This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
Nice rant, and it's nice to get these things off your chest once in a while (perhaps we should have a Venting forum here?) but they were talking about the user who goes by the name of Andrewcrawford, unless you are Andrewcrawford?

He could be a mod, although there's no flag on his page about it - he certainly threatened one user with being banned. In any case, why was I the one having to point out that Wikipedia is not a forum and that Talk Pages are for discussion on editorial changes to the article, and not on the actual content of the article?
No i'm not, this Andrew fellow,

=and I was not venting (as I seriously don't normally care about this as takes too much effort,) so much as annoyed at the way he made his comment, (basically making fun of someone for talking about something they know nothing about, when his comment ended doing completely same thing as clearly had no idea what he was on about)

-I mean at least when I ranted or made a joke, I actually made it indepth and it workable, rather than working on tire stereotypes which are not even considered right anymore

-I mean, yes lets have laugh at Andrews comment, whether it was serious....etc but seriously, just going he cannot spell, therefore he is idiot who is not allow opinion is just something which shows more about the speaker than person
Old 01-20-2010

Blurb: Failing at fail since 1990

I know people who are dyslexic. It's not fun. And they are smarter than people conceive of them.

In any case, I don't see Wikipedia keeping that bit for long.
Old 01-20-2010

FUUUUCK IT'S GONE.
Old 01-20-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibby View Post
FUUUUCK IT'S GONE.
Of course it is...
And they keep stating that the series is illegal and makes a profit?
I am honestly wondering where they are pulling their facts from here...
Citation needed plz!
Old 01-20-2010

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

I can make a profit off a free video!?!?
Old 01-21-2010
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

yup, LK's been doing it for a while now cuz everyone knows TAS is for profit [/sarcasm]
Old 01-21-2010

I'm getting so sick and tired of Collectonian. I've battled her before over the Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle series, she thinks she's the only one who's right.
Old 01-21-2010
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

i HATE people like that, i'm not kidding either, i seriously want to exterminate them
Old 01-21-2010

I got all excited. For nothing, clearly... gawd, copyright is a bitch.
Old 01-22-2010
General Staff

I think a lot of you fail to understand a very simple concept here.
Wikipedia follows a set standard to prove notability. Period. Yes, there are multiple exceptions to these standards, but the problem is that Wikipedia is so incredibly massive that it can't accept the exceptions from these standards, otherwise everything would be on a case-by-case basis, which is completely and utterly impractical for any sort of encyclopedic source.

Here's the challenge, and this is what you need to do. Write up a whole article of YGO:TAS in notepad. Now, find about 10-15 facts you have in the article you've written, and find an equal amount of completely different credible sources (No, YouTube hit counters are not credible sources for popularity) that back up those facts. That's what will get your article up, and nothing short of that will work.
Old 01-23-2010

That's not why it was removed this time. it was removed because the editor in question, Collectonian, believed that it was illegal because LK was making money from the videos. It practically says so on the talk page.
Old 01-23-2010
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I'm getting so sick and tired of Collectonian. I've battled her before over the Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle series, she thinks she's the only one who's right.
who?????

=Most poeple think that, its the final irony of subjective reality, there is no right, so there cannot be wrong, meaning everyone is right, [ or at least they think they are, but in truth, its only their interpretation of truth, which is nothing more than invalidable opinion, which is only as strong as one holding it, without any real substance to control its foundations ]

The next irony is, that what I just said is completely Susceptible to this and therefore void by its own content

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
I think a lot of you fail to understand a very simple concept here.
Wikipedia follows a set standard to prove notability. Period. Yes, there are multiple exceptions to these standards, but the problem is that Wikipedia is so incredibly massive that it can't accept the exceptions from these standards, otherwise everything would be on a case-by-case basis, which is completely and utterly impractical for any sort of encyclopedic source.

Here's the challenge, and this is what you need to do. Write up a whole article of YGO:TAS in notepad. Now, find about 10-15 facts you have in the article you've written, and find an equal amount of completely different credible sources (No, YouTube hit counters are not credible sources for popularity) that back up those facts. That's what will get your article up, and nothing short of that will work.
this does not validate there stance on the matter, because this would not work, as evidence is not out there, as they do not accept internet awards or free media....etc so there stance on creditable sources already makes any post redundant in their opinion,

=In fact no one actually cares if Wiki thinks Yu Gi Oh Abridged existed or not, its more to do with these self-made wiki-mods who spend their free hours telling us that its illegal and not actual information.....etc, in a quite pedantic way, as they indignantly remove any trace of it with a very discourteous and rather conceited disposition.

(PS also one of their main reasons against it is legal one and they really need to learn little about Law, before go into that, because the internet and computers in general are complete minefield, which most judges don't even know what the law actually is, on it half time)
Old 01-23-2010

Well, if Wikipedia don't like "free" sources and links, and they're trying to do away with propietary-based sources and links (such a ImDb, Wikia etc), then sources-wise, they're screwed.
Old 01-23-2010
General Staff

I think you need to go back a bit and read what I said. Wikipedia would require more than a few sources, you'd need 10-15 to get a good amount of viable sources. And Wikipedia also has a guideline on which sources are available for you to read, and that's probably what you want to go through.

As far as Wikia being a source, it really is not, for the same reasons that people say Wikipedia is not a source, except that in Wikia's case, it's generally true. I like a good portion of the stuff on Wikia, but it's not viable because a lot of it is fan-driven and fancruft, and not necessarily factual or encyclopedic.

Again, this is the best you're going to be able to get unless you play the game by their own rules. 10-15 sources that follow their own guidelines will get you that page.
Old 01-24-2010
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
I think you need to go back a bit and read what I said. Wikipedia would require more than a few sources, you'd need 10-15 to get a good amount of viable sources. And Wikipedia also has a guideline on which sources are available for you to read, and that's probably what you want to go through.

As far as Wikia being a source, it really is not, for the same reasons that people say Wikipedia is not a source, except that in Wikia's case, it's generally true. I like a good portion of the stuff on Wikia, but it's not viable because a lot of it is fan-driven and fancruft, and not necessarily factual or encyclopedic.

Again, this is the best you're going to be able to get unless you play the game by their own rules. 10-15 sources that follow their own guidelines will get you that page.
If this was in response to me, I think need to reread my point, what I said was that your idea won't work, because their rules on the matter to do with the sources they "require" block your "idea" as a course of action, because sources they require do not cover YGO abridged and i never said anything about it being a source in itself,

=Finally, I said, that I do not actually think many poeple care if wiki make YGO abridged a page or not, its more some of their users, condescending stance towards the series as a whole
Old 01-24-2010

10-15 sources is not worth the small mention it actually got there.
Old 01-29-2010

Blurb: i make films with kroze.
Send a message via AIM to BryyMiller Send a message via MSN to BryyMiller

I bet the editor has Asperger's.

Or Cancer.
Old 02-08-2010

1: improve the IMDB pages about YGOTAS.
2: Use them as a reliable source on Wiki
3: ?????
4: Profit
Old 02-08-2010

Cobra

I have read articles containing very little in the way of references: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menai_Strait
Take that for an example, three sources, we can write up an entire article between us all.
Old 02-08-2010
Chumba Wumba

well yellow, that is some good work, but problem is like said their all fan made and so not "credible" sources, however screw it, I'm feeling revolutionary, so lets do this thing, if willing to make team, lets got for it, I will handle creative writing, Insane you willing to deal with downloading and computery stuff?

-Anyone good at grammar and spelling, want to be editor (may see if that Zairak is up for that)

-Also need second writer

-Any other roles which may come in handy?
Old 02-08-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Blurb: My kitties are doopy and floopy, and I love them!
Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

I could edit it; I'm good at that.
Old 02-08-2010

Cobra

I have no objection making it useable to put on wikipedia, and have no objections to proof-reading and/or editing.
Old 02-08-2010
Chumba Wumba

cool, well I have made a group for it, and now inviting poeple, but could someone post a link here as my internet is being a pain again -_-
Old 02-08-2010

Cobra

http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...hp?groupid=228

There you go