This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007

Though i believe that mainstream Rap is trash, i do enjoy music from other mainstream artists like Eminem, Nas, Jay-Z, 2Pac, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Notorious B.I.G. etc. So any fans in here?
Old 07-19-2007

you are not the only one :) i do enjoy all kinds of music, even rap...like.....Jay-Z, Eminem, 2Pac, Dr. Dre but i don't really enjoy the new ones....
Old 07-19-2007

Yup. I'm a hip-hop fan at the roots though I enjoy a lot of different types of music.
Definitely not a fan of gangsta rap (i.e. 50 Cent, The Game, G-Unit etc etc) but artists like Jurassic 5, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, (Mike Shinoda of LP's) Fort Minor, The Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, OutKast, Bubba Sparxxx are all keeping real hip-hop alive. While I enjoy Eminem's old stuff, his last 3 or 4 releases are really under par compared to his original stuff.
Old 07-23-2007

HELL NO
Old 07-23-2007

hmm... most of it i can't stand, but when there's a good artist, there's a good artist!

my favorite right now is Timbaland's new CD, it has got many rotations on my listening device! i also enjoy some Eminem and OutKast, but i don't dabble too much in the Hip arts to really know much else...
Old 07-23-2007

Me. I Like 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Kanye West, Eminem, The Game, Outkast and a few others so Yeah I like Hip Hop/Rap. But some of today's stuff is so wack 4 real.
Old 07-23-2007

The only rap I'll listen to is just like 2Pac, Eminem, Nas, Jurassic 5, The Game, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg I guess is okay...
Old 07-23-2007

I like Eminem, 50 Cent, G-Unit, Fort Minor, Styles Of Beyond, Jay-Z, P Diddy, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dog, Kanye West. I don't listen to much rap or hip hop anymore, most of the recent Rap/Hip Hop I listen to is Fort Minor or Styles Of Beyond and of course Jay-Z from the Collision Course CD with LP.
Old 07-30-2007

Send a message via MSN to benjirimm

the closest i got was LP n JZ, i just don't like but i belive its more repecable than MC music that all the annoying chavs will play at the back of the bus (americans may not get that)
Old 07-31-2007

I do not like rap because it is repetitive and pointless and has no real soul in it
Old 07-31-2007

i hate rap..lol rock is the best, no offense though:)
Old 07-31-2007

-__- I really do wonder why people who do not like Rap(or any type of music) come into a topic about it. It seems rather pointless.

ANYWAYS, *rolls out list*

Joe Budden
Yukmouth
Andre Nickatina
Blue Scholars
Royce Da 5'9"
Nas
Lupe Fiasco
Atmosphere
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Common
Tech N9ne
Chamillionaire
P.O.S
The Pharcyde

Probably my favorites as of right now. Also Theres no such thing as Real Hip Hop or Fake Hip Hop,Just straight up Hip Hop as a whole.. Its all the same even if some of it is stupid. Its like saying " You're not a real person because I don't like what you're doing and how you're presenting yourself as a human being"(Bad comparison but only thing I could think of....you get my point though)Bull on a stick. In my opinion of course.
Old 08-01-2007

I do, I like:
Eminem
Mims
Jay-z
Timbland
Akon
Snopp Dogg
Nate dogg
Ludacris
Usher
Ying Yang Twins
Does Fergie count?
Chamillionaire
yeah, I like all them, but eminem is my favorite/the best.
Old 08-02-2007

At the moment the big ones'd be Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Abdominal, 2pac, Eminem (as some have mentioned before, mostly his older stuff), Mos Def, Optimus Rhyme, Fort Minor, Jurassic 5, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, and Immortal Technique. Surprised that Sage and Immortal Technique weren't mentioned yet.
Old 08-02-2007

Because Immortal Tech has one of the worst flows ever and goes off beat more than Mystikal? That might be why....
Old 08-03-2007

Mac Dre he shouldn't of died....just because his death lead to hundreds of Thizz Head clones appearing in the Bay. However he still is one of the best Bay Area rappers ever.
Old 08-04-2007

Immortal technique has no flow, are you serious?! he's one of the best underground rapper these days. He's a genuis unlike those clowns that really think they're rappers(.I.E. Mims). I think his best song so far has been "crossing the boundary".
Old 08-04-2007

the rap music from the 70s and the 80s i have no problem with but the 21st century crap i cant stand.

and quite a lot of rap fans going around calling "gangsta" piss me off more than anything. well chavs piss me off more.

when ever im listening to something like lamg of god or any other decent form of music somefucking "gangsta" as they call themselves comes up to me rips my headphones out of my ears and say stop listening to that crap and then start doing some shitty attempt at rap.

another thing which gets on my nerves is when they say show some consideration for everyone else when your listening to that crap cos other people can hear it. even though im listening to it on my head phones and there playing there shit out loud and when anyone asks them to tur it down the god dam hypocrites just tell them to piss or i will "bang you out" as they say.

now thats out of the way continue with your posting.
Old 08-04-2007

I actually listen to rap, I like the sound, not the lyrics.

Common Sense.
I like him..
Old 08-04-2007

About the only Rap artist i listen to is Del the Funkee Humanoid. He works with Gorrillaz and did an album under the name Deltron Zero called Deltron 3030. It was an excelent album.
Old 08-05-2007

Yes he has no flow. He can't stay on beat. He can keep rapping about views on Social problems and the Government as long as he wants but he can never compare to deadprez or The Coup,who rap about similar things but they do it well.
Old 08-26-2007

Common
Lupe Fiasco
Aesop Rock
Eminem (even though he's garbage now)
Blue Scholars
Little Brother
Sean Price
Skyzoo
Pharoahe Monch
Murs
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Vakill
Royce da 5'9"
Buckshot
Rhymefest
Black Milk
De La Soul
Redman
Method Man
Ghostface Killah
Raekwon
Kanye West
The Procussions

plenty more...just got tired of naming them

:)

*does the worm*
Old 08-31-2007

cool, im glad there are some rap listeners on here
Old 08-31-2007

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

The great rappers have no self-consciousness. It's the only way you can come off as confident as rap requires you to be.

That said, a lot of modern-day hip hop artists somehow manage to fool people into thinking they're not self-conscious, which is balls. There are very few rappers being heard that would back up their grandiose claims.
Old 08-31-2007

So, stop with the nonsense, like he conscious
I'm just awake dawg, I'm doin' great dawg
Old 09-01-2007

Well, it's a little silly for normal people to go at length in perfect seriousness about how they'll murder all their opposition; plus, I don't know if you've ever tried it, but freestyling is hard if you pay too much attention to yourself. Most rappers confuse no self-consciousness with having a huge ego, which is actually the opposite of what you have to do, and so you get silly little feuds like Nas vs. Jay-Z that go nowhere.
Old 09-01-2007

The fuck? The Nas VS Jay-Z battle wasn't some "silly little feud". A Silly Little Feud would Dipset VS 50 Cent because that was just stupid.
Old 09-01-2007

Blurb: And Buffy stacked Edward. The end.

I've always liked Timbaland. He was especially good in Promisquese with Nelly Furtardo and in Maneater. I ahet gngsta rap. It's complete and utter shit to listen to.
Old 09-01-2007

Everyone vs. 50 Cent is just stupid. He should clone himself just to have a feud with himself.
Old 09-01-2007

I liked the 50 Cent VS Wu Tang.....just because he got jacked by Ghostface.