silly console wars and that awesome but base "Genesis does what Nintendon't" line. And the first game I played was Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and I still love it. There's my bias, lol.

Last edited by Ave; 10-11-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2011

Krystal from Star Fox and I really miss Roy for some reason, too. I also miss Mewtwo, even though he was replaced by Lucario, who I love as well. It's a hard decision...
Old 12-20-2011

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17

Gonna have to throw Phoenix Wright out there. They made him in MvC, they can do SSB.
Old 03-03-2012
TOOMAH

Blurb: Every Villain Is Lemons

Quote:
Ice Climbers:

Lets be honest here, did anyone know who the Ice Climbers were before Melee? They don't come from an iconic franchise, or even one with a cult following. How they made it into the game in the first place is beyond me. In game, I don't like the idea of an AI controlled helper. I like playing one on one matches and it bothers me when a useless AI is floating around getting in the way of the fight. I also don't like the idea that the AI doesn't take damage. Its essentially a meat shield that makes grabs ineffective. They could do an overhaul to make them fight independently and swap movesets when the characters are swapped. It would be similar to Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon trainer. But considering their lack of importance to Nintendo, I don't think they would be missed if they were just scrapped completely.

Captain Olimar:

Simply put, I don't like the randomness of Olimar's attacks that are dependent on which pikmin he has at the time. He's a very inconsistent character that I don't think is well balanced. Not to mention all the pikmin cluttering up the screen, especially if there are more than one Olimar. Thematically, Pikmin is very important to the Nintendo franchise, but Olimar is a poor choice for a fighter. They had to mess with his proportions just to match his size to the rest of the characters and Olimar is more of a commander than a fighter himself. He would make a great assist trophy, but I don't care for him as a fighter.

Meta Knight:

I haven't played many Kirby games, so I don't know how important he is as a character. Considering I didn't know who he was, I'm guessing his impact on the Kirby franchise has been minimal. Since everyone knows by now how broken he is in Brawl, I won't go into it. I will say that instead of trying to balance him, they should just let him go. We already have two good Kirby representatives in Kirby and Dedede and I get the impression that Meta Knight is just there to appeal to the grimdark crowd. I remember Kirby games being about bright colors and smiling trees. Meta Knight looks like he came straight out of a bad fanfiction.

Sonic:

I really hate this character. I will never understand the rabid fanboys who hold him up on a pedestal. I was pissed when I found out Brawl was being delayed so they could put this fucker in it. It really shows they were rushed just by looking at Sonic's moveset. How many moves does he have that do not involve rolling around in a ball? Three? Four? This character sucks, his franchise sucks, and his fans suck. He has no place in this game. I realize this is more of a personal bias than an argument, but it seems to me like they didn't even try to make him fit in with the other characters. Everything about him is half-assed including his participation in the Adventure mode.
...None of those seem like good reasons to remove the characters. Maybe to fix them up but not get rid of them completely.

Anyway, there's no particular character I want to see, but I DO want to see a Super Mario Galaxy stage.
Old 03-31-2012

Sora... (Yeah that soooo ain't happenin)
Old 04-01-2012

Location: Egypt, because that's what people do when they're grieving - they go to Egypt.

Optimus Prime.
Old 04-01-2012

Every iter4tion of Link vvith only token differences betvveen 4ll of them.

Old 04-02-2012

Blurb: Oh no, too many children's card games!

Majora's Mask Link, who's specials are used to change between transform masks. Final Smash would be Fierce Deity.
Old 04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermewX300 View Post
Majora's Mask Link, who's specials are used to change between transform masks. Final Smash would be Fierce Deity.
...In 4ll seriousness, I support this SO MUCH.

So much.
Old 04-05-2012

And using the same special that got you into that form would activate that mask's specific special?
Old 04-05-2012

So if his specials are to change between mask forms...that leaves him with no triple jump and only the A button to use? Correct me if I'm wrong here lol.
Old 04-05-2012
Whiskey Icarus

Not if Up+B changes him into a deku scrub and he gains upward momentum on the attack. It would work like a lot of third jumps.
Old 04-05-2012

Here's how I'd do his special move set:

^ = Return to normal form
^ = Spin Attack (While in Normal form)
<- or -> = Goron Link
<- or -> (While in Goron form) = Goron Roll
Neutral = Deku Link
Neutral (While in Deku form) = Deku Bubble
v = Zora Form
v (while in Zora form) = Zora Boomerang

This would mean that he needs four move sets however :V
Old 04-05-2012

Quote:
Not if Up+B changes him into a deku scrub and he gains upward momentum on the attack. It would work like a lot of third jumps.
Well they would have to change up how transformations work then. Zelda/shiek don't gain momentum while changing, nor does the pkmn trainer when he swaps out.
Old 04-05-2012
Whiskey Icarus

I didn't realize we were talking about a transformation in that sense. I thought Link could take the form of one of the masks during the attack and then immediately change back afterward. But if we are talking less temporary transformations, I think the pokemon trainer mechanics would work just fine.
Old 04-06-2012

If it is the former, I think that could be okay then. The latter would be best for a permanent transformation.

On this topic though, I think the Zelda masks would make a great item set, maybe even the tri-force?
Old 04-09-2012

Blurb: F**K DINOSAURS!!!

hmmm... Since Krom is already building up a reputation for badassery, put him in.

Make Marth's masked version into an alternate costume.

I'd say make Liz into an assist trophy (randomly chooses between swinging an axe at an enemy or healing the player. She should be given a special line for if she's found by either Krom or Marth.)

They should probably make a second pokemon trainer based off White. She'll have Snivy, Pignite, and Samurott.

Hmmmmm.... Perhaps they could try adding Ray-man as a third-party character.