This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2010

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

LOL its because Kaiba always refereed to Joey as a mutt and he did wear that dog costume
Old 05-31-2010

Blurb: "You've built up a world of magic! Because your real life is tragic!"
Send a message via MSN to Lullaby of Lies Send a message via Yahoo to Lullaby of Lies

=/ I know, but its lame...

Oh well...
Old 05-31-2010

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

LOL yes it is :D
Old 05-31-2010

Send a message via MSN to Lullaby of Lies Send a message via Yahoo to Lullaby of Lies

It should have a cool name like... Uh uh... I donno...
Old 05-31-2010

Blurb: Who's the sexiest Yu-Gi-Oh character, you ask? Hah. Forget Yami Bakura, I rather have Honda~!
Send a message via MSN to .TheMalik.

I like fearshipping.
Old 06-01-2010

>.< lol
Old 06-01-2010

Blurb: Thiefshipping fangirl >=)
Send a message via AIM to Mana

I know there are Wishshipping hints, but it just doesn't sit right with me. But sure, things can interpreted in different ways, and I respect the pairing. Puzzleshipping I do love though.

Fearshipping is an interesting one. In a messed up way, it could work xD I like it.
What's Iceshipping? I can't find it on my list D=
Old 06-01-2010

Blurb: It's not insanity! It's selective reality!

Never was a fan of the puzzleshipping idea. It just never stuck that way to me--all I saw really was Atem being a condescending/patronizing older brother to the whiny little brother.

Several not-so-subtle hints have been dropped at Wishshipping in both manga and the anime. It might work, but you would have to give me a thoroughly convincing argument (besides "They're best friends!") for me to actually consider it.

I haven't the foggiest what Iceshipping is, but I bet money it's a crack pairing of some sort, and I don't do incest pairings (Yami Marik is in Marik's body, therefore making it a technical form of incest).
Old 06-01-2010

I do love my incest pairings, so it doesn't particularly bug me. Besides, even though it's technically Marik's body, I don't see it as really being incest. Mind is more important than the physical body as far as I'm concerned. Although Yami Marik was born from Marik, so maybe it still counts. Idk.
I never saw puzzle that way, they always seem to have a really close bond to me whether it's as brothers, friends or something more. Atem can be a little patronizing, but I don't thing Yuugi is at all whiny.
My opinion though, their relationship is very open to interpretation. That's what makes it interesting =D
Old 06-01-2010

Blurb: I support homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
I do love my incest pairings, so it doesn't particularly bug me. Besides, even though it's technically Marik's body, I don't see it as really being incest. Mind is more important than the physical body as far as I'm concerned. Although Yami Marik was born from Marik, so maybe it still counts. Idk.
I never saw puzzle that way, they always seem to have a really close bond to me whether it's as brothers, friends or something more. Atem can be a little patronizing, but I don't thing Yuugi is at all whiny.
My opinion though, their relationship is very open to interpretation. That's what makes it interesting =D
agreed
Old 06-01-2010

Blurb: "Perhaps it is a magical bosom?"-Zevran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Several not-so-subtle hints have been dropped at Wishshipping in both manga and the anime. It might work, but you would have to give me a thoroughly convincing argument (besides "They're best friends!") for me to actually consider it.
I see Wishshipping being more one sided. I see Yuugi loving Jonouchi, but I don't think Jounouchi loves him the same way back. As far as the friendship thing, I think the man reason Yuugi wanted to be friends with Jonouchi is because he was sexually attracted to Jonouchi. I don't think Yuugi would want to be friends with Jonouchi because he is nice. Jonouchi bullied Yuugi.
Old 06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguepersona View Post
I see Wishshipping being more one sided. I see Yuugi loving Jonouchi, but I don't think Jounouchi loves him the same way back. As far as the friendship thing, I think the man reason Yuugi wanted to be friends with Jonouchi is because he was sexually attracted to Jonouchi. I don't think Yuugi would want to be friends with Jonouchi because he is nice. Jonouchi bullied Yuugi.
Ooo, there's a good argument. Why else would Yuugi still like Jou even after all his crap XD
But yeah, I think Jounouchi is pretty straight, so I'm less inclined to pair him up with guys. Also, I really like him with Mai >.>
Old 06-01-2010

Blurb: Hello Alan Rickmen it's Alan Rickmen

Quote:
Yeah...uh, I'm pretty sure that...that's not..even remotely true!
Old 06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by .TheMalik. View Post
I don't think puzzleshipping is really canon.
The Pharaoh is always trying to get Yuugi to open up and be more confident around Anzu.
I see Yuugi and the spirit of the sennen puzzle more as brothers.
You can be close like that, be male, and let it be that.

That's just me.
You're actually completely right.
Canon isn't what you see it as, it is fact Sure you don't have to follow Canon all the time I mean that would be boring But Puzzleshipping isn't canon, so when people ship it (nothing wrong with that really) But if you were to say that it was canon, you'd be fooling yourself...it really isn't

and that ends my rant :D

Last edited by Lilacstime; 06-01-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2010

I can see the whole Wishshipping thing happen but it would be very unlikely. Although they are fit to be best friends, I don't think that they would be able to have a good relationship in that way. I agree with the one-sided remark. Jounouchi appeals to me as straight.
Old 06-01-2010

Yeah, I'm sometimes a fan of friendship/romance pairings, but often they lack chemistry and passion.
And puzzleshipping, I wouldn't say it was cannon, but there's cannon evidence for it? I think it's a pretty legit pairing. At any rate, as you said, following cannon exactly would be boring =D
Old 06-01-2010

Blurb: "Perhaps it is a magical bosom?"-Zevran

I don't think it is impossible for Jonouchi to be gay, but not likely.
Old 06-01-2010

Well I said that only following canon would be boring :D
I think all the YGO characters are straight... well mostly...but the main characters, I would say that they are safely hetero..
Old 06-01-2010

Blurb: Is time free or priceless?

^ This.

I kinda got the feeling that the author wasn't going for same sex relationships, just good friends at the most. And definitely not relationships between villains and protagonists.
Old 06-01-2010

Quote:
I don't think it is impossible for Jonouchi to be gay, but not likely.
Agreed.

The right writer can make anything seem possible. And as a Wishshipper I say its a stretch but... you never know. ^-^'
Old 06-01-2010

Blurb: Who's the sexiest Yu-Gi-Oh character, you ask? Hah. Forget Yami Bakura, I rather have Honda~!

Quote:
I think the main reason Yuugi wanted to be friends with Jonouchi is because he was sexually attracted to Jonouchi. I don't think Yuugi would want to be friends with Jonouchi because he is nice. Jonouchi bullied Yuugi.
No.
Yuugi looked up to Jonouchi because he had a lot of confidence,which was something he wanted to have himself.Although Jonouchi was rough around the edges, Yuugi could still look up to him as a friend.
Yuugi wanted to look up Anzu's skirt. :l
Season 0.
Old 06-01-2010

But I'm not bashing wishshipping.. I'm just saying that theory isn't very likely.
n_n"
Old 06-02-2010

I agree, wishshipping, puzzleshipping etc. exist only as brotherly-friendship relationships in the canon.
but that's still great. :D
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
It's called self-cest when dealing with incest with another persona. Technically Rin and Len Kagamine from vocaloids are supposed to be mirror world versions of each other, so pairing them up with each other would be self-cest. It was the only other example I could think of.
Old 06-02-2010

Blurb: i am so clever that sometimes i don’t understand a single word of what i am saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilacstime View Post
Well I said that only following canon would be boring :D
I think all the YGO characters are straight... well mostly...but the main characters, I would say that they are safely hetero..
^True. It also doesn't help that males in Japan are a LOT 'friendlier' than they are in America. (When a friend of mine went there a couple years ago, he genuinely believed that everyone was hitting on him)
Old 06-02-2010

I agree with that. If you think about it, the males are usually friendlier in most anime (hetalia) than they would be in an American cartoon. -just my opinion-
Old 06-02-2010

Old 06-02-2010
Rides Kaiba

Blurb: Duct tape his mouth shut and you can have a nice trophy husb
Send a message via MSN to AllisonWalker

What the what?
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Bakura's B View Post
It's called self-cest when dealing with incest with another persona. Technically Rin and Len Kagamine from vocaloids are supposed to be mirror world versions of each other, so pairing them up with each other would be self-cest. It was the only other example I could think of.
When I was talking about incest, I was referring to Isis x Yami Marik xD
So yeah, not selfcest.
Selfcest doesn't bother me either though.

As for characters sexualities, I think quite a few of them are open to interpretation, particularly Ryou and Marik strike me as being quite effeminate. And a few others could definitely swing both ways. Sure, it might not have been the authors intention, but nothing is actually stated.
Old 06-02-2010

indeedy. which is worst, silentshipping or siblingshipping?

Also...

Is it just me or does Pixelshipping (Noa x Adina) make a whole lot more sense than any other shipping there is of them